Metric Measurments

Glupii

OK, so Tancred and I were just discussing how much great information is on this board. He used the term Metric Boatload and I, having never before heard this term, asked him how much that equated to. He said it is a measument that relates to a metric Butt Load but neither of us was sure of the exact relation. So here is my question.

How many Metric Butt Loads are in a Metric Boat Load? And how many licks does ti take to get to the center of a Metric Tootsie Roll Lolipop?

Re: Metric Measurments

How many Metric Butt Loads are in a Metric Boat Load? And how many licks does ti take to get to the center of a Metric Tootsie Roll Lolipop?

The metric system works on base 10, so there are 100 metric buttloads in a metric boatload (or one centibuttload). Since one metric buttload is roughly equivalent to 9.9 of the old imperial buttloads, a metric boatload is 970.2 of the old imperial buttloads (if the math seems strange, remember that buttloads are a measure of volume). Clear?

From that, the answer to the second question should be obvious. :D

cheers, Mark

The metric system works on base 10, so there are 100 metric buttloads in a metric boatload (or one centibuttload). Since one metric buttload is roughly equivalent to 9.9 of the old imperial buttloads, a metric boatload is 970.2 of the old imperial buttloads (if the math seems strange, remember that buttloads are a measure of volume). Clear?

From that, the answer to the second question should be obvious. :D

cheers, Mark

Nicely done :thumbup:

Edit: Crap. Outta rep, too.

OK I know that the imperial yard was the length of the King's arm but whose butt was used to determine the imperial Butt Load? And is it not true that time has to factor into the equation somewhere? I am pretty sure Butt Loads contain more volume in direct proportion to the amount of time that passes.

OK I know that the imperial yard was the length of the King's arm but whose butt was used to determine the imperial Butt Load?

Henry VIII. Baby had back.

And is it not true that time has to factor into the equation somewhere? I am pretty sure Butt Loads contain more volume in direct proportion to the amount of time that passes.

No, but has Henry got older the butt got larger.

OK I know that the imperial yard was the length of the King's arm but whose butt was used to determine the imperial Butt Load? And is it not true that time has to factor into the equation somewhere? I am pretty sure Butt Loads contain more volume in direct proportion to the amount of time that passes.

The Queen's, of course. Mmm. :drink:

Sorry. Little male crassness there. And this isn't even the NGD.

No' date=' but has Henry got older the butt got larger.[/quote']

That is why I put forth the hypothesis that Time is a relevent factor for any measurment of a Buttload. Now if it is X number of pre-TSS (Tucas Spread Syndrome) Buttloads in a Boatload, then the same measurement would be something like X*.75 Post TSS Buttloads to a Boatload. And of course if enough time is factored in then we get to the OMG sized Buttload, it would require far fewer OMG Buttloads to make up the standard imperial Boatload. And that would throw off all conversions to the Metric versions.

The Queen's, of course. Mmm. :drink:

Sorry. Little male crassness there. And this isn't even the NGD.

Hey, think of it as getting even. People talk about big pirate's chests all the time. I think mentioning big queen butts is only fair. :ugly: