The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

OSU Beavers National Champions!

Never thought I'd type that.

Just got back from Elk. Damn. My step dad is too active for me. I was beat following him around. He's only 69...

*Grumble*

But it was a fantastic trip. I watched The College World Series Finals with my dad and mom and we walked the lake, sat in the hot tub, swam, watched fish, watched ducklings, shopped, it was grand.

I ate too much but I think I worked it all off...we'll see when I weigh myself tonight.

It's good to be back though.

• 2 weeks later...

My 3D render program ate itself this morning. Forcing me to reinstall everything. Which is going to take many hours of work.

But I will be able to reinstall the Runtime folders containing all my models in a more intelligent manner; which is good really.

I got the camera I've been shopping for yesterday. Took a dozen shots with it "out of the box". It's my first working camera in over twenty years. I've got a lot of reading and playing to do with it. And a few accessories (and software) to buy.

... Good Lord, an 8 megapixel camera generates huge images.

The software that came with the camera is rather minimalist. Definitely have to get some software for dealing with things. And probably resist the temptation to write my own, or do tweaks to packages I know already. Given that I was working with CCD image data back in, oh, 1984 or so, an astronomer's idea of image processing is probably a little different from everyone else's. :rolleyes: