Empire Club map.

Spence

There was a map of the Empire club in one of the old Hero books. I know I own it, but I can'tfind it. I am finally beginning a Pulp game and the first session is in two weeks. I have been putting together the fiendish villiany and was planning on the heroes operating out of the EC to save me a major map. But I realize in my panic I can't find it.

Help! :shock::angst:

Re: Empire Club map.

I plan to use that, as well as "Ham-Hand's," a gin-joint from an old Adventurer's Club issue. Pretty much designed to fit the opposite end of the "social watering-hole" spectrum. A "Bruiser's" to the Empire Club's "Butler's."*

*Astro-City references. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT - Got it, it was issue #18, article "HAM-HAND'S - The Black Pearl." A classic from Aaron Allston.

It was in the original Justice' date=' Inc. boxed setway back in the day (The first iteration ofwhat would become Pulp Hero for those not old enough to remember), specifically in the adventures book.[/quote']

Ah Ha! Thanks. I still have a sealed unopened set of JI as well as a "working copy". I just can't find a lot of my Pulp stuff. I have all, yes ALL of the current Hero pulp related stuff, paper and PDF. But I also have things from other companies over the years. Both CoC and the old "Daredevils" had great pulp stuff that wasn't too system tied. I like the DD material because the only gamesystem related items were PC/NPC/equip write-ups in their own text windows. The adventure/source material was written as a narrative and system neutral.

I can't find where my working copy is hiding, so I have ordered another from ebay. Used, but I don't want to break the seal of my collecters copy.

I plan on trying to do a conversion/import to Campaign Cartegrapher so I can print sections to scale and also add more floors to the building as needed. I also need to get off my rear and finish the map of a cargo liner I started. It is about 50% done. It is very loosely based on the Pera class built by P&O circa 1903-05. By loosely I mean loosely. I cannot beleive that I cannot find a single complete source. Period. I can find books that show complete deck plans for every manner of warship (even a trireme) and the really big liners (QM, QE, etc). But try to find a generic cargo liner or tramp circa 1900-1920 and NNOOOOOooooooo! Can't have something useful can we?

I'll just go sulk now...

Thanks all,

I plan to use that' date=' as well as "Ham-Hand's," a gin-joint from an old [i']Adventurer's Club[/i] issue. Pretty much designed to fit the opposite end of the "social watering-hole" spectrum. A "Bruiser's" to the Empire Club's "Butler's."*

*Astro-City references. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT - Got it, it was issue #18, article "HAM-HAND'S - The Black Pearl." A classic from Aaron Allston.

Sadly, AC isn't really an option. I wish I knew where my "pulp" box went.

Here's some cargo ship deck plans and side elevations I got off the web' date=' maybe they'll help. Sorry for the poor quality on some, not much I could do to clean them up.[/quote']

Thanks!

I have some along that line, but nothing complete. The liberty ship deck plan is great. Bigger than my little design, but easy to borrow from. That with from my own time aboard ship, I think I can finish a credible deck plan suitable to an RPG. Not too detailed, but detailed enough.

The mansions are more appealing. The original map in Justice Inc. is a three story rectangle. The contents are nice and fairly imaginative but the structure itself is boring.

Well I am planning on the EC being located in a skyscraper. Hudson City's Empire building. The PC's will all work with/for their Patron who is a wealthy industrialist (ala Howard Hughes) and a "Top Man" with the government. He also "owns" a few floors. They serve as a residence if he should be in the city (rarely), an office for his interests in Hudson City (considerable), apartments for his friends (the PC’s) & visitors, and the secret labs and workshops (also for the PC’s).

It will be a supers-Pulp game. Think of slightly greater than normal (Doc Savages companions) men that have secret super identities (Shadow, Phantom, Captain America, Rocketeer, etc).

The PC's will all be member of or be retained by either the patron or the EC. A fairly easy way to ensure contacts for adventure. I am opening the campaign in 1933-34. Plenty of pulp intrigue and international rivalry in the best (or worst) of early Hollywood stereotypes. “Ve shall make you talk, Herr doctor…..” ;)

Well I am planning on the EC being located in a skyscraper. Hudson City's Empire building. The PC's will all work with/for their Patron who is a wealthy industrialist (ala Howard Hughes) and a "Top Man" with the government. He also "owns" a few floors. They serve as a residence if he should be in the city (rarely), an office for his interests in Hudson City (considerable), apartments for his friends (the PC’s) & visitors, and the secret labs and workshops (also for the PC’s).

It will be a supers-Pulp game. Think of slightly greater than normal (Doc Savages companions) men that have secret super identities (Shadow, Phantom, Captain America, Rocketeer, etc).

The PC's will all be member of or be retained by either the patron or the EC. A fairly easy way to ensure contacts for adventure. I am opening the campaign in 1933-34. Plenty of pulp intrigue and international rivalry in the best (or worst) of early Hollywood stereotypes. “Ve shall make you talk, Herr doctor…..” ;)

That sounds like a lot of fun. But then I'm a sucker for the Pulp Supers combination. My current game's set in Hudson City in 1938 and it's showing the beginning of superheroes. So far we've had a lot of fun with it.

Here's a site I found when I was looking for a tramp freighter awhile back.

http://www.nzmaritime.co.nz/pomare.htm

Hope it helps.

Super! Great page. I had seen something like it a few months ago that someone had posted. But I had lost the URL. The ship is a little smaller than the one I am mapping out, but it is perfect for one of the scenrios I was working up.

Thanks

I don't recall if there was a full write-up in AC' date=' but I do intend to devote a nice juicy chapter to the Empire Club in the forthcoming [i']Pulp Resource Guide.[/i]

Most cool :thumbup:

When is the tenative, not solid, best guess of a maybe release target date :D

It shows up on the 2007 list, but the comment says Mid 2006. I am pretty sure we are past the Mid 2006 time frame, so I am hoping for a late 06 or early 07 date......

The PRG was pushed back from this year. I think it's now slated for more toward mid-2007' date=' but we revise as we go along so that may shift a bit. As a book requiring some research it's more liable to get "bumped" than an easier-to-write book.[/quote']

I could have sworn I had replied already. But I guess not.

Anyroad.. Thanks for the reply. And a PRG is a definite must have for me. A chapter in PRG on the EC would be nice. PH mentions several chapters that include New York and Hudson City. I know it isn't in the cards, but a EC supplement with it's worldwide chapters and resources including a few maps of the more prominent ones would be awesome. I am kicking off a Pulp Campaign this weekend and in my world the Empire Club is the cover for a secret society of world saving heroes ala Doc Savage, the Shadow and so on.

I don't recall if there was a full write-up in AC' date=' but I do intend to devote a nice juicy chapter to the Empire Club in the forthcoming [i']Pulp Resource Guide.[/i]

Will that include some floor plans Steve? If so, how about a purchaseable map of the club at minis scale?