Valdorian Age Campaign A Go!

Super Squirrel

Re: Valdorian Age Campaign A Go!

oh, and it needs to have flamethrower farts, along with the grease slick and exploding boosters, that way all you have to do when trying to get away in a chase is feed the horse beans, it'll slick up the other horses in grease, then fart and set them all on fire, and when the fire races back up the trail to the horse ti'll explode the character forward out of harms way.

I played a high level M-U who polymorphed a T Rex into a bunny. He caught it and then carried around for quite some time, waiting to hurl it at some unsuspecting enemy and then cast Dispel Magic. He carried it for months, and then the group joined up with a Paladin. "What abilities can you offer our group?" I asked. "Well, he said, drawing his sword, "I have this +5 Holy Avenger."

Keith "See, the +5 Holy Avenger has a permanent radius of Dispel Magic..." Curtis

"You fail your Riding skill roll. Your horse tumbles to the side rolling over and over again until coming to a stop. You find that your are stuck to the saddle and the horses blood is slowly seeping out, forming a long stream quickly reaching an open flame..."

I played a high level M-U who polymorphed a T Rex into a bunny.

He needed a friendly druid. See, one of the things that amused me in DandD is that Dinosaurs are considered "natural animals". So they are suscpetible to spells like "charm animal" and "enlarge animal"

So one of my characters (Fonographix the Bard) who was tired of having his warhorses nuked, I mean fireballed, out from under him, charmed a T-Rex and then had our friendly local magic-user polymorph it into a warhorse. Better saves, better THACO, way more hitpoints and exactly the attitude you want in a warhorse.

cheers, Mark

Man, now I want to play a horribly anachronistic Valdorian Age / Dark Champions crossover. C'mon, a Robert E. Howard meets Frank Miller universe... How fun would that be?

GM: So, your character's parents were mugged and murdered when you were coming back from the theatre?

PC: That's correct.

GM: And now you carry batarangs?

PC: No.... I carry boomerang shuriken.

GM: And now you fight crime in Snake's Den...

PC: Crime and corruption, yes.

GM: And you saw fit to name your apparently very stealthy warhorse "Robin"?

PC: Yes, I ride him, and robins are fast.

GM: You didn't want to name him "Batmobile"?

PC: I have no idea what you're talking about.

"You fail your Riding skill roll.

"The horse runs off the side of the road into a parked horse, then careens into the air, performing 3/4 of a barrel roll before you and it come crashing back to the ground.

"Your horse tumbles to the side rolling over and over again until coming to a stop. You find that your [leg is pinned under the horse] and the horses blood is slowly seeping out, forming a long stream quickly reaching an open flame..."

Man, now I want to play a horribly anachronistic Valdorian Age / Dark Champions crossover. C'mon, a Robert E. Howard meets Frank Miller universe... How fun would that be?

GM: So, your character's parents were mugged and murdered when you were coming back from the theatre?

PC: That's correct.

GM: And now you carry batarangs?

PC: No.... I carry boomerang shuriken.

GM: And now you fight crime in Snake's Den...

PC: Crime and corruption, yes.

GM: And you saw fit to name your apparently very stealthy warhorse "Robin"?

PC: Yes, I ride him, and robins are fast.

GM: You didn't want to name him "Batmobile"?

PC: I have no idea what you're talking about.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Citizen Keen again." «sigh»

In all seriousness back to the original point to the thread, we met tonight but didn't game. I spoke with the other player about his character and we worked out the character concept.

Player 1 will be a Necromancer.

Player 2 will be a Barbarian from Abyznia

Player 3 will be an outcasted Cynthian Rider

He needed a friendly druid. See, one of the things that amused me in DandD is that Dinosaurs are considered "natural animals". So they are suscpetible to spells like "charm animal" and "enlarge animal"

So one of my characters (Fonographix the Bard) who was tired of having his warhorses nuked, I mean fireballed, out from under him, charmed a T-Rex and then had our friendly local magic-user polymorph it into a warhorse. Better saves, better THACO, way more hitpoints and exactly the attitude you want in a warhorse.

cheers, Mark

Or take a hint from the halflings in Eberron and just the ride the dino.