Starwolf

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your Favorite Fantasy Weapon?

I finaly found a fantasy weapon I want,

Lula the sword form Dave the Babarian... I so love her sarcasm :D

oh and I wonder why has nobody mentioned the famous artifact with a lot of pop-culture reference

The Lance of Longinus, after all, if they are right about this piece you can't loose if you possess this thing. (Ok, somewhere else, I don't remember where I have read that it also brings some kind of bad luck with it)

That's the one I was talking about when I started this thread.

Another good one was the Sword of Turin from "The Beastmaster".

You were. Sorry, I didn't look far back enough into the thread. I'm surprised anyone else remembered that movie. Along with Hawk the Slayer and The Beastmaster, it holds a special place in the history of cheese cinema.

You were. Sorry' date=' I didn't look far back enough into the thread. I'm surprised anyone else remebered that movie. Along with Hawk the Slayer and The Beastmaster, it holds a special place in the history of cheese cinema.[/quote']

Don't forget Ator, with the giant spider (with visible strings). All I can say is ugh (and that I didn't pay for the ticket).

Possibly an irresistable urge to stab messiahs whenever you come across them?

:)

:D If I remeber it most of the people who ended up having the lance in their possesion ended up dead, most often as a martyr.

Longinus himself was cured of blindness, became christian and then suffered by the hands of some cruel king or landlord, this guy after killing Longinus also became christian and as far as I remember suffered a similar fate.

(the only problem I have with this story is the fact that in this case Longinus was a blind legionear that stabed jesus in the side. Well, so the roman army had some blind people in their ranks, mhm... :rolleyes: Ok, this could always be a metaphor so, whatever.)

I can't remember where I read these informations so I can't say it is the true story of the lance (as far as you can speak about the truth in the case of myths)

It may not be my absolute favorite, but Yukito Kishiro's manga Aqua Knight introduces . . .

Originally posted by Tagmec, Knight of Parca

Muertogara--the iron claw of the dead.

. . .

The sword of Parca will cut any metal forged in the world of the living. And if you drive that blade into the ground and call my name . . . a gate to Parca shall open and I will bring my army of the dead to your aid. However, the gate can be opened but once every hundred days.

The weapon appears as a shortsword made of a single piece of metal. The blade is very thick (about an inch!) and quite wide, polished to a bright finish. The crossguard and grip seem black and corroded, with the crossguard looking vaguely like the silhouette of a skull with bony fingers protruding sideways, with the grip continuing the skeletal motif.

The sword has the ability to change shape, although this only happens once in the story, and it maintains the general "look", remaining quite recognizable as the same weapon.

It does indeed have the ability to cut through any mortal metal, and at one point when dropped, embeds itself point-first six or more inches into a stone floor.

Zeropoint

Don't forget Ator' date=' with the giant spider (with visible strings). All I can say is ugh (and that I didn't pay for the ticket).[/quote']

So for cheese we have:

Ator

Hawk the Slayer

The Beastmaster

The Barbarian Brothers

Legend (with Tom Cruiseâ„¢!!)

Did I miss any?

Oh, and has anyone mentioned the indestructible sword Green Destiny yet?

It does indeed have the ability to cut through any mortal metal, and at one point when dropped, embeds itself point-first six or more inches into a stone floor.

Zeropoint

Sounds something like Carrot's sword from Men at Arms. Now there's a weapon worth having!

Oh, and Muertogara doesn't seem to weigh nearly as much as it ought to based on its volume.

Actually, that seems to be a common property of fantasy weapons. Cloud's Buster Sword, for instance, would be too heavy to swing around even if it were foamed aluminum.

Oh, and Muertogara doesn't seem to weigh nearly as much as it ought to based on its volume.

Actually, that seems to be a common property of fantasy weapons. Cloud's Buster Sword, for instance, would be too heavy to swing around even if it were foamed aluminum.

Oh that's easy - magic weapons don't take the STR min limitation. Thus they can be outrageously huge - and also much more dangerous than conventional weapons, since you get to add all the STR you have.

Cheers, Mark

I got the idea for this thread from the thread on favorite Sci-Fi weapons started by Alhazred.

So what is your favorite fantasy weapon?

I'll start by throwing out the Tri-Sword used by Talon in "The Sword and the Sorceror".

It was a 3 bladed hand and a half sword that could cut through most anything, and the wielder could fire the two outer blades with enough force to skewer an armored man and pin him to a stone wall. It also held a hidden dagger in the pommel of the sword.

Among my favorites: Death's sword in Terry Pratchet's Diskworld series.

In a previous game, I allowed PCs to have at one time or another, one Oblivion grenade (when it goes off: a 300 foot diameter hemisphere disappears), and a knife forged by a weaponsmith god, which could cut through anything, but still did an ordinary amount of damage to NPCs.

btw: there is a scene in the "Sword and the Sorcerer" in which a galvanized steel highway guardrail is visible behind Talon's horse.

Ice' date=' which eventually became Oathkeeper, its twin Widow's Wail, Jon's sword Longclaw, Stannis' lightsaber Lightbringer, Needle, and the one wielded by one of the Ironborn kings in AFFC whose name I can't remember.[/quote']

Sam Tarly's dad owns Heartsbane. Beyond that, I can't remember any of the other named weapons in Martin's books. Oathkeeper is my favorite and Brienne knows how to handle it. "I should have used the magic sword".

And of course any sword wielded by Jaime is probably the best until he puts it down. ;) (Before the Bloody Mummers incident at least).

A couple from my game

Dagger of the Magi, a fairly common (Ok very common) magic weapon that is 1d6 HKA, may be thrown, having one qualifies as a DF (easily concealed), not that impressive right? Well the sorcerers in the world love them for it's secondary power +2 to spellcasting

Alchemy darts: Imagine a dart with a syringe as it's body, alchemest can fill it with any kind of potion then throw and inject it into an enemy...