Character Help (Luck based character)

loki

Hey guys I am looking to make a luck based character and could use some help/input. I have the basics covered I think.

The idea is that his stats will be pretty normal just you’re average Joe, but real… real… REAL lucky.

Here are the ideas that I have come up with, let me know if I have missed some (and I am sure I have)

Also if this is a thread that has been covered somewhere else please let me know, I did a couple of searches but didn’t come up with much.

Ok off we go:

1) Levels with DCV/OCV my Dex is low… but somehow I hit.

2) Find weakness with a particular attack

3) Dex drain area effect selective (just an idea)

4) KA only vs. machinery only to dismantle (things he wants to break, always seem to have problems)

5) I also read in the UNTIL source book about the indirect EB that was to simulate things falling on the opposition, that was kinda cool.

I figure he will be real hard to hit, but kind of soft when he does get hit.

I am having a little trouble with the “main attack†not that I have to even have one, I could be Mr. Nuisance and just cause problems for the opposition on the battle field.

Any advice/help out there?

Okay, I'll g with the obvious.

USPD has a whole section on luck themed superpowers.

The one that sticks in my mind is

8d6 eb, fully indirect, causes minor damage to local property

A corner of a building just happens to collapse on your opponent. A car slips out of gear and rolls to strike your opponent. Etc.

I made a character like this once. He had bonuses to PER, just happened to notice things or just happened to be looking in the right direction. He had damage reduction defined as attacks not hitting him square. He had extra levels in dcv attacks just seemed to miss him.Extra skill levels and extra dice with attacks, just happened to hit his opponent just right. Find weakness with a high roll, just happens to notice an opponents weakspot. This combined with the previous power is very dangerous.

Watch out if this character's luck ever goes bad. death and destruction for the character.:eek:

The power of Cheese

Okay, this may be going a little too far and you may have to get "GM's approval" but what about desolidification? Use it for the defensive powers and you have a guy walking out of a collapsing building brushing dust off of his sleeve:D Maybe make "Luck Based powers" affect him. Again, this would be VERY powerfull but it would be fun. Perhaps have it set up to cost tons of endurance so you could only use it in extreme circumstances ("Die at the hands of Dr. Destroyer! fzzzt. Wha- I just charged this suit!") or something that would not allow you to use it all the time. I would tend to avoid an activation roll unless you, yourself, is really lucky as the character will probably go splat when you blow this roll.

A fan of John Corbett

Do you want Ridiculous LUCK?

Variable Power Pool ( 60 pts +)

Limitation [ must simulate LUCK ]

Example:

Jumping off a 10 story building ,only to land into a

truck carrying mattresses, without a scratch. [LUCK 3+]

[Characteristics] 60 PD

I've tried this but it was a little too powerful for me...Multi (30) vari special effects,only to make an attack critical (cannot do more than base attacks maximum)activation (11) slot one) HA +6d6 slot 2)E-attack +6d6 slot 3) HKA +2d6 slot 4) RKA+2d6......basicly I rolled the "boost damage with differant colored dice...so an 6d6 punch does a max of 12 body and 36 stun just ignore the excess rolled....

I'd say add Wealth and Danger Sense.

See if you can find episodes of the Fox TV show "Strange Luck". That character had Wealth (need $100? Go into the convenience store and buy a lottery scratch off. Voila!).

My favorite was the Danger Sense. I'll leave a bit of spoiler space.....

At the beginning of the episode, the guy found a glass eye in a can of beans. He stuck it in his shirt pocket and forgot about it. Much later in the episode, almost at the end, he was bent over looking at something and the glass eye fell out. He crawled after it as it rolled along the floor..... under an easy chair..... where there was a bomb....ticking 00:10...00:09...00:08...

He and his brother got out of the house just ahead of the explosion.