CHAR: Green Lantern

Enforcer84

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAR: Green Lantern

Sorry for the new guy question but what is VPP?

Variable Power Pool - it is essentially a pool of points in order to build whatever power constructs you need. Generally reserved for cosmically-powered characters or wizards who have an exhaustive amount of powers to choose from.

And another correction... Hal Jordan is no longer considered the "Greatest Green Lantern"... in point of fact one of the recent issues showed him being outright dissed by the GLC in a "You're just not that important, Hal, sorry!" moment.

The follow up line, by the way, is "Now, Kyle on the other hand..."

After all that time being dead or otherwise not being a Green Lantern, Kyle's rep has eclipsed Jordan's.

So the continuity Gods that can't age a hero more than a few months over a decade have decided that Kyle's fame is greater than Hal's? Fifteen minutes in deed. :D

Actually, it's third mightiest behind Mjolnir and pie.

...and my favorite Lantern is the animated JLA John Stewart. I just think he's the only Green Lantern who has ever been given a decent personality. Cool writeup though. :thumbup:

Yes, but it's been mass produced almost to the extent of pie.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

So the continuity Gods that can't age a hero more than a few months over a decade have decided that Kyle's fame is greater than Hal's? Fifteen minutes in deed. :D

Its a combination of factors. First, he brought the Guardians back, and held the line by himself for a decade. Second, 90% of the newly constituted Green Lantern Corps's personnel are rookies to whom Jordan is a "Hal who? Oh yeah... the guy Rainer replaced." And third and most importantly, DC's muckety-mucks felt they needed to throw a sop to the Rainer fans who were going ballistic over them replacing Rainer with Jordan out of the blue.

Them making Rainer the overall XO of the new Corps while Jordan is nothing more than a local sheriff is also a sop to Rainer's fans.

I'd take the Can add and remove Adders off the VPP. By definition' date=' any power in the VPP can have any adder you want. That additional +1 advantage is useless.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up! Will remove it, now I can add more power for the same points!

Guest Suleyman Rashid

I guess I can't nitpick the rep (Since it was already covered) but if you really wanted the greatest guy ever called Green Lantern' date=' well we all know that's Alan. right? :D[/quote']

Personally, I want to see the write-up for Mogo. Or better yet, Sodam Yat.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Personally' date=' I want to see the write-up for Mogo. Or better yet, Sodam Yat.[/quote']

Mogo... oh yeah, that IS cool.

I wanna play a planet now... :(

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Mogo... oh yeah, that IS cool.

I wanna play a planet now... :(

Heh. Yeah.

"Excuse my inexperience, Lantern Stel... but is Lantern Mogo on the planet?"

"No, Recruit... Lantern Mogo is the planet..."

Guest Major Tom

If there's anything that seems to be missing from the writeup of the power

ring's capabilities, it's its ability to create space warps at the wearer's com-

mand when immense distances (we're talking thousands of light-years

or more) need to be traversed in the shortest possible time. I'm not sure,

but that sounds like Extradimensional Movement to me.

Major Tom :cool:

• 1 month later...