Hyper Agility Powers...

Enforcer84

I got the idea for this guy from the Ultimate Speedster.

Wagner's law states that any Hyper Agile superhuman must study swordsmanship.

(Early versions of said law also forbade the hero in question from using swords)

So I am making a very High level character (750 pts) who has superhuman Dexterity (35), Speed (8) and the powers that insue. To go with his Fencing martial art, he has Kung Fu Maneuvers.

I could save points by combining the manuevers but I don't wanna. :D

the other abilities I have given him:

Ambidexterity

Me First!: Lightning Reflexes for All Actions +10 (15 pts)

- This is to counteract the damnable speedsters who all have this ability too.

Battle Quickness: +7" Running only to determine half moves -1 0End (10 pts)

- this means he can move his whole 7" of running as a "half Move".

Mobility: Combat Luck (+3/3) (6pts)

Hyper Agility: +3 with DEX based Skills (15pts)

He has a Multipower: (50pts)

Battlefield Punches: +5d6 HA, Autofire, 1/2End

Whirlwind sweep: +4d6 HA, AE (Any), Personal Immunity, Selective (not sure I need the PI on this one.

Blade Storm: 2d6-1 HKA, Autofire (5), 1/2 End, OIF (Blade of opporotunity)

Blade Wave: 1d6+1 HKA AE, Any, Selective, OIF (BoO)

Evasive Missile Deflection (Any)

I believe this is yours Missile Reflection (Arrows, and lower) back at originator

Anything else he should have?

He's got a buccaneer motif, a lightly armored costume, a coat with more defense *activation* as well as other defense types, an enchanted rapier, a steel whip, a high tech flintlock, and ... I'd like him to have an airship but He's already pushing the 750pts and he has little by way of team gear and perks...

Re: Hyper Agility Powers...

So I am making a very High level character (750 pts) who has superhuman Dexterity (35), Speed (8)

the other abilities I have given him:

Me First!: Lightning Reflexes for All Actions +10 (15 pts)

Hyper Agility: +3 with DEX based Skills (15pts)

If there aren't game set or personal mental Dex caps in operation, I'll just point out that instead of going with the above setup, you could instead do:

Dex 48

Spd 8

and discard the LR and skill levels.

Go faster than your old Dex+Lightning Reflexes, have the same roll with dex-based skills, have a better basic dex roll, better CV...and save 4 pts.

If there aren't game set or personal mental Dex caps in operation, I'll just point out that instead of going with the above setup, you could instead do:

Dex 48

Spd 8

and discard the LR and skill levels.

Go faster than your old Dex+Lightning Reflexes, have the same roll with dex-based skills, have a better basic dex roll, better CV...and save 4 pts.

good catch...

...but I dont know if I want to do that. I kind of like the idea that his reflexes are even outside of his control, he cannot bring them all to bare in combat... hence a lower CV but... I dunno, cause if I give him levels...We will see.

Reflexive Parry: HKA Damage Shield, OAF any handy weapon

The Mark of...: Images, OAF, RSR, to carve letters or pictures into objects/opponents

Swashbuckling Movement: Teleport, pass through intervening space, requires OAF to move vertically - to represent the ability to tumble, jump, swing, and dodge past opponents with astounding grace

...I assume he has Swinging, extra Leaping, Acrobatics, and suchlike...

Reflexive Parry: HKA Damage Shield, OAF any handy weapon

The Mark of...: Images, OAF, RSR, to carve letters or pictures into objects/opponents

Swashbuckling Movement: Teleport, pass through intervening space, requires OAF to move vertically - to represent the ability to tumble, jump, swing, and dodge past opponents with astounding grace

...I assume he has Swinging, extra Leaping, Acrobatics, and suchlike...

Oh yeah!

Hmmm, the 'swinging' is a must, with all powers usable while swinging. (Why not, Errol Flynn did it!)

How about an automatic presence attack against a target the first time he uses a successful blade ability against that target. Call it the "I can't believe what I'm seeing..." attack. Again, both Flynn and Barrymore had this.

Mobility: Combat Luck (+3/3) (6pts)

Something I did with La Rose was to buy +9/9 combat luck w/ OAF Rapier. It gave an otherwise defenseless character some nice protection with the Sp F/X of him parrying off attacks. Only cost 9pts. And of course you could just call it blade of op. for a lesser -1/2lim and only have it cost 12pts.

La Rose.

I've got a lot of the stuff mentioned so far condensed down to 15" Flight, No Turn Mode (+1/4), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4), with a -0 special effect limitation (the effect being 'whatever combination of leaping, swinging, and wuxia-style wall running it takes to get there'.) Also, rather than the extra movement only for half moves, I've got a bunch of martial maneuvers with FMove; this, with the high base inches of movement but no noncombat multiple, represents a character able to dodge, weave and strike accurately while moving at a flat-out run.

Some more favorites:

Quicker Than the Eye: Invisibility to Sight, Instant (-1/2), Not vs Rapid Sight (-1/4)

This gives you the effect of invisiblity for the duration of your action, letting you strike so quickly the target can't defend, or move from one hiding space to another in the instant a guard turns his head or blinks.

Quick Wrap-Up: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF; No Range (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), OIF (appropriate materials of opportunity; -1/2)

Swiftly tangle up an opponent in whatever happens to be available (their cape is a good choice....)