The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Joined the HERO Weight Loss Club! Woot!

I plan on buying the physical limitation off and repurchasing some lost running.

Why not join the Fred Weight Loss Club. Take one copy of Fred and rip out the pages you don't need, and viola -- Sidekick.

:winkgrin:

I have the bestest spouse in the whole wide world. ^ v ^

I'm sick, so he patiently went to the store to get me stuff to help me feel better THREE times, the third time to pick up NyQuil, which neither of us were sure could even be sold OTC anymore.

And then, this morning, he forgave me for very urgently reminding him of the time, as if he were running late. (He got up a half an hour early, thanks to said urgent reminder. And didn't kill me when I said, as he was about to rush out the door, that he was running an hour early, not five minutes late like I'd implied. Poor guy.)

Today:

I bought MAR #7 and it's $2 cheaper than most Manga Books :)

I celebrated 10 years at my job by having lunch at Outback Steakhouse - for free!

I celebrated with my little brother, and his wife and her family for her graduating her PHD program last week.

Got my copy of Xenosaga back from said brother ( I loaned it to him in 1999)

Drove home a new way from Springfield. It was pretty.

All in all, it was a good day to be alive.

Let's go Sunday and see if we can top it.

So in our game today, my "colour" feat (sorry guys, it was D&D) payed off in a big way. We're trying to help a lizardman chieftan retake his tribe. On the promise that he'll put an end to the raiding that has been going on. The new "Chieftan" is an Illithid, and he has several Illithid/Lizardman hybrids as lieutenants and these godawful "Brain Spiders" as pets.

So my character, a northern born warrior who happens to have earth elemental in his blood was allowed to take the Jotunbrood feat. Aside from making me taller and bigger than I already was, the feat allows me to grapple as if I was size Large. So I had a +12 to grapple the Hybrids and a whopping +20 to grapple with the Brain Spiders. They spent the better part of the battle ineffectively trying to either eat my brain or control my mind. Though I was the only member of the party to fall I did not die and we won the day.

Lots of fun.

GM: Okay roll your grapple.

Me: 33

GM: Why do I bother?

:)

Heh. Josh once made a chart for my character, because he was tired of me rolling to hit, looking at him quizzically, and asking if it DID hit.

All the chart said was:

18: you missed

3 - 17: you hit

CSLs up the wazoo, plus up against slow ape-creatures = my character does an impression of a lawmower. ^ v ^

I'm pretty happy about my cold clearing up so quickly.

Got all the LEDs installed on my desk... now it's all lit up nicely. And hopefully enough that i don't have to turn on the overhead which are standard incandescant bulbs. Not only do they produce a crappy light but take too much energy.

I'll see when I no longer have sunlight from the window helping illumination just how good the set up is.:bounce:

Got all the LEDs installed on my desk... now it's all lit up nicely. And hopefully enough that i don't have to turn on the overhead which are standard incandescant bulbs. Not only do they produce a crappy light but take too much energy.

I'll see when I no longer have sunlight from the window helping illumination just how good the set up is.:bounce:

That's kinda neat. What color are the LEDs?