Dark Champions the Anime Series

Susano

Re: Dark Champions the Anime Series

The question is... how close do you want to simulate the source material? In other words, do you want all the blades to hit all the time, or would giving him +8 OCV with said attack be good enough? Also, TUSkill has an Autofire Skill that gives you 1 hit for each point you make your roll by, as opposed to 1 hit for 2 points.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might also simulate this by making the attack boostable. The extra charges used and damage caused means that he tossed more bayonets. I believe that it is still legal to spread such an attack if you want to simulate attacking multiple targets.

You might also simulate this by making the attack boostable. The extra charges used and damage caused means that he tossed more bayonets. I believe that it is still legal to spread such an attack if you want to simulate attacking multiple targets.

I may skip charges. Hirano has said Anderson basically carries an unlimited number of bayonets. I like the idea someone mentioned that Anderson probably carries one blade, then does a fishes and loaves thing with the blade to produce the hordes of bayonets.

In the both the manga and anime we do very clearly see Anderson spread an attack or using some type of area effect.

The question is... how close do you want to simulate the source material? In other words' date=' do you want all the blades to hit all the time, or would giving him +8 OCV with said attack be good enough? Also, TUSkill has an Autofire Skill that gives you 1 hit for each point you make your roll by, as opposed to 1 hit for 2 points.[/quote']The TUSkill idea is useful and might work better. I'd like to simulate the source material as closely as possible.

Thanks all.

I finally had a chance to look over the characters to date. Here are my comments. Sorry this is a little late.

Benny

He obviously is a decent driver since we saw him display that skill, however I don't recall him ever driving the boat I imagine that he could but I don't know how good of a combat driver he would be with it. Of course once you buy Combat Driving it automatically applies to all of you applicable transport familiarieis. You could always say "Used with Small Motorized Ground Vehicles." That is what you did with Dutch's Combat Driving applying only to the Black Lagoon. Did Benny ever drive the boat in the anime? I don't recall.

Dutch

Should Hotshot Pilot be called Hotshot Driver (or helmsman) since piloting only refers to air and space vehicles?

Eda

I have a hard time believing that she has totally severed her connections with the CIA. To me that seems sort of like the type of job you never completely leave behind. I think she is either an active agent under cover to just passively gather information or she is a semi-retired agent who still has some connections with the company. In either of these cases she ought to either have some minor perks and disads that reflect this. Watched by CIA and/or contact with the same. However you have researched this much deeper than I so you probably know more than I do about any connections or lack thereof. PS: Tradecraft is a nice touch.

Hansel & Gretel

Even an 8 STR seems more than their appearance would indicate. 8-10 STR is supposed to be that of a normal adult. But then they are lugging around some impressive artillery so I guess that makes sense. Wow! Was that a BAR they were using? I could have sworn it was a belt fed gun, an M60E3 or something very similar. The BAR M1918A2 cannot use a belt unless someone has done a lot heavy duty custom work on it and even then I'm not sure it could be done, it has a completely different action than a belt-fed gun.

EDIT: I looked at the manga and the gun definitely is a BAR M1918A2. I guess the amount of spent casings shown in the anime threw me. The thing only holds 20 rounds but they had the cinematic endless-ammo model. ;)

Janet Bhai

She was really just a counterfitter and pretty helpless. I might be tempted to give here some Luck since its amazing she managed to get out of Roanpura alive.

I finally had a chance to look over the characters to date. Here are my comments. Sorry this is a little late.

Benny

He obviously is a decent driver since we saw him display that skill, however I don't recall him ever driving the boat I imagine that he could but I don't know how good of a combat driver he would be with it. Of course once you buy Combat Driving it automatically applies to all of you applicable transport familiarieis. You could always say "Used with Small Motorized Ground Vehicles." That is what you did with Dutch's Combat Driving applying only to the Black Lagoon. Did Benny ever drive the boat in the anime? I don't recall.

I have it noted that he drives the boat.

(checks notes)

Episode 6. I think he brings the boat in to pick up Dutch and Revy.

I'll make the note that his Combat Driving is with his car.

Dutch

Should Hotshot Pilot be called Hotshot Driver (or helmsman) since piloting only refers to air and space vehicles?

I'll make it Hotshot Helmsman.

Eda

I have a hard time believing that she has totally severed her connections with the CIA. To me that seems sort of like the type of job you never completely leave behind. I think she is either an active agent under cover to just passively gather information or she is a semi-retired agent who still has some connections with the company. In either of these cases she ought to either have some minor perks and disads that reflect this. Watched by CIA and/or contact with the same. However you have researched this much deeper than I so you probably know more than I do about any connections or lack thereof. PS: Tradecraft is a nice touch.

The problem is, we just don't know. She certainly was/is involved with Washington and the CIA, but is she now? Neither the anime of the manga say. I was debating including this, or making it part of an options package.

As for PS: Tradecraft... that's from the field agent package in Dark Champions. ^_^

Hansel & Gretel

Even an 8 STR seems more than their appearance would indicate. 8-10 STR is supposed to be that of a normal adult. But then they are lugging around some impressive artillery so I guess that makes sense. Wow! Was that a BAR they were using? I could have sworn it was a belt fed gun, an M60E3 or something very similar. The BAR M1918A2 cannot use a belt unless someone has done a lot heavy duty custom work on it and even then I'm not sure it could be done, it has a completely different action than a belt-fed gun.

EDIT: I looked at the manga and the gun definitely is a BAR M1918A2. I guess the amount of spent casings shown in the anime threw me. The thing only holds 20 rounds but they had the cinematic endless-ammo model. ;)

Not only do they lug around some serious weaponry (the axes, the BAR), the drag the one guy into a car and then into their room for a little torture. I could drop the STR to 7 or 6, and then up the "Weapon Muscle."

And yes, it is a BAR (this is shown clearly in the manga and confirmed in Wikipedia). There is an anime shot showing something like 8+ spare magazines. Maybe I should add levels with Fast Draw just to reload? ^_^

Janet Bhai

She was really just a counterfitter and pretty helpless. I might be tempted to give here some Luck since its amazing she managed to get out of Roanpura alive.

Heh... she might just get 1d6 of "Dumb Luck".

(rough draft, input wanted)

GINJI MATSUZAKI

Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes
18	STR	8	13-	Lift 303.1 kg; 3 1/2d6 HTH Damage [4]
23	DEX	48	14-	OCV:  8/DCV:  8
20	CON	20	13-
13	BODY	6	12-
16	INT	6	12-	PER Roll 13-
16	EGO	12	12-	ECV:  5
20	PRE	10	13-	PRE Attack:  4d6
13	COM	2	12-

7	PD	3		Total:  7 PD (0 rPD)
6	ED	2		Total:  6 ED (0 rED)
4	SPD	7		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8	REC	0
40	END	0
32	STUN	0	Total Characteristic Cost:  124

Movement:	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	3"/6"
Swimming:	2"/4"

Cost	Powers & Skills
Martial Arts:  Kenjutsu
Maneuver	OCV	DCV	Damage
5	Cut	+1	+3	Weapon  Strike
4	Evade	--	+5	Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4	Lightning Stroke	+2	+0	Weapon +2 DC Strike
4	Parry	+2	+2	Block, Abort
5	Slash	-2	+1	Weapon +4 DC Strike
0	Weapon Element:  Blades

18	Shirasaya:  HKA 1 1/2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); 
OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) plus +1 with OCV; OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4)
4	Blur Of Blades:  Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) for up to 35 Active Points of HKA; Extra Time 
(Full Phase, -1/2), OIF (sword of opportunity; -1/2), END 1
7	Can Cut Bullets From The Air:  Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel); 
OAF (shirasaya; -1)
9	A Blur Of Motion:  Running +6" (12" total), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Only To 
Make Half Moves In Combat (-1)
3	Sharp Senses:  +1 PER with all Sense Groups

Perks
5	Fringe Benefit:  Acting Leader Of The Washimine Group
2	Reputation:  The White Scabbard, a.k.a. "Man-Slayer Ginji" (The Yakuza, specifically, 
the Washimine Group) 14-, +2/+2d6
1	Money:  Well Off

Talents
10	Follow-Through Attack
7	Deadly Blow:  +1d6 ([with katana/shirasaya])

Skills
12	+4 with Kenjutsu
2	+2 OCV With Slash With Shirasaya
10	Unhittable In Combat:  +2 with DCV

3	AK: Takamachi District 12-
3	Breakfall 14-
3	Arbitrator Of Takamachi:  Bribery 13-
3	Arbitrator Of Takamachi:  Bureaucratics 13-
2	CK: Tokyo 11-
3	Arbitrator Of Takamachi:  Conversation 13-
3	Iajutsu:  Fast Draw (Blades) 14-
10	Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3	High Society (Yakzua) 13-
3	KS: Tokyo Underworld 12-
2	KS: Washimine Group History And Customs 11-
0	Language:  Japanese (idiomatic; literate)
2	PS: Cooking 11-
5	Rapid Attack (HTH) 
3	Stealth 14-
3	Streetwise 13-
2	TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles
3	Arbitrator Of Takamachi:  Trading 13-
1	WF:  Blades
170	Total Powers & Skills Cost
293	Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages
10	Distinctive Features:  Style (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By 
Large Group)
10	Hunted:  Other Tokyo Yakuza Groups 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, 
Watching)
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima
20	Psychological Limitation:  Loyal To The Washimine Group (Very Common, Strong)
20	Psychological Limitation:  Yakuza Code Of Honor (Very Common, Strong)
15	Reputation:  "man-slayer Ginji", 14- (Extreme;  Known Only To Yakuza)
118	Experience
293	Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "Do you want to see my sword that badly?"

"If you're lucky... no, if you're unlucky, there will be a chance to fight."

"We're all the same. No matter how far we go, we're not normal."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Ginji Matsuzaki created by Rei Hoire, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

(be afraid, be very afraid)

REVY

(Rebecca)

Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes
13	STR	3	12-	Lift 151.6 kg; 2 1/2d6 [3]
17	CON	14	12-
13	BODY	6	12-
10	INT	0	11-	PER Roll 11-
13	EGO	6	12-	ECV:  4
15	PRE	5	12-	PRE Attack:  3d6
16	COM	3	12-

6	PD	3		Total:  6 PD (0 rPD)
5	ED	2		Total:  5 ED (0 rED)
6	REC	0
34	END	0
30	STUN	1		Total Characteristic Cost:  98

Movement:	Running:	7"/14"
Leaping:	5"/10"
Swimming:	4"/8"

Cost	Powers & Skills
7	Can Handle Her Booze:  +10 CON; Only For Resisting The Effects Of Intoxication (-2)
5	"This Is More Entertaining Than Hollywood":  +10 PRE; Only To Protect Against 
Presence Attacks (-1)

Martial Arts:  Dirty Infighting/"Gun-fu"
Maneuver	OCV	DCV	Damage
4	Block	+2	+2	Block, Abort
Notes:  Block uses her handguns
4	Dodge	--	+5	Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
5	Flying Dodge	--	+4	Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5	Flying Kick	+1	-2	6 1/2d6 Strike
3	Punch	+1	+0	4 1/2d6 Strike
0	Weapon Element:  Handguns

11	Sword Cutlass (Beretta 92F Custom):  RKA 1d6+1, 4 clips of 15 Charges (+1/4); 
OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), [15]
5	A Second Sword Cutlass (Beretta 92F Custom)

60	Master Gunfighter:  Multipower, 90-point reserve, all slots OIF (any non-Autofire 
firearm of opportunity; -1/2)
3u	1)  "I'm Miss Rebecca. I Have No Equal With A Gun.":  Area Of Effect (up to 12" 
Radius; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of any non-Autofire firearm; 
OIF (any non-Autofire firearm of opportunity; -1/2), Cannot Use Targeting (-1/2), No 
Range (-1/2), Must Use 1 Charge Per Target Fired At (-1/4)
1u	2)  Double Tap:  Autofire (2 shots; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of any non-Autofire 
RKA, Both Shots Must Be At Same Target (+0); OIF (firearm of opportunity; -1/2)
1u	3)  Quick Fire:  Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) for up to 60 Active Points of any non-Autofire 
firearm; OIF (any non-Autofire firearm of opportunity; -1/2), Cannot Use 
Targeting (-1/2)

8	Springing About The Battlefield:  Leaping +3" (5 1/2" forward, 2 1/2" upward) 
(Accurate), END 1
5	Combat Leaping:  Leaping 5" (Accurate), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Forward 
Movement Only (-1), Only To Make Half Moves In Combat (-1)
2	Fast On Her Feet:  Running +1" (7" total), END 1
10	Combat Running:  Running 7", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Only To Make Half 
Moves In Combat (-1)
2	"[swimming Is] Like Second Nature To Her":  Swimming +2" (4" total), END 1

Perks
4	Reputation:  "Two-Hands" (expert gunfighter) (Roanapura Underworld) 14-, +2/+2d6

Talents
9	"Two-Hands":  Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)
6	Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
15	Combat Sense 11-
27	Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 11-
4	Deadly Blow:  +1d6 (with Sword Cutlass)

Skills
30	"All These [Guns] Need To Do Is Hit.":  +6 with Ranged Combat
8	Penalty Skill Levels:  +4 vs. Hit Location modifiers with Small Arms
8	Never Stands Still In Combat:  +4 with DCV; Only if Character Makes A Half Move Or 
Full Move (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

3	Acrobatics 14-
3	Breakfall 14-
5	CK: Roanapura, Thailand 14-
1	CK: New York City, New York 8-
3	Combat Driving 14-
10	Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3	Electronics 13-; Only For Hot-Wiring Cars (-1)
3	Fast Draw (Small Arms) 14-
1	KS: Currency Of The United States 8-
5	KS: Firearms 14-
2	KS: Modern Military Weaponry 11-
4	KS: Roanapura Underworld 13-
0	Language:  English (idiomatic; literate)
3	PS: Knot-Tying 14-
1	PS: Play Harmonica 8-
5	Rapid Attack (Ranged) 
5	Rapid Autofire
2	Sleight Of Hand 14-; Only To Perform Gun Tricks (-1/2)
5	Streetwise 13-
1	Systems Operation (Radio) 8-
3	TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, SCUBA, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground 
Vehicles
10	"Two Hands":  Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged) 
4	WF:  Small Arms, Grenade Launchers, Shoulder-Fired Weapons
334	Total Powers & Skills Cost
432	Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages
5	Distinctive Features:  A Killer's Eyes (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; 
Detectable Only By Small Group)
10	Distinctive Features:  Tattoo On Right Shoulder And Arm (Concealable; Noticed and 
Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15	Hunted:  New York Police Department -- only in America/NYC 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, 
Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)
5	Hunted:  Other Criminal Factions in Roanapura 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical 
Area, Watching)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Bad/Explosive/Short Tempered (rapid mood swings) 
(Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Casual Killer (Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  "[Money] Is Power. And A Lot More Useful Than God."  
(Very Common, Moderate)
5	Rivalry:  Professional (Eda; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate 
Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
5	Social Limitation:  Criminal Record (in New York City) (Occasionally, Minor)
242	Experience
432	Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History:

As with most of the members of Lagoon Couriers, we known precious little about Revy's origins. Comments by Revy, as well as small snippets in the anime (and I presume in the manga) give us the occasional glimpse, allowing the following profile of Revy's early years to be built --

Rebecca/Revy grew up in New York City, possibly somewhere around the 27th Police Precinct (A fictious precinct. If real it would be located on the north end of Central Park.). She apparently was a street kid from an early age, running with the gangs and generally raising hell. It wasn't an easy life (Revy mentions getting beaten by the police at one point for something she didn't do) and impressed on her the value of money and power, and how money often equals power (as well as how power usually gets one money). We can only guess at the violence Revy saw and/or was part of, as in one episode she rather offhand mentions killing, stealing, and so on to Rock. At some point she started practicing with handguns, firing at cans and the like down on Mott Street (a real NYC street located just north of Chinatown). All of these elements came to a head when she murdered someone by placing a pillow over their body, pressing a snub-nosed revolver to it and pulling the trigger (hence the feathers in the opening credits).

Afterwards (I presume), Revy was arrested (for murder and attempted murder based on the opening credits), tried, convicted, and sent to prison. This is when I am guessing she gained the tattoo and long hair, as flashbacks of her in New York on Mott Street and standing over her murder victim show her with short, collar-length hair.

Once Revy was released, I can only guess she decided to leave New York City and the United States. Somehow she ended up in Thailand and the city of Roanpura, where she learned gunfighting from Mr. Chan and eventually was hired by Dutch to be Lagoon Courier's muscle.

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "When I was a brat and crawling around in the streets, for some reason God and love were always sold out."

"What can a powerless Chinese bitch rely on if there's no God? It's money. And guns. With those two things, the world's a great place."

"I've got no complants if I can kill who I can kill and steal what I can steal."

"If you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. If you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right until the end of the world."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Revy is a Chinese-American woman who is probably only in her mid-twenties. She stands around 5'4" or so with a trim but still curvy build that she manages to maintain despite a diet apparently consisting only of alcohol, cigarettes, and take-out pizza. She has dark purplish hair, an intricate "tribal" tattoo on her right shoulder and upper arm, and dresses in unlaced combat boots, partially undone Daisy Dukes held in place by a military web-belt, a short black tank-top, and a two-gun shoulder holster that contains her customized twin 9mm "Sword Cutlass" automatic pistols.

Designer's Notes:

(Revy created by Rei Hiroe, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

I'll need to look at it from home to really think about it. But the basics all look good. I'd be tempted to give both speed 5, but that's probably overkill. Gin and Revy do seem to be moving at a different speed than everyone else, but if everyone else is 3, then it works.

I've never been a big fan of rounding up on Com.

I think Gin's KS is about right. He doesn't sound really plugged into the day to day, and it's obvious he's been 'retired' for a time before returning.

Assuming levels split he can do 10/13 OCV/DCV. Revy can do ... 14/12? I'm assuming the ranged will go on offense. Of course, when Gin was closing the range he was probably half move and dodging. So this seems about right.

I can see Gin having a psych about wishing for a normal life. He seems very content when he's not Man Killing Gin, and seems like he'd prefer to take the girl away to live a quiet life. But his honor doesn't allow this. Paradoxically, despite warning Revy that she'll only fight him if she's unlucky, he clearly relishes the challenge of fighting Revy when it comes down to it.

Gin's damage is massive. 1 1/2 d6 with the sword. Deadly blow makes the base damage 2 1/2 d6. Strength would make it 3 1/2 d6. +2 DC for Slash is 4d6+1. This seems a little high.

Gin's damage is massive. 1 1/2 d6 with the sword. Deadly blow makes the base damage 2 1/2 d6. Strength would make it 3 1/2 d6. +2 DC for Slash is 4d6+1. This seems a little high.

I might knock off the Deadly Blow. But he does one-shot a lot of guys. And Follow-Through only works if target one is dead.

(rough draft, input wanted)

GINJI MATSUZAKI

I might be tempted to give him some PRE defense. He struck me as the sort of character that isn't phased by anything. He always seems to be in complete control. Of course with a starting PRE of 20 he wouldn't need much PRE Defense.

I've never messed around with Follow-Through. To me just having a few levels to counteract Sweep penalties worked just as well or better. Especially since Sweep can be combined with other martial maneuvers.

(be afraid, be very afraid)

REVY

(Rebecca)

All in all both write-ups seem pretty good. I'd be tempted to buy them up to a 5 SPD if I used them in one of my games, but of course that depends on the game you are using them in.

I'm wondering if Revy might have Deadly Blow with handguns at +1d6 and an extra +1d6 with her Sword Cutlasses.

I thought about that... but she tends to shoot people repeatedly... she might have +1d6 with all guns, though, and maybe some extra levels with the Sword Cutlasses.

Oh, I have made some adjustments to some older characters, based on your guys input. (Jane gets 1d6 of "Dumb Luck" for example).

I am working on Roberta and she's scary. She's 219 points, and I'm not even half-way done with her yet!!!

Uhm... how would you build the shotgun umbrella? Armor? +DCV?

When all is done, and I have written all of the flavor text, I'll create a new thread and put in the "World Book" and all the finished character sheets.

The far from complete character sheet for Roberta.

"A Blessing For The Living,

A Flower Branch For the Dead,

With The Sword Of Justice,

A Punishment Of Death To Evildoers,

And We Will Arrive At The Altar Of The Saints."

ROBERTA

[b]Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes[/b]
30	STR	30	15-	Lift 1600 kg; 6d6 HTH Damage [6]
20	CON	20	13-
13	BODY	6	12-
10	INT	0	11-	PER Roll 11-
10	EGO	0	11-	ECV:  3
10	PRE	0	11-	PRE Attack:  2d6
16	COM	3	12-

8	PD	2		Total:  8 PD (0 rPD)
8	ED	4		Total:  8 ED (0 rED)
10	REC	0
40	END	0
38	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  120

Movement:[/b]	Running:	9"/36"
Leaping:	6"/12"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills
Martial Arts:[/b]  
[b]Maneuver	OCV	DCV	Damage[/b]

26	[b]What Is She? The Terminator?:[/b]  Physical Damage Reduction, 50%; STUN Only (-1/2) 
plus Energy Damage Reduction, 50%; STUN Only (-1/2)
11	[b]Can Keep Up With A Car:[/b]  Running +3" (9" total), x4 Noncombat, END 1
4	[b]Not Going Anywhere!:[/b]  Clinging (normal STR); Only To Remain On A Surface (such as 
the roof of a speeding car) (-1), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
1	[b]Roberta:[/b]  False Identity
[b]Notes:[/b]  Real ID:  Rosarita Cisneros, a.k.a. the "Hunting Dog of Florencia"
2	Reputation:  Bloodhound/Hunting Dog of Florencia (Columbia Drug Cartels) 
14-, +2/+2d6

[b]Talents[/b]
32	[b]"She Knew What Was Going On Long Before I Did.":[/b]  Danger Sense (general area, out of 
combat, Function as a Sense) 11-
10	Deadly Blow:  +1d6 (any circumstances, any firearm)

[b]Skills[/b]
20	+4 with Ranged Combat
8	[b]Hard To Hit:[/b]  +4 with DCV; Only if Character Makes A Half Move Or Full Move (-1), 
Costs Endurance (-1/2)

2	AK: Columbia (South America) 11-
2	AK: Venezuala 11-
3	Acrobatics 14-
3	Acting 11-
3	Breakfall 14-
3	Combat Driving 14-
3	Concealment 11-
10	Defense Maneuver I-IV 
1	Electronics 11-; Only For Hot-Wiring Cars (-1)
3	Fast Draw (Knife) 14-
3	Fast Draw (Small Arms) 14-
6	Fast Draw Rig In Sleeves:  +4 with Fast Draw; IIF (rig in her sleeves; -1/4)
0	Language:  Spanish (idiomatic; literate)
3	Language:  English (completely fluent; literate)
5	Precise Sprayfire I
3	TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Carts & Carriages, Equines
10	Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged) 
6	WF:  Small Arms, Blades, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, 
Shoulder-Fired Weapons
2	Weaponsmith (Firearms) 11-
[b]Total Powers & Skills Cost
Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
20	DNPC:  Garica Loveless 11- (Incompetent)
5	Distinctive Features:  Maid's Uniform (tends to wear this most everywhere) (Easily 
Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5	Distinctive Features:  Very Polite Mode Of Speech (Easily Concealed; Noticed and 
5	Distinctive Features:  A Killer's Eyes/Eyes Of A Soldier (Not Concealable; Noticed and 
Recognizable; Detectable Only By Small Group)
20	Hunted:  Interpol 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)
15	Hunted:  Columbian Drug Cartels 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly 
Punish)
25	Psychological Limitation:  Loyal To And Protective Of Garcia Loveless And The 
Loveless Family (Very Common, Total)
5	Social Limitation:  Wanted Terrorist (Occasionally, Minor)
105	[b]Experience
Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quotes: "I am just a lonely soul who has come all the way from South America. I am in search of a place where I can find my countryman."

"I hoe you'll excuse me, but I'm afriad I may have to be rude."

"I swear on the name of Santa Maria to smie the unrighteous with my hammer!"

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Roberta created by Rei Hiore, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

ROCK

(Rokurou Okajima)

9	STR	-1	11-	Lift 87.1 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [2]
13	DEX	9	12-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
11	CON	2	11-
10	BODY	0	11-
18	INT	8	13-	PER Roll 13-/14-
14	EGO	8	12-	ECV:  5
10	PRE	0	11-	PRE Attack:  2d6
14	COM	2	12-

4	PD	2		Total:  4 PD (0 rPD)
4	ED	2		Total:  4 ED (0 rED)
3	SPD	7		Phases:  4, 8, 12
4	REC	0
22	END	0
21	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  39

Movement:[/b]	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	1"/2"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills[/b]
7	[b]Can Handle His Booze:[/b]  +10 CON; Only For Resisting The Effects Of Intoxication (-2)
5	[b]"Villain In Training":[/b]  +10 PRE; Only To Defend Against Presence Attacks (-1)
1	[b]Sharp Ears:[/b]  +1 PER with Normal Hearing

[b]Perks[/b]
1	Favor from Balalaika

[b]Skills[/b]
10	[b]Understands The World Of Business:[/b]  +2 with Interaction Skills

3	Bureaucratics 11-
3	Combat Driving 12-
Notes:  Used with automobile.
1	Computer Programming (Personal Computers) 8-
3	Conversation 11-
5	Deduction 14-
3	CK: Roanapura, Thailand 13-
3	Persuasion 11-
2	PS: Salariman (for Asahi Heavy Industries) 11-
3	SS:  Geology (specifically rare earths and rare earth metals) 13-
2	SS:  Mathmatics 11-
1	Streetwise 8-
3	Trading 11-
2	TF:  SCUBA, Small Motorized Boats, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
3	Linguist
2	1)  Language:  English (completely fluent; literate)
1	2)  Language:  Italian (basic conversation; literate)
0	3)  Language:  Japanese (idiomatic; literate)
1	4)  Language:  Spanish (fluent conversation; literate)
3	Scholar
2	1)  KS: Rare Earths/Elements Of The Periodic Table 13-
1	2)  KS: Roanapura Underworld 11-
2	3)  KS: Tea 13-
2	4)  KS: The Business World 13-
2	5)  KS: The Loveless Family 13-
[b]79	Total Powers & Skills Cost
118	Total Character Cost

75+	Disadvantages[/b]
5	Distinctive Features:  "Different"/Out Of His Realm (Not Concealable; Noticed and 
Recognizable; Detectable By Large Group; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
5	Hunted:  Other Criminal Factions in Roanapura 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical 
Area, Watching)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Tries To Adhere To A Moral Code (Common, Strong)
5	Social Limitation:  Decalred Dead In Japan (Occasionally, Minor)
13	[b]Experience
118	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quotes: "When I was inivted by [Revy], it was like something blew through me. Somethiing snapped."

"I am... I am where I'm standing. No where else."

"These are my friends, but they're worth sticking with."

"I feel like I've been running away since kiindergarden."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Rock created by Rei Hiore, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

SAWYER

15	DEX	15	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
15	CON	10	12-
10	BODY	0	11-
13	INT	3	12-	PER Roll 12-
10	COM	0	11-

5	PD	2		Total:  5 PD (0 rPD)
4	ED	1		Total:  4 ED (0 rED)
3	SPD	5		Phases:  4, 8, 12
6	REC	0
30	END	0
25	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  50

Movement[/b]:	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	2"/4"
Tunneling:	1"/2"

30	[b]Chainsaw:[/b]  Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots OAF (chainsaw; -1)
1u	1)  [b]Blade:[/b]  HKA 1d6 (1 1/2d6 w/STR); OAF (chainsaw; -1)	1
1u	2)  [b]Cutting Through Walls:[/b]  Tunneling 1" through 1 DEF material; OAF (chainsaw; -1)	1

7	[b]Chainsaw Blocking:[/b]  Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel); OAF (chainsaw; -1)
7	[b]Ultravoice:[/b]  Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +4 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance 
(0 END; +1/2); OAF ("microphone"; -1), Set Effect (only amplifies what Sawyer 
says; -1), No Range (-1/2), Gestures (must hold Ultravoice to her throat; -1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
6	Contact:  assorted people in and around Roanapura 11-
2	Reputation:  Sawyer the Cleaner (Roanapura Underworld) 14-, +1/+1d6

[b]Talents[/b]
6	[b]Pretty Quick With Her Chainsaw:[/b]  Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All 
Actions

[b]Skills[/b]
12	+4 with Chainsaw
8	+4 with Missile Deflection

3	CK: Roanapura, Thailand 12-
2	KS: Anatomy 11-
3	KS: Roanapura Underworld 12-
3	Paramedics 12-
2	PS: "Cleaner" 11-
3	SS:  Anatomy 12-
3	Streetwise 12-
1	WF:  Chainsaw
[b]	Total Powers & Skills Cost
Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
5	Distinctive Features:  Large Scar On Neck (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; 
Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15	Physical Limitation:  Unable To Talk Normally Due To Cut Throat (Infrequently, Fully 
Impairing)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Goes Cataonic Without Her Ultravoice.  (Uncommon, Total)
[b]Experience

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "Usually I'd dismember you and call it good."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Sawyer created by Rei Hiroe, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

SHENHUA

15	STR	5	12-	Lift 200 kg; 3d6 HTH Damage [3]
24	DEX	54	14-	OCV:  8/DCV:  8
20	CON	20	13-
13	BODY	6	12-
15	INT	5	12-	PER Roll 12-
15	EGO	10	12-	ECV:  5
20	COM	5	13-

4	SPD	6		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8	REC	2
40	END	0
31	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  128

Movement:[/b]	Running:	8"/16"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills
Martial Arts:[/b]  [i]Sword Techniques[/i]
4	Charge	+0	-2	Weapon +2 DC +v/5 Strike, FMove
4	Counterstrike	+2	+2	Weapon +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block
5	Passing Strike	+1	+0	Weapon  +v/5; FMove

4	[b]Fast On Her Feet:[/b]  Running +2" (8" total)	1
12	[b]A Blur Of Motion:[/b]  Running 8", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Only To Make Half 
Moves In Combat (-1)

[b]Talents[/b]
2	Environmental Movement (no penalties on)

[b]Skills[/b]
32	+4 with All Combat
12	Penalty Skill Levels:  +4 vs. Hit Location modifiers with All Attacks

3	Acrobatics 14-
3	Breakfall 14-
3	Climbing 14-
10	Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3	Fast Draw (Kukri) 14-
3	Fast Draw (Throwing Blades) 14-
5	KS: Roanapura Underworld 14-
2	Language:  English (fluent conversation; literate)
0	Language:  Taiwanese (idiomatic; literate)
3	Language:  Mandarin (completely fluent; literate)
2	PS: Assassin/Enforcer 11-
5	Rapid Attack (HTH) 
3	Sleight Of Hand 14-
3	Stealth 14-
3	Streetwise 13-
10	Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) 
3	WF:  Blades, Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts, Thrown Sword
Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
5	Distinctive Features:  Sing-song Speech Pattern (Easily Concealed; Noticed and 
10	Distinctive Features:  Style (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By 
Large Group)
Area, Watching)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Vain About Her Apperance (Common, Moderate)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Disdainful Of Firearms (Common, Strong)
142	[b]Experience

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "English is not good because I am real Taiwanese."

"Cannons run out of ammo. Blade and body last forever. Best weapons in the world."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Shenhua created by Rei Hiroe, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

SAWYER

15	DEX	15	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
15	CON	10	12-
10	BODY	0	11-
13	INT	3	12-	PER Roll 12-
10	COM	0	11-

5	PD	2		Total:  5 PD (0 rPD)
4	ED	1		Total:  4 ED (0 rED)
3	SPD	5		Phases:  4, 8, 12
6	REC	0
30	END	0
25	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  50

Movement[/b]:	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	2"/4"
Tunneling:	1"/2"

30	[b]Chainsaw:[/b]  Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots OAF (chainsaw; -1)
1u	1)  [b]Blade:[/b]  HKA 1d6 (1 1/2d6 w/STR); OAF (chainsaw; -1)	1
1u	2)  [b]Cutting Through Walls:[/b]  Tunneling 1" through 1 DEF material; OAF (chainsaw; -1)	1

7	[b]Chainsaw Blocking:[/b]  Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel); OAF (chainsaw; -1)
7	[b]Ultravoice:[/b]  Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +4 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance 
(0 END; +1/2); OAF ("microphone"; -1), Set Effect (only amplifies what Sawyer 
says; -1), No Range (-1/2), Gestures (must hold Ultravoice to her throat; -1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
6	Contact:  assorted people in and around Roanapura 11-
2	Reputation:  Sawyer the Cleaner (Roanapura Underworld) 14-, +1/+1d6

[b]Talents[/b]
6	[b]Pretty Quick With Her Chainsaw:[/b]  Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All 
Actions

[b]Skills[/b]
12	+4 with Chainsaw
8	+4 with Missile Deflection

3	CK: Roanapura, Thailand 12-
2	KS: Anatomy 11-
3	KS: Roanapura Underworld 12-
3	Paramedics 12-
2	PS: "Cleaner" 11-
3	SS:  Anatomy 12-
3	Streetwise 12-
1	WF:  Chainsaw
[b]	Total Powers & Skills Cost
Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
5	Distinctive Features:  Large Scar On Neck (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; 
Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15	Physical Limitation:  Unable To Talk Normally Due To Cut Throat (Infrequently, Fully 
Impairing)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Goes Cataonic Without Her Ultravoice.  (Uncommon, Total)
[b]Experience

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "Usually I'd dismember you and call it good."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Sawyer created by Rei Hiroe, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

I'm not sure how you would put it but Sawyer seemed to want to get respect, fear or at least to be more active in the criminal scene in Roanpura. That could be an additonal psych limitation but its just a suggestion. I think you've got her pretty solid.

I... ah... missed a whole page of notes....

SHENHUA

15	STR	5	12-	Lift 200 kg; 3d6 HTH Damage [3]
24	DEX	54	14-	OCV:  8/DCV:  8
20	CON	20	13-
13	BODY	6	12-
15	INT	5	12-	PER Roll 12-
15	EGO	10	12-	ECV:  5
20	COM	5	13-

4	SPD	6		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8	REC	2
40	END	0
31	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  128

Movement:[/b]:	Running:	8"/16"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills
Martial Arts:[/b]  [i]Sword Techniques[/i]
4	Charge	+0	-2	Weapon +2 DC +v/5 Strike, FMove
4	Counterstrike	+2	+2	Weapon +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block
5	Disarm	-1	-1	Disarm, 25 STR to Disarm roll; FMove
5	Passing Strike	+1	+0	Weapon  +v/5; FMove
5	Slash	+1	-2	Weapon +4 DC Strike
4	Strike	+0	+2	Weapon +2 DC Strike

8	[b]Springing About:[/b]  Leaping +3" (6" forward, 3" upward) (Accurate), END 1
4	[b]Fast On Her Feet:[/b]  Running +2" (8" total), END 1
12	[b]A Blur Of Motion:[/b]  Running 8", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Only To Make Half 
Moves In Combat (-1)
3	[b]Excellent Sense Of Balance:[/b]  Usable Flight (+1/4) for up to 16 Active Points of Runniing; 
Only Along Reasonable Horizontal Surfaces (-1/2), END 1

[b]Perks[/b]
9	Contact:  Boss Chang (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-
2	Fringe Benefit:  Important Member of Boss Chang's Triad

[b]Talents[/b]
9	Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)
3	[b]Excellent Sense Of Balance:[/b]  Environmental Movement (no penalties on narrow surfaces)

[b]Skills[/b]
32	+4 with All Combat
12	Penalty Skill Levels:  +4 vs. Hit Location modifiers with All Attacks

3	Acrobatics 14-
3	Breakfall 14-
3	Climbing 14-
10	Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3	Fast Draw (Kukri) 14-
3	Fast Draw (Throwing Blades) 14-
5	KS: Roanapura Underworld 14-
2	Language:  English (fluent conversation; literate)
0	Language:  Taiwanese (idiomatic; literate)
3	Language:  Mandarin (completely fluent; literate)
2	PS: Assassin/Enforcer 11-
5	Rapid Attack (HTH) 
3	Sleight Of Hand 14-
3	Stealth 14-
3	Streetwise 13-
10	Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) 
4	WF:  Blades, Off Hand, Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts, Thrown Sword
Total Character Cost

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
5	Distinctive Features:  Sing-song Speech Pattern (Easily Concealed; Noticed and 
Large Group)
Area, Watching)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Vain About Her Apperance (Common, Moderate)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Disdainful Of Firearms (Common, Strong)
142	[b]Experience

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "English is not good because I am real Taiwanese."

"Cannons run out of ammo. Blade and body last forever. Best weapons in the world."

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

(Shenhua created by Rei Hiroe, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

YUKIO WASHIMINE

8	STR	-2	11-	Lift 75.8 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [2]
12	DEX	6	11-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
8	CON	-4	11-
8	BODY	-4	11-
18	INT	8	13-	PER Roll 13-
18	EGO	16	13-	ECV:  6
13	PRE	3	12-	PRE Attack:  2 1/2d6
14	COM	2	12-

2	PD	0		Total:  2 PD (0 rPD)
2	ED	0		Total:  2 ED (0 rED)
2	SPD	0		Phases:  6, 12
4	REC	0
16	END	0
16	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  25

Movement:[/b]	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	1"/2"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills
Perks[/b]
5	Fringe Benefit:  14th Washimine Group Deputy

[b]Talents[/b]
3	Strength Of Her Resolve:  Resistance (3 points)

Skills
3	Bureaucratics 12-
3	Deduction 13-
3	High Society 12-
3	Tactics 13-
1	TF:  Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
1	WF:  Handguns
3	Scholar
1	1)  KS: Law 11-
2	2)  KS: Literature 13-
2	3)  KS: Philosophy 13-
1	4)  KS: Washimine Group History And Customs 11-
Total Character Cost

25+	Disadvantages[/b]
10	Hunted:  Other Tokyo Yakuza Groups 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Watching)
10	Physical Limitation:  Wears Glasses (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
20	Psychological Limitation:  Yakuza Code Of Honor (Common, Total)
[b]Experience

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: ""

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

( created by, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

Okay. I'll leave these here and await your input. Meanwhile, I'll start finishing up the "worldbook" and complete the character sheets (finish the color text and build everyone's weapons and gear). I'll start a new thread with the completed material, which I hope to have done in 10-14 days.

I hope everyone is liking what I've done so far!

I have had a very busy couple of days. I put in about 12 hours at work today and I gotta be up in 7 1/2 hours to go back to work. But after that things should calm back down a bit. I will enjoy looking at your latest efforts tomorrow evening. Rep for the excellent work though. :thumbup: