5	REC	0
24	END	0
24	STUN	0

6"	RUN	0
2"	SWIM	0
2 1/2"	LEAP	0
Characteristics Cost: 31

Cost	Power
25	Crime Scene Analysis: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing, Touch And Smell/Taste Groups And Detect), +3 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Tracking, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (132 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2), Retrocognition Only (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Deduction Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests, No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/4)

9	Service Revolver: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1 (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), 6 Charges (-3/4)

11	Handcuffs: Entangle 3d6, 6 DEF (standard effect: 3 BODY, 6 DEF), Can be escaped with lockpicking or contortionist roll (+0), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (67 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Set Effect (Hands Only) (-1), Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), No Range (-1/2), Must follow Grab or target must be willing (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 61

Cost	Skill
3	Acrobatics 12-
3	Bureaucratics 11-
3	Climbing 12-
3	Concealment 13-
3	Criminology 13-
11	Deduction 17-
3	Forensic Medicine 13-
3	Paramedics 13-
2	PS: Police Procedure 11-
3	Security Systems 13-
3	Shadowing 13-
3	Stealth 12-
5	Streetwise 12-
3	Tracking 13-
2	WF:  Handguns, Shotguns
Skills Cost: 53

Cost	Perk
20	Follower (Natalie Teeger)
4	Fringe Benefit:  Concealed Weapon Permit (where appropriate), Private Investigator License
3	Access
Perks Cost: 27

Cost	Talent
5	Eidetic Memory
Talents Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 177

Pts.	Disadvantage
20	Psychological Limitation: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:  (Very Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation: Multiple Phobias:  (Very Common, Moderate)
15	Reputation: Annoying to be around: , 14-
0	Rivalry: Other Patients of Dr. Kroger, Rival is Less Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry
15	Dependent NPC:  Julie Teeger 11- (Normal)
5	Unluck: 1d6
30	Vulnerability:  2 x STUN Unsanitary Attacks (Very Common)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Re: mr. MONK gets statted up

My thoughts at first blush:

1. His service revolver and handcuffs can be left off the character sheet; he's a Heroic-level character.

2. He'd have at least a couple of extra inches of Running; he was into track in high school (at least, until he missed a starting pistol while trying to adjust his shoelaces), and has outrun a suspect on at least one occasion.

3. His Phobias would be Strong.

4. His Reputation (as being annoying) wouldn't be that widespread. However, he might (debatably) also have it as a Social Limitation or Distinctive Feature.

5. I think he'd also have a small positive Reputation as a brilliant detective.

My thoughts at first blush:

1. His service revolver and handcuffs can be left off the character sheet; he's a Heroic-level character.

3. His Phobias would be Strong.

I haven't seen a lot of episdoes, but from the ones that I have seen, he is often without the revolver. Operating as a Heroic character with equipment would definitely work better than an Independent focus.

I'd give him 2 Psych Disadvantages: 1 Total, 1 Strong :)

Ahh. Monk. Nobody does germophobic neurosis better...."You, know. Bleach. The Great White God!" :D

I am a great fan of Monk, and while he is a private investigator and used to be a police officer. I have only seen him use a gun once, and that was the Lts, Monk took it out of his ankle holster. And I have never seen Monk use handcuffs. But if you think these items are essential equipment, I would remove them from the main character and add them as equipment (along with his wipes). :)

I am a great fan of Monk' date=' and while he is a private investigator and used to be a police officer. I have only seen him use a gun once, and that was the Lts, Monk took it out of his ankle holster. And I have never seen Monk use handcuffs. But if you think these items are essential equipment, I would remove them from the main character and add them as equipment (along with his wipes). :)[/quote']

How did we forget the Handi-Wipes?

Change Environment: From normal germ-filled environment to sterilized area (etc.....)

I would remove Acrobatics and Climbing from his sheet. I'd also reduce his STR to 10 maybe 8 as he was unable to beat Sharona at arm wrestling early on in the series. He also definetly needs +2 or maybe even a +3 to his PER rolls. I agree that he needs at least another inch, maybe two of running.

And he would correct the mr. to Mr. What? This is about Monk afterall. :D

Actually - that's just my attempt to emulate the various "mr. MONK" titles in the show. Things like "mr. MONK can't see a thing" or "mr. MONK gets drunk" or stuff like that.