[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

What about me? HUh? Did you forget me' date=' bunny? Or are you just too afraid?[/quote']

Yes, I am terribly afraid of you. :straight::lol:

Did you post an HDC file? I saw the background, but I don't want to make a decision without also looking at the stats. :king:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second submission: Colossus, growing brick ex-Micronaut

Personality "archetype": The Professional, more at home on the job or in a crisis than at other times. The anchor or old warhorse that's here to do the job because it needs doing. If the Avengers chairperson were a Lt., Colossus would make a fine Sergeant.

*clears throat*

I saw Pheobe, McCoy. I'll be making my decision (hopefully) on Monday (or Tuesday at the latest). Which of course means -- Last call!

BTW, if any of my current players wants to weigh in, PM me. I value your input (since this is not my game but our game). ;)

Bill.

(Boy, now I know how Snake felt. This is going to be a tough choice). :help:

OK, these are the submissions I've got under consideration. Did I miss anyone?

Supreme Serpent

Hornet – Son of Hank & Janet Pym

Colossus – Micronaut/Astronaut

Sketchpad

Marvel – Son of Simon Williams and Carol Danvers

Kirby

Von Doom – Son of Victor von Doom

Juggernaut 2 – Son of Juggernaut

McCoy

Phoebe – Daughter of Moondragon

Csyphrett

Vince Astro – Son of Firestar and Justice

Enforcer

Journeyman – Son of Hank Camp (Bulldozer of the Wrecking Crew)

Egyptoid

Black Sun – Quasar legacy

OK, these are the submissions I've got under consideration. Did I miss anyone?

Supreme Serpent

Hornet – Son of Hank & Janet Pym

Colossus – Micronaut/Astronaut

Colossus is an indirect Pym legacy, as Pym Particles played a large (no pun intended) role in his being shunted to the Microverse, and in altering him to a giant upon his return.

OK' date=' these are the submissions I've got under consideration. Did I miss anyone?[/quote']

Wow, that's a lot! :shock: I don't envy the task you have before you. :no: And this is just for one opening? :yes: Wowsers.

I have carrots. ;)

all you grody power-mongers step back for the real role-players' date=' [b']m'kay?[/b]

Oh cool! Black Sun's like that teacher on South Park? Does Black Sun talk to a "Mr. Staff"? :P

"Villany is bad, m'kay? Trying to upset the balance between Law and Order is bad, m'kay? Mr. Staff and I are guardians of the power cosmic, so you can all just go to hell! You go to hell and die! Now get lost before I have Mr. Staff go all 'Inbetweener' your pasty buttocks!"

Wow. This was a really tough choice. There were a lot of strong characters. I know exactly how Snake Gandhi felt in chosing the original team. :angst: But, in the end we only had room for one, so I had to make a decision.

Supreme Serpent's Hornet is the newest member of Avengers Next.

Those of you who submitted characters and asked to be put on reserve status, thank you very much. If an opening comes up I'll contact you and see who still wants to play. Please feel free to lurk on the game and let me know how I'm doing. Snake created a really cool game; I only hope I can fit in his shoes.

Bill.

(OK, I admit it. It was the portable bunny-girls bribe that did it. I'm so weak!) ;)

Those of you who submitted characters and asked to be put on reserve status' date=' thank you very much. If an opening comes up I'll contact you and see who still wants to play. [/quote']

Please put Phoebe on the Reserve list.

Hurrah! :celebrate Glad to be in second time 'round. Sorry there was room for only one, there's plenty of the reservists I'm sure I'd enjoy playing with as well. Who knows, may happen - plenty of future issues stretch out before us...

Avengers Assemble!

(I'll get working on that special project right away...and thanks to any who may have whispered my case into those bunny ears...;))

What kind of utilities are involved in running a PBEM? HeroCentral looks easy enough, but I have seen map generators that help to post and track the battle sequences. Where would I find such things?

I'm asking because a West Coast team could be cool.

What kind of utilities are involved in running a PBEM? HeroCentral looks easy enough' date=' but I have seen map generators that help to post and track the battle sequences. Where would I find such things?[/quote']

Time and commitment. It's tough, especially when starting up. I think there's a map generator mentioned on the General Messages on HeroCentral under "Site/How to Questions". If you have an account over there, you can also just ask on that thread and someone will respond to you anywhere from minutes to a day.

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3JourneymanVal Char Cost Roll Notes75 STR 40 24- Lift 819.2tons; 15d6 [6]21 DEX 33 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 735 CON 50 16-20 BODY 20 13-18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 425 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d614 COM 2 12-30/40 PD 15 Total: 30/40 PD (10/20 rPD)25/35 ED 18 Total: 25/35 ED (10/20 rED)5 SPD 19 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 1222 REC 070 END 083 STUN 7 Total Characteristic Cost: 240Movement: Running: 18"/72" Leaping: 25"/50" Swimming: 5"/10"Cost Powers END75 The Enchanted Tool Belt: Variable Power Pool (Mystic Gadget), 60 base + 15 control cost, (90 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed At Journeyman's Workshop (-1/2); all slots OIF (-1/2) Asgardian Physical Abilities13 1) Asgardian Toughness: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: 800 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)4 2) Massive: Knockback Resistance -2"10 3) Mystic Resiliance: Power Defense (10 points)15 4) Tough Guy: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%15 5) Tough Guy: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%10 6) Toughness: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED) The Black Mask, all slots OIF Durable (-1/2)3 1) I Can See For Miles And Miles: MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) for Sight (6 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF Durable (-1/2) 110 2) Inpenetrable Vision Protection: Sight Group Flash Defense (15 points) (15 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2)10 3) Protected Mind: Mental Defense (17 points total) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)3 4) Thermalvision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2)3 5) UV Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2)6 6) Vision of the Hawk: +6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (9 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2) The Usual10 1) Boots of Speed : Leaping +10" (25" forward, 12 1/2" upward) (Accurate) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 115 2) Boots of Speed: Running +9" (18" total), x4 Noncombat (23 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 221 3) Bracers of Shiva's Might: +25 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (31 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 136 4) Mithril Shirt: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (45 Active Points); IIF (Worn under his uniform; -1/4)Perks7 Contribution for Quinjet and Avengers Mansion6 Are you an Avenger? : Reputation: One of Earth's Mightiest Heroes (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d63 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers10 Forge of Valor: Private Workshop/SafehouseSkills10 +2 with Hand To Hand3 Alchemy 13-3 Breakfall 13-3 Climbing 13-3 Demolitions 13-3 Hoist 13-3 Interrogation 14-3 PS: Blacksmith 12-3 Paramedics 13-3 Riding 13-3 Scholar2 1) KS: Alchemy (3 Active Points) 13-2 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 12-4 3) KS: Artifacts & Relics (5 Active Points) 15-1 4) KS: Avengers Villains and Menaces (2 Active Points) 11-1 5) KS: Dragons (2 Active Points) 11-1 6) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-3 Streetwise 14-4 Survival (Desert, Urban) 13-3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Avengers Quinjet3 Systems Operation 13-3 Tactics 13-3 Teamwork 13-2 Weapon Familiarity: Common Melee Weapons3 Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 13-Total Powers & Skill Cost: 360Total Cost: 600450+ Disadvantages5 Dependent NPC: Alison Camp (Mother) 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)10 Hunted: Avengers 8- (Occasionally) (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)15 Hunted: Some Treasure Hunter 11- (Frequently) (As Pow, Harshly Punish)15 Hunted: The "New Wrecking Crew" 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)5 Physical Limitation: Heavy (x2 Weight) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)15 Psychological Limitation: Facinated by Magic Common, Strong10 Psychological Limitation: Intimidated by established Avengers (Common, Moderate)10 Psychological Limitation: Yearns to redeem his father's name (Common, Moderate)10 Reputation : Son of Supervillain, Frequently (11-)10 Rivalry: Professional (Reformed children of Marvel mastervillains; Rival is As Powerful; Rival is a Player Character; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)15 Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Asgardian Magic UncommonTotal Disadvantage Points: 600Background/History: And for a moment, all Brian's confidence and bravado dissipated and he turned away from the door in front of him. Of course, as he began to leave he heard his father's voice; "I was a bum. You, you can make something of yourself. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, kid. You make me proud."Brian Camp turned back to the door. He knocked. A monitor to his right blinked to life. A slightly mechanized, but polite voice answered."Welcome to the Avengers Mansion. Please state your name and your busines.""My name is Brian Camp, you can call me Journeyman. I want to join the Avengers."There was a pause."The Avengers are not currently looking for members, Mr. Camp, however thank you for your inquiry.""I'm not leaving.""Mr. Camp, please, I'd rather not have to activate the security drones.""You'll be wasting money if you do. I've seen them and I can honestly tell you I'd destroy them."Another pause."You are not related to Henry Camp are you?" The voice inquired."He was my father."The door slowly opened."Please go to the office on the left. You're interview will be there.""Thank you."*****Brian Camp, aka Journeyman is the only son of Henry "Hank" Camp, aka Bulldozer of the Wrecking Crew. Bulldozer retired after a long and unsuccessful criminal career with precious little to show for it. Sure, the Crew had a decent reputation with the underworld, and the superhuman vitality and health had allowed him to be active for decades. But in the end he was a twelve time loser, had no friends or family and barely above the poverty line. That was when Alison walked into his life. She wasn't no Spiderwoman or Black Widow, but she was sweet, and she really liked that Hank was such a big, strong guy. While he wasn't a nuclear physicist like Thunderball, Hank was no dummy. He and Alison married and Brian was born two years later. Alison had been a big fan of Thor growing up, and even though they'd tried to kill eachother on more than one occasion, she saw Hank's past as a link to her hero. Her interest in asgardian magic was a little disconcerting, but Hank didn't care, he had finally found what was missing in his life. Sure the Wrecker was pissed off when he tried to summon the Crew for one last mission after Thor had disappeared, and Hank declined, but they didn't even come to blows over it. The only things that mattered to Hank now was Alison and Brian.Alison taught Brian all about the Avengers, Thor, and Asgard. Brian ate it all up. He didn't show any signs of his father's physical enhancement growing up, and this pleased Hank to no end.Hank Camp died in his sleep one night. His son awoke in the night and raced into his parent's room and couldn't rouse him. It was then that Brian realized he'd spontaneously inherited his father's strength and durability.Upon finishing highschool, Brian left to explore the world; he sought news of Asgardian or other magic. He'd successfully found the odd trinket, clue, or book. A few years later he ended his "Alternative Education" and sought to put his abilities and toys to good use by joining the organization his father had respected even when he fought them. The Avengers.Bulldozer has fought many of Marvel's superheroes over the years, including The Avengers, The Defenders, and most often, The Mighty Thor himself. Unlike Thunderball, Bulldozer has remained steadfast in his loyalty to The Wrecker and has only been seperated from The Wrecking Crew through various incarcerations in prison.Personality/Motivation: Redemption for his father's name and deeds.Quote: Powers: Thanks to his patronage, Journeyman is superhumanly strong. Unaugmented by his Bracers, he can lift "Press" about 10 tons. With the Bracers he is approximately 50 times Stronger. (75 STR)

He is also is as tough and hardy as an Asgardian that engages in regular exercise.

In addition to his physical might, Journeyman is very knoweledgeable about magic in general; and artifacts/Relics/Alchemy in particular. He has an arsenal of widgets, wards, wands, objects, and weapons at his disposal and has the ability to create his own. He uses these to fight crime. (A construction and rebuilding theme to counter his father's destrcution theme).Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: Brick Gadgeteer.Appearance: Tall and deceptively heavy. Built like Thor or Hercules. Brown hair, blue eyes. He wears a gray bodysuit with dark blue boots, silver bracers, a leather jacket with a stylized hammer on the back, and a "mystical toolbelt" that holds his arsenal.

Journeyman's boots are dark blue with silver wings etched at the ankles, the boots glow with a silver light when in use. His bracers are silver with gold inlay's depicting the God Shiva. His mask seems to be polished obsidian, laid over soft leather. it is completely opaque.

Will the new GM need character sheets for Dominic Lord and for "The Girl with the Briefcase"? I don't know if I should be the one to stat out my own nemesis/love interest (as I'm not sure just what Dominic's true intentions are, and since he's an NOPC it's out of my hands now....)

Eye hat typos.

But keyes_bill is probably right, and it would be disappointing in the extreme to see Dominic lord put on a power suit to challenge Iron Girl as opposed to finding something else to do in his efforts to win Stark International (and the hand of Toni Stark, though whether he views her as a trophy or actually cares for her I may not know for quite some time).