Help! Sci Fi TV show...

gojira

I have this dim recollection of an old TV show, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it.

It was kinda this post apocalyptic TV series, where the main characters had this very large All Terrain Vehicle they drove around in. That's what I remember best, the ATV. This thing had like six or eight wheels, white, kinda a modular looking design, and I think it articulated in the middle. Not sure about that, though.

The cast would move around to different areas in this ATV, so it was kind of a Wagon Train, Star Trek take off. I think there were four cast members. One boy, one woman, and two men. I think they also had some buggies for extra vehicles they ran around in. No, not Earth 2. I don't think it was a Logan's Run spin off either, unless they got really lose with the plot of LR.

Sorry, but I don't remember much of the plot, or any names at all. I think the show would have been around 1970 or so, based on how dim my memory is of it, and my memory of the hair styles of the cast.

Any one have any ideas what this show was called, and if there's a website for it? Thanks for any help, I'm stumped.

Re: Help! Sci Fi TV show...

Yes, it was Ark II, and the thing I remember most was the chimpanzee. For some odd reason I was thinking of that show recently. Maybe because I've been thinking about chimpanzees, due to several other ongoing threads.

Lucius Alexander

And a post-apocolyptic cyberpunk palindromedary. What?

Yes! Thanks for the memory jog. Ark II was definately the show I was thinking of.

I can't find the post now, but I think Steve Long said somewhere's that a post-apocalytic world would be the next new major genre book he would like to do. Maybe that's hooey and my mind is going, but something definately started my brain percolating in this direction.

Thanks again, everyone.

I know this sounds really stupid, but yeah -- for some strange reason, I was thinking about this series a couple of weeks ago when I was kicking around ideas for a thread on this site, but I couldn't get enough of a memory jog to post. Since I don't know how, could somebody find the post-apoc thread and link this thread to it? Thanks in advance.

Matt "Yeah-I-vaguely-remember-something-like-that" Frisbee

Guest Major Tom

The coolest thing about Ark II was that the jet jumper they used was an honest to goodness real live NASA jet jumper.

Keith "Santa, is it too late to change my Christmas list?" Curtis

Was the jet jumper the updated version of Professor Robinson's jet pack from

Lost In Space?

Major Tom :confused:

I know this sounds really stupid, but yeah -- for some strange reason, I was thinking about this series a couple of weeks ago when I was kicking around ideas for a thread on this site, but I couldn't get enough of a memory jog to post. Since I don't know how, could somebody find the post-apoc thread and link this thread to it? Thanks in advance.

Matt "Yeah-I-vaguely-remember-something-like-that" Frisbee

Linky

Nice job resurrecting that thread btw, Matt! :) I knew I had read that somewhere on these boards.

Here are some blueprints. I did not create these, They can be found at:

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/ark2/blueprints.html

I have taken the liberty of extracting just the blueprints, deciphering a scale based on the roamer (a modified Brubaker Box) and slapping a hex grid on them. I hope someone can use them.

Keith "Too-too-too much time on my hands" Curtis

I don't believe it! Check out this link:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&fstype=1&from=R10&satitle=ARK+II&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=52601&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Now all I need is a VHS machine...

Matt "Still-living-in-my-childhood" Frisbee