[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

By the way, I just got through reading about 70% of your two most recent adventures, and I read and enjoyed your origin story where the team is reborn. and I am more convinced than ever that I couldn't add much to your fun. Everyone's got a great handle on the characterization and interactions, and you're all a lot of fun to read. Very pleased with the way things are going thus far and I will be following along as you go.

That having been said, I'm toying with a legacy of the old Soviet mutant Vanguard. Will post, if appropriate, Bill, when I'm done.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question to the Chicken...

Emissary has sort of a grab-bag of powers. He's got the malleable body schtick (from his exposure to the Terragen gas, I assume), and the Cosmic Powers bit (from his Inhuman heritage), and the protective uniform/armor, but he's also got a bunch of mental powers. How do those fit in?

You're right- the power set is not very well-defined. At some point, with experience, he would probably radiation accident to a Cosmic pool. The current state shows that he is capable of running only a few different applications, whereas he has the potential to have almost any power imaginable.

At this time, he has normal metamorph abilities (desolid, invisibility, density increase, shape shift, and various body-morphing powers); non-aggressive telepathic abilities (mind link, receptive telepathy, and mind scanning), energy projection abilities (EB, RKA), and telekinetic abilities (force field, flight, various cape powers). His physical and mental stats fall within the parameters of established Terrigen-enhanced Inhumans currently known, so I don't think those need any extra explaining unless you want to collaborate on them.

The explanation for his Terrigen-induced powerset is advanced biomorphing ability- not only is he able to change his body in ways normal metamorphs can, but he can also manufacture new organs (or modify his existing ones) to manifest powers his normal form could not generate. This may or may not be a suitable explanation for you. It makes sense to me, but I can see how a GM would be wary of it since it could very easily lead to abuse.

And, OOC, if you want to have a reference point for his power set, he started as a powered-down version of the Martian Manhunter, who has a fairly similar power set. It's also the genesis of his weakness to fire and heat SFX. I thought that vulnerability to toxins and poisons might be more appropriate, but this vulnerability would be all but nullified by his envirosuit, so I stuck with fire and heat.

I have had this sitting on my hard drive for some time- the .pdf version of Avengers Coast to Coast from TSR back in the old days for the MSH Advanced set.

While the character write-ups are hopelessly out of date, it has good data on the Charter and Avengers' relationship with the government at that time (about 1987 I think). I'm not sure what is still under copyright, but I imagine I can excerpt from the book to at least post the Charter and Bylaws if you want to (as soon as I figure out how to get it excerpted and posted, that is). Let me know if you want this.

Pfft. I am lost. Except for typing everything longhand' date=' copying it over, I'm not sure how I could post it all.[/quote']

You lazy bum! Get to work!

http://www.avengersassemble.us/charter.html

There's the charter and bylaws

Or, you know, just find it online somewhere and post it. Either way. ;)

http://www.avengersassemble.us/charter.html

There's the charter and bylaws

I think this is hilarious:

"IN WITNESS of this charter, we founding members have hereunto subscribed our names...

Iron Man

Thor

Wasp

Ant-Man

Hulk"

I love that the Hulk signed his name as "Hulk." Does Hulk know how to write? Is that legally binding?

I think this is hilarious:

"IN WITNESS of this charter, we founding members have hereunto subscribed our names...

Iron Man

Thor

Wasp

Ant-Man

Hulk"

I love that the Hulk signed his name as "Hulk." Does Hulk know how to write? Is that legally binding?

"RRRAAAAARRRRRRRR! HULK SIGN!!!'

Actually' date='when the Hulk founded the Avengers,he was more articulate than in later years,save for the Peter David run.[/quote']

I can so picture Hulk and the Abomination sitting about the faculty lounge in tweed jackets, smoking Meerschaums and debating the relative merits of Lord Byron and Samuel Coleridge. "Hulk think Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner best poem ever! Byron little weak man, killed by puny disease! Coleridge best Romantic poet there is! AARGH!"

Actually' date='when the Hulk founded the Avengers,he was more articulate than in later years,save for the Peter David run.[/quote']

That's true. The original concept was a man of science trapped inside the body of a monster- the dual identity thing came shortly thereafter.

Like all things Stan Lee "invented", it took someone else to make it work.

Also, in the Avengers Coast-to-Coast pdf (and presumably the original book), someone wrote out the signatures longhand. Hulk's signature was big block letters, while everyone else wrote in cursive. Even then he was rather direct.

I can so picture Hulk and the Abomination sitting about the faculty lounge in tweed jackets' date=' smoking Meerschaums and debating the relative merits of Lord Byron and Samuel Coleridge. "Hulk think Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner best poem ever! Byron little weak man, killed by puny disease! Coleridge best Romantic poet there is! AARGH!"[/quote']

"Hulk also like metaphysical poets. God three people, Hulk heart battered! You live with Hulk, be his love! Hulk new pleasures prove! RAAAARR!!!"

Man, maybe I should have stayed in academia.

"Hulk also like metaphysical poets. God three people, Hulk heart battered! You live with Hulk, be his love! Hulk new pleasures prove! RAAAARR!!!"

Man, maybe I should have stayed in academia.

"If Hulk on boat with Ancient Mariner, Hulk break puny neck of albatross! Poem end different! Hulk go to Xanada and crush Kubla Khan! Puny Kubla Khan always try hurt Hulk!"

The Leader is probably some philistine who teaches over in the Engineering Department, jealous because Hulk has all the cute girl graduate students.

OK, that's enough of this entertaining thread derailment, from me anyway. ;)

...and the two of them keep falling over' date=' because their tiny wooden chairs keep breaking under them... and the Leader is off in the corner, snickering.[/quote']

Three green skinned guys...

Have you noticed how poorly sexy the green color make those characters ?

In fact most character with green skin are just ugly.

With maybe the exception of Miss Hulk, imho.

Sorry for this girly opinion about look and fashion, it's early in the morning and i'm not well awaken. ^^

Kisses from France.

It's well-known among gamers that green=evil. Look at the examples from which we draw --> The Hulk' date=' the Abomination, the Leader, Orks, Trolls, the Illearth Stone, Doc Sampson's hairstyle, Mountain Dew... the list goes on and on! :winkgrin:[/quote']

But chicks with green hair = teh sexy!

Polaris

Green Flame/Fire

Madame Viper... Yum!

:love:

It's well-known among gamers that green=evil. Look at the examples from which we draw --> The Hulk' date=' the Abomination, the Leader, Orks, Trolls, the Illearth Stone, [b']Doc Sampson's hairstyle[/b], Mountain Dew... the list goes on and on! :winkgrin:

Hold on now....that hairstyle is hawt!

• 1 year later...

Avengers: The Next Generation

Still need reservists, Bunny? I could always pick up your discarded concept for Magni (altered to reflect the current state of the Asgardians). Besides, you obviously don't have enough bricks on the team... ;)

Of course, aside from the challenge of writing up a son of Thor on 600 points, I'd have to figure out how to write the accent. Dropping in 'thee' and 'thy' is easy...but doing it with style is hard.

In the past two weeks, I've had four or five people ask to join the Avengers and/or Thunderbolts games. I am honestly and deeply flattered that people want to play in my game and I'd like to thank them all. That makes turning them down really, really hard. But unfortunately, I've got all the players I can handle right now. If that changes I'll consider new submissions.

I hope folks'll keep reading, and I welcome comments (good or bad) at any time. :)

Bill.

(Hey Log, how's that Alpha Flight idea of yours coming?) :D