Super vehicles

Guest bblackmoor

Guest bblackmoor

I am looking for write-ups and images of supervehicles. It's about time WestGuard got some kind of official flying vehicle. (Besides which, we're running out of HumVees.)

Anyone have anything they want to suggest to carry a high-tech, well-funded superhero group around town in style?

Re: Super vehicles

I am looking for write-ups and images of supervehicles. It's about time WestGuard got some kind of official flying vehicle. (Besides which, we're running out of HumVees.)

Anyone have anything they want to suggest to carry a high-tech, well-funded superhero group around town in style?

Moller Skycar scaled up to hold the team.

I was playing around with this recently as a vehicle for a Super Team:

VRIL-YA EXPLORER

Val Char Cost Notes

10 Size 50 Length 10.08", Width 5.04", Area 50.8" Mass 102.4 ton KB -10

60 STR 0 Lift 102.4tons; 12d6

14 DEX 12 OCV 5 DCV -1

20 BODY 0

6 DEF 12

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 66

Movement: Leaping: 0"

Flight: 10" / 320"

Cost Powers END

Propulsion Systems

40 Vril Engine: Multipower, 40-point reserve

4u 1) Atmospheric Flight: Flight 10", x32 Noncombat (40 Active Points) 0

2u 2) Astral Drive: Faster-Than-Light Travel (4 Light Years/hour) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, Only to Activate Constant or Persistent Power, -3/4) 0

Tactical Systems

40 Vril Weapons' Systems: Multipower, 90-point reserve, (90 Active Points); all slots OIF Bulky (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4)

4u 1) Vril Energy Spheres: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, 4 clips of 32 Charges (Increased Reloading Time; +0), Increased Maximum Range (2,000"; +1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (85 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) [32]

4u 2) Vril Energy Lance: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, 4 clips of 32 Charges (Increased Reloading Time; +0), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), MegaRange (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (90 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) [32]

28 Vril Shield: Force Wall (8 PD/12 ED; 10" long and 1" tall), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (119 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2), OIF (shield generators) Bulky (-1), Self Only (-1/2), Restricted Shape (-1/4) 0

10 Vril Shield: 3 more Vril Shields (10 Active Points) 0

Operations Systems

70 Sensor And Communication Systems: Variable Power Pool, 60 base + 10 control cost, (90 Active Points); all slots Only For Sensors And Communications (-1), OIF Bulky (-1)

Computer Systems, all slots OIF Bulky (-1)

4 1) Navigation Computer: +4 to Navigation Roll (8 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 0

1 2) Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

1 3) Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

1 4) Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

2 5) Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

1 6) Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

20 Internal Monitors (Medium Ships): Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), Multiple Perception Points (x8), Multiple Perception Points (x8), Perception Point Cannot Move Through Solid Objects (+0) (60 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2) 6

Personnel Systems

18 1) Life Support: Life Support (Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) 0

3 2) Food Supplies: Life Support (Eating Character does not eat), 1 Continuing Charge Lasting 1 Year (+0) 0

30 3) Artificial Gravity: Telekinesis (20 STR), Selective (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 0

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 283

Total Cost: 349

Background: The Vril-Ya Explorer class ship was used extensively by the Vril-Ya in trade and research missions. Not a combat worthy ship, it was able to cross vast distances with near-unrivaled speed and comfortably support a small crew for months at a time without re-supplying. Basic weapon and shielding systems sufficed to discourage casual pirates and the occasional primitive assault, as well as assisting in certain simple mining operations. Like all Vril-Ya vessels, the Explorer makes use of mysterious self-replenishing Vril energy. Technologies relying on more common energy sources must be powered apart from the ship’s primary systems.

Appearance: The Vril-Ya Explorer bear a distinctive “cigar†shape, just under seventy feet long and just under 35 feet wide at the center. Like most Vril-Ya craft, the exterior is very nearly featureless, save for simple recessed weapon and equipment mounts and propulsion vents.

Sheet by Robert Dorf, inspired by the Space Yacht by Hero Games.

One of these days I have to make my "wacky super vehicles picture page!" which will get done right after the half a dozen other things I'm putting off finishing. I should do it though, even if it is fast and dirty as I have a metric truckload of pics.

One of these days I have to make my "wacky super vehicles picture page!" which will get done right after the half a dozen other things I'm putting off finishing. I should do it though' date=' even if it is fast and dirty as I have a metric truckload of pics.[/quote']

I need to add more super vehicles to my Pictures That Could Be Superheroes page.

Guest bblackmoor

A sample team transport can be found in the Champions Genre book. Or were you looking for less stats' date=' more back story and description?[/quote']

The main thing I am looking for are cool images. After that, any nifty or particularly creative Champions write-ups.

Guest bblackmoor

True' date=' but most of the other links on those threads still work.[/quote']

That is not what I found when I read them.

Here is a thread on the Addax-S, a neat looking New Zealand design that never got off the drawing board:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13654

And here are a couple of images:

I remember a little about that, it was an interesting idea, but there was no real money to develop it, iirc.

Mr. Rutan designed an interesting little "mudgfighter" CAS aircraft in the same time period, I think. IIRC it had a single engine, and a 25mm Equalizer cannon.

I remember a little about that, it was an interesting idea, but there was no real money to develop it, iirc.

Mr. Rutan designed an interesting little "mudgfighter" CAS aircraft in the same time period, I think. IIRC it had a single engine, and a 25mm Equalizer cannon.

The Ares. Hot little number. Some pics here: http://www.geocities.com/asymmetrics/ares.htm

Guest bblackmoor

Okay' date=' I'll just pull out the best of the working ones :)[/quote']

I did see those, but the bulk of them are just WW2 planes (real or imagined), and not at all what I am looking for. Even so, that's a lot of effort for you to go to on my behalf. Thanks. :thumbup:

Proditor's resurrected page is what got me pointed in the direction of the Adaxx-S.

That kiwi craft is a cool plane ain't it? I ended up using the parasite plane (modern day section, the 4 pics after the Aurora, which is just after the big Lenticular Reentry Vehicle Diagram) for the team plane in one of my recentish games (Justice Inc, minis on my main page).

I dug the idea of a Mach 5+ uber jet with something the size of a quinjet that could detach to land V/TOL style, or would just be used for local hops.