WWYCD: Morty the Mugger never learns...

Wormhole

Morty the inept mugger is an incompetent minor crime played for comic relief in the campaign. Every week, he always mugs (or rather tries to mug) someone that in retrospect he should've left well enough alone. Last week, he made the mistake of accosting a local Martial Artist who teaches self-defense classes at the YWCA and was lucky to get off with just a blackeye and a couple of teeth knocked out. This week, he's at it again, even though he'd probably be better off hanging it up and getting a nice safe McJobâ„¢. This time, as he accosts and demands money from a man passing his alley, the would be mark produces a cylindrical metal object from his pocket and says, "Mode: cryogun, Setting: carbon freeze."

Sure enough, the cylinder whirs and takes the shape of the specified weapon. The stranger points, fires, and does indeed carbon freeze Morty (yes, very much like Han in Empire Strikes Back). WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Morty the Mugger never learns...

Queen of Spades would like to inquire wether this is pernament or not; if it isn't, she'd thank him for at last stopping an embarrasment to any criminal, apparently for real. If it isn't reversable, then she'd have to ask the Freezer to come with her to the police quietly and perhaps we can work something out that's not too bad. If he refuses, one last warning, and then play with her Taser Fists on the schlub.

Most of my characters would open by inquiring/determining whether Morty was just killed' date=' or given the description, incapacitated until thawed. If the latter, and the guy isn't a recognized villain, they'd thank him for his restraint and take the poor sap in.[/quote']

What he said.

Astro-Knight: "That is just cool, uhm, scuse me, but he IS alive in there right?"

After finding out he is, AK would politely ask for Morty to be reverted so he could deliver the incompetent to the police where he'd be safer.

Gaze: checks to make sure there is a mind, "So he lives, entombed within a reflection of himself. That is well. Unshackle him so I may bring him before the lady's scales."

Max Thunder: Check for signs of life and ask if the man was still alive, be amazed, "Do you know how useful that could be in preserving life? Cyrogenics has nothing on it... would you mind coming to the university with me? I'm sure one of the professors would love to see that... oh, and we better do something about Morty to." He'd be sheepish at having forgotten the last.

Recluse: "So, ah, mister carbonite sir, is he okay?"

Astro-Knight: "That is just cool, uhm, scuse me, but he IS alive in there right?"

After finding out he is, AK would politely ask for Morty to be reverted so he could deliver the incompetent to the police where he'd be safer.

Gaze: checks to make sure there is a mind, "So he lives, entombed within a reflection of himself. That is well. Unshackle him so I may bring him before the lady's scales."

Max Thunder: Check for signs of life and ask if the man was still alive, be amazed, "Do you know how useful that could be in preserving life? Cyrogenics has nothing on it... would you mind coming to the university with me? I'm sure one of the professors would love to see that... oh, and we better do something about Morty to." He'd be sheepish at having forgotten the last.

Recluse: "So, ah, mister carbonite sir, is he okay?"

Yeah, but what would D'êth Stürm do? ;)

Bill.

("My name is Muerte! Death! And don't you forget it!")

Grizzly "Uh, hi. Wow. So, he's still alive and the process is reversible, right?" Once confirmed that this is the case "Great. He's probably easier to carry this way. Can you come down to the local precinct with me an unthaw him there?" If the process is irrevocable, then Grizzly is going to have to try and put a stop to it.

Harrowed just needs to know if the perp is dead or alive. Alive means he has to take him to the precinct and the guy can come along to unthaw him. Dead means that the perp has to go to the morgue - but it was clearly a case of self-defence, even if it was a little extreme.

Guest HeroPink!

Morty the inept mugger is an incompetent minor crime played for comic relief in the campaign. Every week, he always mugs (or rather tries to mug) someone that in retrospect he should've left well enough alone. Last week, he made the mistake of accosting a local Martial Artist who teaches self-defense classes at the YWCA and was lucky to get off with just a blackeye and a couple of teeth knocked out. This week, he's at it again, even though he'd probably be better off hanging it up and getting a nice safe McJobâ„¢. This time, as he accosts and demands money from a man passing his alley, the would be mark produces a cylindrical metal object from his pocket and says, "Mode: cryogun, Setting: carbon freeze."

Sure enough, the cylinder whirs and takes the shape of the specified weapon. The stranger points, fires, and does indeed carbon freeze Morty (yes, very much like Han in Empire Strikes Back). WWYCD?

Glarg: He wouldn't understand anything of what happened. I'd pull out my "Glarg Acts Like Glarg" list for this one. It's a list of things Glarg might do, random roll. If it's possible, that's what he does, if not, I reroll. 1-35 is "Stand there". ;)

Thena: Ask if Morty's alive. If yes, try and convince guy to reverse right now. If he won't, ask questions of the guy to find out as much about the reverser as possible, then TP away w/Morty to put him safe, then XDM around to find dimension can get Morty unfroze.

If Morty's dead, TP guy to nearest place she thinks will hold him, then TP herself and Morty to cops and tell what's happened.

Panweesio: A mugger got done in by the victim? GOOD! Panweesio wouldn't even pause; Morty's dead (it seems), and it's time to go deal with crime, evil, etc. (self-defense isn't a crime in Panweesio's POV, no need to arrest/detain anyone over that).

Guest HeroPink!

You need to post Glarg's list, then. I'd love to see someday, perhaps embelish it.

Could come in handy. :D

Hi. Cause you asked, here's the

[center]
[b]G A L G L[/b]
l c i l i
a t k a s
r s e r t
g     g  
[/center]

1-35: Just stand there.
36-40: Try to tickle himself.
31-43: Try to tickle nearest "person."
44-46: Sing.
47-49: Hum.
50-54: Start counting all the ______ he can see. When he loses count, reroll, ignoring 1-35.
55-59: Finally get joke he heard long ago; laugh, retell joke (wrong), etc.
60-63: Read aloud all signs, etc., he can see. If there's nothing with writing on it around, walk off looking for something to read.
64-66: Stick finger in mouth, hold up, find wind direction.
67-68: Like last, then point upwind and yell "Breeze from there!"
69: Pick nose. *Deeply.*
70: Shake a finger at the "bad guy" and tell him he's naughty.
71-73: Insist nearest teammate explain what the team is doing/trying to do. In detail. Repeatedly.
74-75: Complain about situation, how tired/hurt he is, etc.
76: Insist "bad guy/guys" explain what s/he/they are doing/trying to do. In detail. Repeatedly.
77-79: Stamp his feet.
80-83: The Yell, nondirectional.
84-87: The Yell, cone, straight ahead.
88-89: The Yell, target:
         1-5: Some "bad guy."
         6: Bystander.
         7: Teammate.
         8-10: Nearby object.
90-92: Charge straight ahead, regardless of what's there. Do Move Through.
93-94: Turn 180º, then do like last one.
95: Hit nearest unmoving object.
96: Pick up something and throw it. Choose direction randomly:
         1-3: straight ahead
         4-5: forward-right
         5: right
         6-7: forward-left
         8: left
         9: backwards
         10: upwards
97-100:
         1: Tell someone else's personal secret. To just the *wrong* person.
         2: Recite the Declaration of Independence.
         3: Insist this is all a comic book, he's one of the "good guys," so the "bad guys" should just give up. If no "bad guys" are around, complain about how he's drawn.
         4: Start pinching himself. Whine when he doesn't wake up.
         5: Do bird or animal noises.
         6: Point at someone and laugh. Don't explain why. "Bad guys" are first choise, bystanders second, teammates third.
         7-10: Make it up and add to the list.

If the result is impossible, he just stands there. If the result would be useful, 50% change to just stands there.

[center]
[b]G A L G L[/b]
l c i l i
a t k a s
r s e r t
g     g  
[/center]

50-54: Start counting all the ______ he can see. When he loses count, reroll, ignoring 1-35.
60-63: Read aloud all signs, etc., he can see. If there's nothing with writing on it around, walk off looking for something to read.
71-73: Insist nearest teammate explain what the team is doing/trying to do. In detail. Repeatedly.
76: Insist "bad guy/guys" explain what s/he/they are doing/trying to do. In detail. Repeatedly.
97-100:
         3: Insist this is all a comic book, he's one of the "good guys," so the "bad guys" should just give up. If no "bad guys" are around, complain about how he's drawn.
         6: Point at someone and laugh. Don't explain why. "Bad guys" are first choise, bystanders second, teammates third.

If the result is impossible, he just stands there. If the result would be useful, 50% change to just stands there.

Heh... cool list.

Guest HeroPink!

Wow. I hope you got your money's worth for that Psych Limit. . .

Not a Psych Lim. The effects of being really, REALLY stupid.

I made the list 'cause I was always going "OK Glarg doesn't understand what's happening. What's he do?" till I said "I'll make a list!"

Talked it over w/GM and away I went. When weird s:hush::hush::hush: comes down, it's fun to use!

Let's see. "St Barbara" waits for Morty to be unfrozen then interviews him and asks for details. Assuming that our friend who froze Morty hasn't struck again she merely keeps an eye out for any future activities by him (or her). When he strikes next she might try to find him and have a quiet chat concerning his motives, methods, relationship with the local authorities etc. Meanwhile advise Morty to find some other (more honest) line of business !

• 3 years later...

This time, as he accosts and demands money from a man passing his alley, the would be mark produces a cylindrical metal object from his pocket and says, "Mode: cryogun, Setting: carbon freeze."

Vitus admires the ice block, and compliments the victim on his device

"I used to have a Wand of Wonder that could do things like that. Of course usually it would do something else entirely. But that's because it was a son-of-a-bitch"

Then cart the popsicle off to City Hall - if they can't thaw him out at least they can use him as a Public Art Installation

[center]
[b]G A L G L[/b]
l c i l i
a t k a s
r s e r t
g     g  
[/center]

97-100:

A VERY cool list. I am imagining Glarg doing some of this stuff when facing some Villain in monologue mode - and it is delightful.