Valdorian Age Campaign A Go!

Super Squirrel

I did it! I have finally managed to not only get a table top game organized again but we even worked out a schedule for it!

Next Sunday we will sit down and work out characters and character backgrounds and perhaps roleplay character introductions. So far I know we will have a barbarian and an "evil" sorceress of some kind.

Re: Valdorian Age Campaign A Go!

Okay, I need some ideas for a good starting adventure for my group. I have a couple of ideas but I figure outside input can't hurt.

Idea #1:

A mysterious disease breaks out in Lowtown causing dozens of people to die within days. There seems to be no end of the disease in sight as the signs of the disease begin to show up The source of the disease seems to have some sort of sorcery element to it.

Idea #2:

A mysterious gang in the Canals causes a friend to contact a friend for help catching them.

Idea #3:

Ye' Old Deliver this package safely to this location adventure.

Hon . . . barbarian. And 'evil' sorceress. Do think about your players for a second. You give my barbarian character a mystery to solve' date=' she's shrugging and wandering off to have some ale.[/quote']

My idea for connecting the players together is rather, interesting. A Sorceress isn't usually able to take care of herself. The Barbarian would be there for damage control. But you raise a point in that they are not very fitting with just simple archtypes to design around.

I did some google searches on an assortment of topics and I think I know what I'm going to do to start off.

I'm going to go with the Apprentice No More on idea on page 139 of Valdorian Age. All I'll need to do is find a way to get the party together and it should do the trick nicely.

Hon . . . barbarian. And 'evil' sorceress. Do think about your players for a second. You give my barbarian character a mystery to solve' date=' she's shrugging and wandering off to have some ale.[/quote']

Unless (s)he'll get paid if they solve the mystery - then they just start breaking things.

Really, I feel a good Valdorian Age campaign should occasionally read like a Michael Bay script.

Shady Shopkeeper: "I don't know anything about No murder downstairs!"

Korad the Barbarian: *punches fist through wall* "ANSWER TO ME!"

Shady Shopkeeper: "I said-"

*CRASH*

Dozens of SWAT City Guards come crashing through the windows.

Zula the Sorceress: "Five-Oh!"

Korad: "Now ah'm angry!"

Korad bashes heads with ninja-like moves while Zula dives through the window. More SWAT City Guards come through the door. Korad dives through the window as well. There are more City Guards outside.

*FOOM* A haycart explodes. A fast horserace through the city, with some wicked slow-motion jumps. Korad will keep shooting his crossbow at the City Guards, causing them to crash in giant pile-ups, and the horses will explode.

Alice, baby - Barbarians are excellent detectives.

I always wanted to play in a game with exploding horses. Could you do something Ang Lee-ish? Maybe the riders of the horses are on a collision course and hurled at each other by the explosion. They cross with swords drawn and in mid air switch to a Kurasawa film. They land facing each other, grim faced. Did they miss? And then the guy on the left slowly slides into two neat halves. If you want to jump into Peckinpaw (sp), this could be followed by a fountain of arterial blood.

Keith "Musical Directors" Curtis

Modivate the Soceress to need a barbarain by

her hunteds

her job

her need to go somewhere (or possibality in far furture) the bar can deal with

ex: she relize the bar is from the far north where the age reducing nut comes from. . . so with his knowledge he can lead her there.

and a good non leathal bar fight to show how tough ect the bar is and impress the sor.

Basically my idea from the beginning goes like this:

I have an NPC I have to finish up (he needs 30 or so more points spent) that lives in Snake's Den. He is well known to help Barbarians who have come to the city. He gets them to tutors to learn the language if necessary, finds them work at warehouses and other places. In this particular case, he knows a Necromancer who needs a sort of bodyguard. And that will put the two characters together, or at least that is part of the plan.

Meanwhile' date=' back at the nearest barracks:[/i']

The Over-bearing but Paternal Captain: "How could you let them get away?"

The Hot-Shot Rookie Guardsman: "But, sir-"

Captain: "You're suspended. Turn in your sword!"

Rookie: "You can't fire me!" Throws sword against wall. "I QUIT!"

First off, Repped.

Secondly, how do I get into your games? Exploding horses.....I think I would just walk / run.

If we carry the metaphor to its ultimate extent, by Hollywood Law, any horse that falls of a cliff will burst into flames on contact with the ground. There will be a huge explosion, then a brief period of silence while a lone horseshoe rolls across the foreground from right to left.

Keith "sniff, beautiful." Curtis

I want a horse with an oil-slick sprayer' date=' so I can look in my rear view mirror and laugh as my pursuers' horses spin out of control.[/quote']

As long as Q is designing our horse, it should also be made bulletproof so as to render its rider invulnerable to small arms fire.