Soft Landing

I'm building a teleporting character. Basically I would like it so that any time she is a victim of knockback or a throw, she can teleport safely to a landing spot of her choice.

Cost is not a problem

How do I build it?

I was thinking that maybe it would be run as a Damage Shield with maybe a No Conscious Control. (Everytime the character is thrown or suffers KB it activates and pay for the Continious, No END, Persistant) Any ideas would be very helpful.

Teleport with Trigger.

Also give the character a sort of Spacial Awareness enhanced Sense so they can sense their surroundings (sort of like Daredevil). If the teleport is triggered, they make a successful perception roll to find a "safe spot". Make the trigger based on a skill roll (perception roll).

If you want it to work every time, get rid of the skill roll and the sense, and use the adder Safe Teleport.

Would you consider Continious appropriate with Trigger to represent a Trigger that is always in effect. The text encourages a Trigger only being good once and given the nature of the power, I do not feel it deserves a GM approval to be used multiple times with just Trigger.

Originally posted by Super Squirrel

Would you consider Continious appropriate with Trigger to represent a Trigger that is always in effect. The text encourages a Trigger only being good once and given the nature of the power, I do not feel it deserves a GM approval to be used multiple times with just Trigger.

Not to be a nitpicker here, but I would say that such a power needs GM approval. This power will:

Stop a character from becoming prone.

Stop any extra damage from a throw or knockback.

Change location of the character - sometimes people are thrown or knock backed in hopes of putting them into a disadvantageous situation.

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Not to be a nitpicker here, but I would say that such a power needs GM approval. This power will:

Stop a character from becoming prone.

Stop any extra damage from a throw or knockback.

Change location of the character - sometimes people are thrown or knock backed in hopes of putting them into a disadvantageous situation.

ARGH!!!!! If I wanted GM approval I would ask the GM for approval. I'm asking how to BUILD it. And for the record I am the GM and would like the power built as accurately as possible.

So far I'm looking at it like this:

10" Teleportation, No Relative Velocity, Safe Blind, Fixed Trigger, Continious, Reduced Endurance Cost (0 END)

That is 81 Active Points for a power that allows you to avoid Throws and Knock Back Only.

I'm not sure about the validity of using Continuous to automatically reset the Trigger. I'd think Persistant would would be needed as well (which would cover not only resetting the Trigger, but allowing for movement out of phase without using an action).

To reduce the overall cost, you could also put No Noncombat, and maybe even No Conscious Control of Location (just goes to the closest "safe" hex).

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe one easier.

12" Knockback Resistance, prevents damage but not movement -1/4?

Originally posted by pinecone

Shoot...maybe this is just a special effect...-20 KB SE:Random safe teleport and +10 with breakfall SE: as above?????? if all that you want is a "cool power" why be all uptight? I for one LIKE "cool powers" :)

Guest Worldmaker
Originally posted by SkyKnight

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe one easier.

12" Knockback Resistance, prevents damage but not movement -1/4?

Considering that the effect you're going for is "not being knocked back", why use the limitation? Its knockback resistance with a really, really flashy special effect.

Jack

There is no official way to do an auto-resetting Trigger; however, it's been done by GM fiat in several published examples using (I believe) 0 END Persistent. I'd go that route, assuming the Knockback Resistance idea wasn't to your liking.

If this works every time she is knocked down/back, then IMO it does not merit No Conscious Control. NCC should only be applied when the lack of control is a limitation (which usually means its random).