Thank you

Tenzil Kim

I just wanted to thank the community here. I don’t really play Hero but I enjoy coming to these boards and reading and sometimes discussing super heroes and super hero role playing. The folks on this board have a genuine enthusiasm for both comics and role playing.

A lot of other super hero sites are good but none have the diversity and devotion for the genre as this one. Granted there is a lot of system talk that goes right over my head and I only understand the basics most of the time, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the anonymous camaraderie I find here.

Thank you

Re: Thank you

That's very kind of you to say.

I think a lot of the board's character has something to do with the longevity of the game. Some of us are comic-book and Champions fans long, long before the boards existed. I have my 1st edition copy not far away from where I sit and type this.

Hehe,

Don’t worry, I buy the books and love the background setting I just don’t play.

What?! Why not? No interest in playing, or just don't have anyone in your area? Where is your area? (If you don't mind.)

So I’m sort of part of the “Hero Collectiveâ€;)

Well, okay, I always liked the Collective. :dyn:D

What?! Why not? No interest in playing' date=' or just don't have anyone in your area? Where is your area? (If you don't mind.)[/quote']

Its not that I can’t find anyone to play it just isn’t my bag. I like the universe and have played in several games back when I lived with my roommate. Just was never big on the system. 1st time I was hipped to the system was back in the 80’s.

I jumped to Super World, TMNT, Heroes Unlimited, to DC Heroes. Since then I’ve played a ton of supers games and none ever compared to DC Heroes.

I know tons of hero fans so finding a game wouldn’t be a problem.

I am glad you like it here and thanks for the help regarding Godsend Agenda D6 stuff. I hope you will not be insulted if I adapt your Gaming products to HERO (and the Art *sighs*).

Please feel free to convert. Id be curious to see how the characters in the book look with Hero stats.

Originally I was gonna stat the book in several different systems but opted to just go D6. My Hero-fu wasn’t strong enough to try and do ALL the characters up. Every once in a while a toy with the idea of doing PDF version of GODSEND Agenda with Hero and M&M stats. Sadly I suffer from a disease called lazy;)

... Sorry, I'm running away from the Fantasy Boards for the moment. I've had a similar experience with those folks as you have, Tenzil Kim, and your thread has prompted one question in my mind:

Why aren't you running a game? Leave the mechanics to the local Rules Lawyer Union 858, plop your plot down and run y'sef a game. It'll make you feel good...

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - G.B. Shaw

I do run games. I’m running two games in fact, Mekton and Talsilanta. I just finished running a huge GODSEND Agenda Campaign and when my Talislanta game is over (In about two weeks) I plan to run a game of Deliria.

I game every week and have done so almost since I started gaming back in 80 or 81. I love the hobby and have no intention not to play.

My favorite genre to role play is super heroic and that’s why I like coming to this board so much. Lots of like minded fans here.

I remember when you doing some of the Godsend Agenda books and asking about art. I'm pleased with the choices you made. Given the motivation, I'd be willing to help convert characters to Hero.

I'm sure many others would, too.

I may have to take some of you up on that offer. Like I said earlier I would be curious to see how the characters look stated in Hero

Well Tenzil Kim,

I think it's wonderful all the same that you like the forums here...people are always welcome from all systems...not just the HERO System.

Many of us do have a tendency to get a little "fanatical", especially when it comes to the "loyalty to the game system"; but all in all, everyone here has a good health respect for people's opinions...whether right, wrong or indifferent.

So, my question to you is more from a "curiousity factor"...

What was it that originally did lead you to the HERO Games forums in the first place?

Well Tenzil Kim,

What was it that originally did lead you to the HERO Games forums in the first place?

What brought me here was the lack of vitriol free discussion of the super hero genre in general. A lot of times on other forums when you discuss the tropes of the super hero genre it devolves into “Play M&M, SAS, or Hero etcâ€. Even on boards dedicated to other systems they talk less about how to play a super game and more about how cool the system is. Granted, there is a fair amount of that on this board but it just seems a lot more inclusive.

Maybe it’s because Hero system is so maligned that Hero players have to be a little more tolerant of other views or game systems. I understand that everyone has their favorite system and under the right situation I usually have fun playing them.

Other reasons could be

The age demographic. From what I can tell most Hero players that I encounter are around my age.

The topics are varied here. Seems like the players here have a lot in common with the play style I like.

Beyond that I guess Id have to think long and hard about why I come to a board that has nothing to do with a system I play. Personally I think we would all have an easier go at it if you all purchased GODSEND agenda;) but its not required for us to have gratifying discussions:)

Plus I like the concept of Forum Rep:p

Personally, I think a few people who don't play the system involved in the discussions on this Board is welcome.

I also think that we're very good about keeping strict Rules Discussions in the Hero System Forum and more Role Playing Oriented threads in the Genre Forums..

One thing I've noticed as that almost everyone on this board (I would say everyone, but then that'd be a blanket statement) is always willing to let the Game and the Experience trump the System. Which tells me we're all Roleplayers and not Rollplayers, no matter what system we like.

Personally, I think a few people who don't play the system involved in the discussions on this Board is welcome.

I also think that we're very good about keeping strict Rules Discussions in the Hero System Forum and more Role Playing Oriented threads in the Genre Forums..

One thing I've noticed as that almost everyone on this board (I would say everyone, but then that'd be a blanket statement) is always willing to let the Game and the Experience trump the System. Which tells me we're all Roleplayers and not Rollplayers, no matter what system we like.

I'd tend to agree with ghost-angel here. After all, how does the old cliche' go...

Variety is the spice of life?

I think it's important to keep a fairly broad mind. Sure, I think that HERO is a great game system...but there are a lot of other great ones out there as well. No game or system should be considered as "unavailable for discussion", they all have merits (yes...even d20 :P )...and should be considered as an "open topic".

I'm glad your participating here on the HERO Boards, Tenzil Kim.

Some new insight is always welcomed...and encouraged.;)