+5 CON

Lim: Only when angry -1/2

+10 STR

+5 CON

Lim: Only when very,very angry -3/4

+10 STR

+5 CON

Lim: Only when completely Beserk -1

Then it is up to you and the GM to figure out exactly what each level of anger means (the last could require your Beserk to kick in). You'd probably have to define exactly what things set your character off and to what extent(insults, innocents getting hurt, taking damage, etc.).

As CBikle said Extra Time or a additional limitation that requires you to spend at least one full phase at each level before going to the next might make sense.

Re: "Berserker" character

Another way could be a kind of culimative Activation Rolls. But this is a more mechanical method; the staggered Limitations method may work better in practice.

I did consider a variation involving Accidental Change through Enraged; but you wouldn't want to be around a fully bestial avatar of Byakko when it happened...

Had an early edition character named BERSERKER. He wasn't all that complicated really; His extra stats were tied to failing a Berserk (enraged) roll.

He had 4 such disads, and they were mostly combat related so, for him it wasn't worth much of a bonus. (1/4 I think).

I kinda miss that character. He was a scary villain for a long time, but lack of upkeep on my part caused the hero to catch up to him in ability.

I like the ideas. Still one question I still have to ask. I also want his EBs potency to increase some too. (Thinking about that I might need to amp his END along with STR and CON when he get angry). Anyhow how should I go about that exactly. Should that tie in with the Characteristic rise? Should some sort of Power framework be used in all of this? If so which would best fit?

How 'bout an Aid triggered to go off every round the character is Berserk/Enraged? You could even use Succor with its own END Battery (he crashes when the 'adrenalin' wears off).

Well, there are only two options to increase a power.

The Aid/Succor is pretty nice and simple. However, it can be a pain in the butt to keep track of. All that rolling and converting to CP and then figuring out the increase.

I would partially limit the power. I would go into HeroDesigner and create a list and inside the list put the effects so you can easily tell whats what.

Berserk Lvl 1 - Only when Annoyed (-1/4)

+10 STR - No Figured (-1/2)

+5 CON - No Figured (-1/2)

+2d6 EB

Berserk Lvl 2 - Only when Pissed Off (-1/2)

+2d6 EB

Berserk Lvl 3 - Only when Berserk (-1)

+2d6 EB

When he's fully berserk he is +30 STR, +15 CON and +6d6 EB. You might also want to throw in some END or STUN since he is probably gonna be burning it up pretty quick.

Then just rule that when a PsychLim is triggered he has to make an Berserk (or EGO) roll or become Annoyed. Another "escalation" of a PsychLim and must make a Berserk (or EGO) Roll. Another and he officially becomes Berserk. You could even (for grins) hit him with a Susceptibility to an END drain when Annoyed, Pissed Off and Berserk.

There's a Power construct like this in The Ultimate Brick, "Rage Enhanced Strength" - essentially the Hulk's "madder he gets, stronger he gets" ability. Basically it's a Continuous Aid to Strength, Triggered when the character becomes Enraged.

Darren Watts used this construct for his "official" Hulk writeup in Game Trade Magazine when that periodical was commemorating the Hulk movie. That issue of GT had a feature statting the Hulk in several RPG systems. They even put the feature on their website as a free PDF. Although the PDF is no longer there, one of our board colleagues, John M. Hammer, has generously hosted it on his personal website, here.

If you were to base your writeup on this one, I'd just use Variable Effect for Aid to cover all the Characteristics and Powers that you want to be increased simultaneously. Succor could be used in a similar way, if you prefer that.

On a personal level, I'd use the Aid or Succor version, myself.

Another way to do it, though, is with Multiform. The base character has a Multiform with the enhanced stats, then that form has its own Multiform with a slightly higher tier, etc, with some limitation on the Multiforms as to how ticked off you have to be to activate them.

(Assuming 'nested' Multiforms are legal.)