Guns on cards

Steve

Re: Guns on cards

nope, but its a darn good idea for quickly throwing out info. at the table. Overall, though, it ends up being a nightmare (referring to other games) as people lose the cards, etc. Might be neat w/ some stuff, though, and some people like props. Would work best w/ a graphic to help non-gun enthusiasts to visualize. Probably best for custom stuff?

Very very cool. Just a note for folks printing them out: Make sure you set Acrobat's Page scaling to "None", otherwise the pdf doesn't print right. At least it did not for me until I did so. I am using a card cutter machine instead of a set of those pre-scored sheets, but it should have the same basic dimensions. Experiment, experiment, experiment.

Brother Jim... The Serenity boards are at:

http://wavesintheblack.aimoo.com/

I made equipment cards for a Babylon 5 game two years ago, where the players were raiding a derilict ship. I printed the weapons and gear off on regular paper stock, but otherwise it was the same deal. It worked great, since instead of taking twenty minutes to write down stats of equipment, they all chose the cards that they though each person would need or want. This selection included things like med and mechanical kits, flashlights, etc. I had a bit of fun scouring the net for pictures to accurately represent various things... good flashlight, crappy flashlight, etc.

For a one-shot game, I thought it was fine. For long term stuff, losing the cards might become an issue. But it certainly is neat to be able to look at your cards and know what equipment you have available at any given moment. Maybe if the players kept a deck protector or something similar, it'd work out long term.

I did a whole box of 3x5 cards for GURPS years ago, I got tired of having to re-write lists of guns every time a new cool gun came out so I came up with the idea of using 3x5 cards, so I could just drop the new gun in the right place. This was before I had a computer so I had to type up lists of guns on this funny device called a typewriter. :)

I still have them around somewhere, must have done about 1000 of them.

Chah! I've been doing this for at least twelve years for Fantasy Hero. You find a graphic for a cool-looking magic sword (or whatever - I've also done it for magic staffs, cool tomes, bizarre jewelry, and items of special or magical clothing) and print the stats for it on the back. You use your computer so you can have a GM version and a player version (and they don't necessarily have the same info on them, either).

I've considered using it for Pulp as well. I could also see using it for

Star Hero, too. But Dark Champions has loooooots of guns. I'm daunted just thinking of the work involved. Maybe you could make a macro in Word?

The basic concept goes back to the original Morrow Project (perhaps further; I do not personally know).

That game had half-sized sheets with all the information for each gun. You were allowed to "photocopy for personal use only" as many copies as needed.

A very convenient method - - - Hero Games needs something of the sort, IMHO.