Force Wall vs. Transform

Super Squirrel

Re: Force Wall vs. Transform

I kind of agree' date=' to be honest. I sometimes wonder if Force Wall would be better off as some kind of Advantage on Force Field, rather than a separate Power...[/quote']

Force Wall has a specific mechanical effect, namely reducing BODY of Killing Attacks before STUN multiples. It's the only form of DEF that does that. It also collapses completely if its DEF is exceeded, and is the only form of DEF that does that.

I'm not big on the idea of combining powers for the sake of "purity," but I'd say Entangle and Force Wall could be combined. At least the "create barrier" version of Entangle, which is largely the same as Force Wall. (I think Entangle and Entangle Barrier are mainly combined because Spider-Man and Green Lantern use "one power" for both effects.)

FIGHT!

Oh wait...

A character uses a power to cause the ground to rise in front of him forming a barrier. The barrier remains unless destroyed or returned to its original shape. Has the character just used a force wall or a transformation?

An Entagle to form a barrier....Psych!

Hmmm...I guess I should have read the replys first...I agree with them fellas...:)

I used to have a character who animated stone and earth, and used TK, limited to only be able to 'animate' a quantity of stone if the str/5 of the TK exceeded the DEF (and then only a number of BODY of stone equal to str/5-DEF): if there was insufficient material then the str of the TK was reduced. This sounds a bit like that, to be honest. Basically you are moving something into the way of the attack, like a brick picking up a car to shield himself from an EB - it is not really a FW or entangle because it is far more limited than those powers in many ways. Of course if you want 'full functionality' then go for it: entangle has BODY so that might 'seem' more real (although you could mug up the effects of FW with sfx to fit fine too).

If it is a force wall or an entangle, it is substantially limited.

FW and entangle do quite different things or - more accurately - quite similar things quite differently - so really you will need to decide exactly how the power works before deciding how to construct it. On the face of it, the 'remains until destroyed or returned to its original shape' mitigates against force wall.

The problem here - that the TK thing got around - was that you could potentially use his effect for other things - make that wall come over here, for instance, and you have a hole in the wall. You need to consider all the potential uses, and, if you are going to disallow any, why that is.

Best of luck....

I'm with the entalge people.... guess it was a sticky attack. ;)

Concerning Sean's bit on how different powers to the same thing differently-ish...

When stopping and holding a target, I've always wondered why everyone automatically goes to Entangle, when we have TK, that does the same thing, only differently. Same thing with FW when you need to make some kind of barrier, when we also have Entangle. Nobody forgets we have RKA and EB though, or Aid and Drain and Suppress.