Traveller Hero Update

Polaris

Re: Traveller Hero Update

Yea I'm chopping at the Bit for this one also Just got "Out of the Darkness & Bearers of the Flame" they are a must. Not any real rules but pack with background and "Berers of the Flame" has an entire Domain with plenty to play with in it. please inform us as soon as it is done.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont have a mailing list for the project beyond one for the project team only... but rest assured we will let folks know as soon as we have anything definite datewise etc...

one of us will post here, the Traveller Mailing List, the Com-Star boards, and wherever else might be appropritate, and the traveller live journal community at the least

Misjump question: In the Traveller books I have, misjump is a 2- on 2d6 with modifiers possible for unrefined fuel and trying to jump too deep in a gravity well. How are you handling this check on 3d6? Starting at a 5- maybe? I assume all other rolls, distance jumped and time it takes, will stay the same calculation method?

Good question! Now I want to know, too :D

Though I suppose it doesn't really have to change.

I mean, if I've got _3_ d6, then the odds are pretty good I've got _2_ d6

:D :D :D

But still---

yes indeed!

How are the 2d6 rolls being 'switched' for a system using 3d6? Are the charts simply expanded, or are the new target valued being based on similar outcome percentages?

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I'm chopping at the Bit for this one also Just got "Out of the Darkness & Bearers of the Flame" they are a must. Not any real rules but pack with background and "Berers of the Flame" has an entire Domain with plenty to play with in it. please inform us as soon as it is done.

Where did you buy them from?

Cut and pasted from the original post in this thread about Traveller for Hero, hope this covers what you wanted

I just wanted to give a quick update about Traveller Hero (sorry about the delays). We have eight short pdf products in layout right now. When they are complete with layout, they will be sent to Steve for approval, and then put up for sale. Each pdf will include all the Hero Designer files for the material in them, and be sold for just a few bucks. It is our plan to use all of our share of the proceeds from these sales to help promote and market Traveller Hero!

After these initial products, we will be focusing our Traveller Hero line on the 1248 era of Traveller (The "Fourth Imperium"). This is the most advanced era of official Traveller canon designed by Marc Miller and Martin Dougherty.

as far as psionics go, they are fairly limited in effect, but theres a bit more variety than just whats in CT, as they were expanded on in T4 and in TNE

psionic characters will get an END battery that gets recovery every 20 minutes. and is equal to rating*10, with 120 normal maximum or 150 with psi drugs. this is the CT version, things will vary in TNE and T4

For psionics, there's 3 different builds - Classic Traveller style which involves prebuilt powers, TNE style which involves frameworks, and Generic Traveler style which is an open but structured method, so GMs have several options to choose from.

For starships, the constructing starship chapter is what is taking the most time for me to finish at this point.

Have rules for creating VIRUS and running VIRUS, different computers, lots of race things.

Characters suggested as 100/50+ or 150/50+ to have Traveller feel instead of movie feel

Have Conversion info for converting from CT, T20, etc.

adding pointers to information in Out of the Darkness book where appropriate

Checking package deals/templates to make sure we cover what's needed

So we're getting closer. Lots of good stuff inside :)

• 2 weeks later...

Will these products be available in the Hero Games Online Store in the 'Licensed Products' area? Please?

Hi there,

We are currently intending to release the products at our own website, and possibly a few other online etailers (provided that we are able to and still pay all the licensors).

The initial releases will be from the Golden Age of Traveller, but our intention is for 1248 to be the 'official era' of Traveller Hero. The two sourcebooks (Out of the Darkness and Bearers of the Flame) are already availabe in both print and pdf. These two books are not system specific, but provide you with all the answers that previous books in the official Traveller universe left hanging, and gives you a very solid background about the 4th Imperium, and the universe it inhabits.

We have the first product sent in to Steve to get his approval, and as soon as it is approved, then we will put it up for sale and start sending the other products in (we want to make sure that we are on the right track prior to doing all the layout on the other products).

As for the core Traveller Hero book, yes it is getting quite close...:) Shadowcat and the rest of the Traveller Hero Group are doing a GREAT job! :)

William

http://www.comstar-games.com

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Yes... we have two products in Steve's hands awaiting approval. Once those are approved, another 6 are ready to go to layout and then to Steve.

Some products will be set to only pdf, while others will be print or pdf. All of our products are going to have the HD files for anyone that would like them included for free (with purchase of pdf).

William

ComStar

Hi There,

Yes... we have two products in Steve's hands awaiting approval. Once those are approved, another 6 are ready to go to layout and then to Steve.

Some products will be set to only pdf, while others will be print or pdf. All of our products are going to have the HD files for anyone that would like them included for free (with purchase of pdf).

William

ComStar

But specifically, is there any clue as to when the actual Traveller Hero core book will be out... supplements are all fine and good, but not really useful to me without the core book.

Hi Starwolf,

There are three 'core books' to the Travller Hero line. The first two (which are the setting books) are also canon for the "Official Traveller universe", and are already available at our website. These two are:

1. Out of the Darkness

2. Bearers of the Flame

These two books set out the complete setting that is the 'official Traveller setting for Traveller Hero'.

The third book is a sourcebook for Hero that is currently being tweaked. We are hoping to have this out by summer (the sooner the better).

All three of these books (as well as some others) will be available in both pdf and print.

Our plan is to use monies from the smaller supplements to market and develop Traveller for the Hero System.

I hope this helps...:)

William