Power And Name Help - Holocost's Brick Servent.

steriaca

I was strongly thinking of creating a villious superteam lead by Holocost (Holacost?) with some analogs with Marvel's "Brotherhood". Of course, Holocost SAYS he is pro-mutant, and only creating this team to defend his fellow mutants from harm and persacution...

Well, anyways, this team needs a name. I was thinking "Holocost's Hord", but that dosen't exactly sound right.

The members I have in my mind so far are...

Holocost (leader): We need no introduction to this no-do-well, do we?

Thung: Sometimes calls himself Thung The Wicked or Thung The Lasher, his main power is his powerful toung (and the skill to use it in combat). A slight analog to Toad.

Blastphomie: A man raised religously, untill his mutant powers surfaced, and he was disowned by his parents. Calls himself Blastpomie out of rejection of his former religous belefes. Is able to fly and shoot powerful energy blasts from his mouth. Not an analog to anyone.

(Needs a name): A mutant with the power to increse OR decrese his own mass (but not the mass of others). THIS is the guy I need the power help on. How would you write up his mass decrase power? I am thinking some TK with the limitation "Self Only" (meaning that he can only use it to suport his own weight), and enougth of it to be able to lift 1 ton (the maximum he is able to make himself weigh). A nasty trick I can see him do is decrese his mass enougth for someone like Thung to lift and throw him, then increase his mass mid-way to his target to crush him.

Killjoy: Speedster with a blaid straped to his right arm. Basicly an analog of Quicksilver/Sabertooth.

Feaver: Able to increse or decrease temputer of objects and himself. Basicly Pyro without the fire, and Iceman without the ice.

(Needs a name): An inhuman looking mutant, with tenticals for arms, bird wings on his back, and tallons on his feat.

Re: Power And Name Help - Holocost's Brick Servent.

How about :

The Armageddon Boys

Team Ragnarok

I like Team Ragnarok, myself.. Both are associative with the word Holocaust, so they kinda go well with it..

As far as names go, how about Hybrid for the thingy with the tentacles and the wings? And maby FeatherWeight for the Mass Increaser/decreaser?

And for his mass decreasing - the effect your looking for is to add strength to other people for throwing him - so...

+30 strength, usable only by others, only to throw FeatherWeight, Side effects - +1" kb/ 5 strength added

so 5 STR makes you 1/2 mass, adds +1" kb if you get hit while its on

10 STR makes you 1/4 mass, adds +2 kb

15 STR makes you 1/8 mass, adds +3 kb

20 STR makes you 1/16 mass, adds +4 kb

25 STR makes you 1/32 mass, adds +5 kb

30 STR makes you 1/64 mass, adds +6 kb

Link it to +15" superleap or gliding, and get 3" movement per 5 pts strength you use on your Mass Decrease power..

-CraterMaker

How about :

The Armageddon Boys

Team Ragnarok

I like Team Ragnarok, myself.. Both are associative with the word Holocaust, so they kinda go well with it..

Sounds good. I might go with Armageddon Boys, since I think of theas guys as an 'old boys network' of mutants myself. Remember, Holocaust only SAYS he is for mutant rights...he dosen't acualy HAVE to show it by including girls into his group.

As far as names go, how about Hybrid for the thingy with the tentacles and the wings? And maby FeatherWeight for the Mass Increaser/decreaser?

Both sounds good, as far as names go. Basicly, I just thought up Hybird on the spot while creating this thread (based on crossing the curent image of Caslito with Archangle) because I thought I needed another body in this group (and the fact that Holocaust need not be 'bothered' to go into combat himself...that is what theas guys are for).

And for his mass decreasing - the effect your looking for is to add strength to other people for throwing him - so...

+30 strength, usable only by others, only to throw FeatherWeight, Side effects - +1" kb/ 5 strength added

so 5 STR makes you 1/2 mass, adds +1" kb if you get hit while its on

10 STR makes you 1/4 mass, adds +2 kb

15 STR makes you 1/8 mass, adds +3 kb

20 STR makes you 1/16 mass, adds +4 kb

25 STR makes you 1/32 mass, adds +5 kb

30 STR makes you 1/64 mass, adds +6 kb

Link it to +15" superleap or gliding, and get 3" movement per 5 pts strength you use on your Mass Decrease power..

-CraterMaker

Wow...I never thought of STR, usable on others, only usable on others for FeatherWeight. In a sence, he ocupies the same nitch as The Blob/Jugernaught did with the Brotherhood (basicly being a guy to keep the bricks in the group busy). I'll have to think about that some.

my UK crime boss the White Chaplains main enforcer has a similar power. he's a density mimic his power is to duplicate the density of any object he touches.

he wears a lot of gold and diamond jewelry but also has a ring containing a small chunk of iridium and another containing aerogel( for when he needs to be really light). I called him TON A BRIX.

some other suggestions

BALLAST

DEADWEIGHT

Yeah... I looked at that. Gutting Shrinking to make a new power works, I guess. Comes out to about

Mass Reduction - 5 pts per level

each level gives you

1/2 mass

+1" Superleap

+1" to Knockback Taken (this only increases distance, not damage taken)

+1d6 Mass Increase Damage (similar to Shrinkings Growth Momentum, Mass Increase Damage can be added when you turn off the power and have a sudden increase in Mass)

It's an Invisible power, in that it does not change the characters physical appearance. It cost 1 end for every 10 pts in a superheroic game. You can purchace it without Mass Increase damage for a - 1/4 limitaion.

At a suitably low mass, It is appropriate to buy Gliding - You're basically a big Kite, and Gliding has traditionally been used as a power to simulate walking on the ground without actually affecting it.

Either way, they are practically identical. Hey, when Holocaust is being snide to the Hero's, does that mean he's being Holocaustic? (;

-CraterMaker

Guest Major Tom

Hmmm... except for the fact that the guy with tentacles for arms and talons

for feet has bird instead of bat wings, I'd almost think that you were trying to

create your own version of Chondu the Mystic from Marvel Comics.

Major Tom :sneaky:

Hmmm... except for the fact that the guy with tentacles for arms and talons

for feet has bird instead of bat wings, I'd almost think that you were trying to

create your own version of Chondu the Mystic from Marvel Comics.

Major Tom :sneaky:

Humm...I forgot all about the Headsman member. And I use to call myself proudly a marvel zombie. For shame.

Othoe, If I remember corectly, Chondu could (and did) take other formes (by transplanting his head to a body of other beings...thay tried to do so with a cloned body of She-Hulk once, if I remember corectly).

Yeah... I looked at that. Gutting Shrinking to make a new power works, I guess. Comes out to about

Mass Reduction - 5 pts per level

each level gives you

1/2 mass

+1" Superleap

+1" to Knockback Taken (this only increases distance, not damage taken)

+1d6 Mass Increase Damage (similar to Shrinkings Growth Momentum, Mass Increase Damage can be added when you turn off the power and have a sudden increase in Mass)

It's an Invisible power, in that it does not change the characters physical appearance. It cost 1 end for every 10 pts in a superheroic game. You can purchace it without Mass Increase damage for a - 1/4 limitaion.

At a suitably low mass, It is appropriate to buy Gliding - You're basically a big Kite, and Gliding has traditionally been used as a power to simulate walking on the ground without actually affecting it.

Either way, they are practically identical. Hey, when Holocaust is being snide to the Hero's, does that mean he's being Holocaustic? (;

-CraterMaker

Wow...I ponder if this is what Mr. Long would come up with for HEROgyphes, if he were to give his recomendations? Oh, and I owe you some REP.

I was strongly thinking of creating a villious superteam lead by Holocost (Holacost?) with some analogs with Marvel's "Brotherhood". Of course, Holocost SAYS he is pro-mutant, and only creating this team to defend his fellow mutants from harm and persacution...

Well, anyways, this team needs a name. I was thinking "Holocost's Hord", but that dosen't exactly sound right.

The members I have in my mind so far are...

Holocost (leader): We need no introduction to this no-do-well, do we?

Thung: Sometimes calls himself Thung The Wicked or Thung The Lasher, his main power is his powerful toung (and the skill to use it in combat). A slight analog to Toad.

Blastphomie: A man raised religously, untill his mutant powers surfaced, and he was disowned by his parents. Calls himself Blastpomie out of rejection of his former religous belefes. Is able to fly and shoot powerful energy blasts from his mouth. Not an analog to anyone.

(Needs a name): A mutant with the power to increse OR decrese his own mass (but not the mass of others). THIS is the guy I need the power help on. How would you write up his mass decrase power? I am thinking some TK with the limitation "Self Only" (meaning that he can only use it to suport his own weight), and enougth of it to be able to lift 1 ton (the maximum he is able to make himself weigh). A nasty trick I can see him do is decrese his mass enougth for someone like Thung to lift and throw him, then increase his mass mid-way to his target to crush him.

Killjoy: Speedster with a blaid straped to his right arm. Basicly an analog of Quicksilver/Sabertooth.

Feaver: Able to increse or decrease temputer of objects and himself. Basicly Pyro without the fire, and Iceman without the ice.

(Needs a name): An inhuman looking mutant, with tenticals for arms, bird wings on his back, and tallons on his feat.

The best method I've seen of simulating density decrease is Shrinking, Invisible Power Effects for all the stages between Solid and Desolid. For inspiration, look towards Marvel's Vision. He has identical powers. And for a name, may I recommend something based on his backstory, since I can't think of anything good based on his powers either.

As for Feaver... Do you mean 'Fever'? or is the misspelling intentional?

The best method I've seen of simulating density decrease is Shrinking, Invisible Power Effects for all the stages between Solid and Desolid. For inspiration, look towards Marvel's Vision. He has identical powers. And for a name, may I recommend something based on his backstory, since I can't think of anything good based on his powers either.

As for Feaver... Do you mean 'Fever'? or is the misspelling intentional?

I don't want a Vision homage...Featherweight is able to increse and decrese his mass (basicly, how much he weighs), not his density (his solidity).

As for Fever...thanks for the corection. I must be the worse speller on the board.

I don't want a Vision homage...Featherweight is able to increse and decrese his mass (basicly' date=' how much he weighs), not his density (his solidity).[/quote']

Oh, ok. I grok now. How about +10" Leaping, triggered ( when thrown ) and 1" gliding, only when someone picks you up?

As for Fever...thanks for the corection. I must be the worse speller on the board.

You're welcome. Glad to be at least minorly helpful.

Hey, uhh, since someone else brought it up and now I don't have to feel like a big fat jerk... Holocaust, Tongue (unless Thung was intentional), and Blasphemy (unless "blast" was intentional tossed in there, too). Just tryin' to help out. :)

The Ultimate Metamorph has a writup for an optional Density Alteration power that is a combination of Density Increase and a Density Decrease power (which is a granular verson of Desolidification).

Also, when I think of Holocaust, I think of either genocide or nuclear weapons. Perhaps The brick might name himself along those lines in "honor" of his leader. So something like WMD migth be good....

Get it?

Weapon of MASS Destruction. :P

HA! I KILL ME!

Hey' date=' uhh, since someone else brought it up and now I don't have to feel like a big fat jerk... Holocaust, Tongue (unless Thung was intentional), and Blasphemy (unless "blast" was intentional tossed in there, too). Just tryin' to help out. :)[/quote']

Well, Thung is intentional, but the others were not. Yes, I was realy trying for Blasphemy, and not Blastphemy.

Which got me thinking...do any of you have any ideals for renaming some of the villians to a more "religous end of the world" names? Why have a villian in the Armageton Boys named Featherweight and Feaver when thay could be named something like Ranrock, Genova (the place outside achent Jerusim where all there garbage was burned, and the fires could not be put out), or even Gamora (Sodom, of course, is to much old hat for a villian name)?

I just request that Thung not be given a new name (and not Holocaust eather).

And again, please excuse my spelling.

Maby DeathSpeed for Killjoy? Make him a metal fan.. Can't really think of any religious them names for a spe* Wait a minute - DeathWind works pretty good for an apocalyptic name..

Fever could be Soulfire, The Purifier, Scourge, Hellhole or Hellsoul..Damnation, The Judge..

Abomination for the tentacled thing..Babylon if it's a chick would work..

Judgement might also work for Featherweight, the whole "if your soul is lighter than a feather thing" - tho thats kinda a reach, I dunno..

The Burden might work, or Yoke .. I think I like Yoke.

-CraterMaker