Help With A Character

rjcurrie

I am currently working on a character whose main abilities center around manipulating the senses of others (images, invisibility, shape shift, etc.). What I need are some more ideas for powers that might fit with this. I am particulary interested in attacks -- or at least some kind of SFX rationialization for an energy blast or other standard attack.

Re: Help With A Character

Naturally we have the classic illusions/images that do damage.

Could be a nice drain to DEX or EGO if you think that all sorts of things are happening around you during a fight that actually aren't. A sort of distraction factor (Killing CV or demoralizing our hero/villain).

I've toyed with, but never tried, a character with illusionary powers and a teleport that's linked to a teleport usable against others. You'd have a hard time knowing who to shoot with the guy sometimes swapping places with people and other times just looking like he did.

Hmm. I've come up with 3 damaging attacks for the character:

Total Sensory Overload:
(Total: 100 Active Cost, 83 Real Cost) Sight, Mental, Radio, Smell/Taste, Touch and Hearing Groups Flash 5d6 (Real Cost: 50)
plus
Energy Blast 5d6, No Normal Defense (Any Kind of Flash Defense; +1) (50 Active Points); Linked (Flash; -1/2) (Real Cost: 33)

So Real It Hurts:
Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (100 Active Points)

Where Did That Piano Come From?:
Energy Blast 7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (96 Active Points)

Any suggestions for a better defense for the NND part of Total Sensory Overload? Or maybe it should be an EGO Attack rather than an NND?

Should the last two powers have some kind of Limitation that reflects the target possibly seeing through the illusion?

Any other comments?

A Transparent Entangle with sfx the character's kinisthetic sense and sense of balance have been distorted or disrupted so throughly all they can is lay there helplessly.

Mind Control One command: "Stand there blissed out" Overstimulating the pleaure centers. Could have a small Transform linked to the attack that gives the target an addition the experience in a "realistic" campaign.

Con Drain: Induced Nausea

This looks like it will be the final version of the character's sense-tricking multipower:

Sense Tricking Powers:
Multipower, 91-point reserve

I'm Not What You Think I Am:
Shape Shift (Sight, Touch, Hearing, Smell/Taste, Radio and Mental Groups, any shape), Imitation, Makeover, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

I'm Not Here:
Invisibility to Sight, Radio, Smell/Taste, Hearing, Touch and Mental Groups , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (82 Active Points)

Fooling the Senses:
Sight, Radio, Smell/Taste, Touch, Hearing and Mental Groups Images Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), +/-3 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (88 Active Points)

Fooling the Mind:
Mental Illusions 14 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (91 Active Points)

Break the Illusion:
Dispel 20d6, any Illusionary power one at a time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (90 Active Points)

Confuse the Battlefield:
Negative Combat Skill Levels (-2 to opponents' OCV, DCV, and ECV), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4) (90 Active Points)

Total Sensory Overload:
(Total: 90 Active Cost, 77 Real Cost) Sight, Radio, Smell/Taste, Touch, Hearing and Mental Groups Flash 5d6 (Real Cost: 50)
plus
Ego Attack 4d6 (40 Active Points); Linked (Flash; -1/2) (Real Cost: 27)

So Real It Hurts:
Energy Blast 9d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

Where Did That Piano Come From?:
Energy Blast 6 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (91 Active Points)

What do people think? Do these powers work? Anything you'd do differently?