The Seven Deadly Villains

CrosshairCollie

I know, villains based on the Seven Deadly Sins has been done to death, but I was thinking about putting a slight spin on it ... instead of creating a Pride, a Sloth, etc etc, I was wanting to peruse the cerebrums of the HERO boards in picking out extant CU characters who fit the various bills, however primarily those around 350 points. Obviously Dr. Destroyer IS Pride, but that's overkill.

If I remember the list right, we'd need ...

Avarice

Lust

Sloth

Gluttony

Pride

Wrath

Envy

Some (AVARICE) are obviously easier than others ... my initial skim gives me:

Avarice: Anybody with the Greedy Psych Lim, basically.

Lust: Anybody with pheromone powers out there?

Sloth: Dreamwitch and her sleep powers?

Gluttony: I got nothin' ...

Pride: Foxbat ... he always seemed pretty full of himself.

Wrath: The Monster

Envy: I got nothin'.

Re: The Seven Deadly Villains

Avarice:We could be different here. Why have one villan, when GRAB is far more entertaining. Their low-violence approach, willingness to do the work themselves, their lack of vindictiveness combine to push them out of the running for other sins. Neither are they defined by the fact that they all have healthy COMs. And the steal to support their good life. They don't want what person A or B has, so envy's out too.

Lust:As of yet, I've not found someone who defines it well enough.

Sloth:ZigZag. Right there in his write up, he does the bare minimum to get his way. He mocks rather than doing anything productive.

Gluttony:Slun. He lives to indulge himself. Food, especially. His respect for those who can eat as much as he tells a bloated tale.

Pride:Shrinker. She takes offence easily, and will not back down or accept appologies. She puts her self worth above others, with little concern for their existence. She's petty and vengeful. Sounds like Pride to me.

Wrath: Warmonger. Just being a berserk ball of fury isn't enough. She spreads violence and aggression like a plague.

Envy:Leech. He has lost his humanity and his appearance. He attacks "beautiful people" because they have what he does not.

Lust: Adrian Vandaleur. That immortal jerk hits on every good-looking woman he comes across' date=' including his own great-great-great etc. granddaughters.[/quote']

Actually, for Lust, I'd say any mind-controller who despises/abuses their victims could work well. From a Christian POV, the evil of Lust isn't in wanting lots of sex, it's in viewing the other person as being not another human being, but an object to be used regardess of their desires.

Hmm, considering that little background bit we get on Menton in the UNTIL superpowers book, he'd make be great for Lust.

Sloth

Some day I really need to get aorund to statting up The Procrastinator. The basic concept was off the Batman villain Scarecrow*. In this case, the villain had found a way to divert people's attention, so something else was always more important. So he could rob banks and leave the security guards thinking that the civilains' safety was more important, or that the cops outside would catch him or some other excuse. Part of his MO was to set up something that looked threatening near his crime scenes so he could make the heroes forget about him (until he could get away).

* Scarecrow was a psychiatrist who specialized in fear. Ultimately he invented a gas that invoked terror in those exposed - usually allong with hallucinations of their worst repressed fears.