Traveller Hero Update

Polaris

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Traveller Hero Update

I wonder if Traveller Hero will be released at about the same time as Traveller Fifth Edition? Promotional goods for that product keep saying June 2007 for its release' date=' so maybe a conjuctional release?[/quote']

It would be wise to be sceptical about release dates for Traveller Fifth Edition. Expect it when you see it.

Worse, it looks like it will die in the market, since it is unlikely either to attract new players or please the grognards.

Traveller Hero has a better chance of success.

I wonder if Traveller Hero will be released at about the same time as Traveller Fifth Edition? Promotional goods for that product keep saying June 2007 for its release, so maybe a conjuctional release?

Matt "Just-Curious" Frisbee

I am not an 'insider' at FFE or QLI, but from what I have heard we shall be fortunate if T5 is out by the end of the year. If Traveller Hero takes that long, I am going to cry (and seeing me cry is not a good sight)....;)

William

Hi all,

I just got word from Steve that he is going to try to review the first two pdfs today. If he gives his approval, they should be available shortly.

A couple of things:

1. His approval would also indicate what he wants in the layout... which will free us to have the other six that are ready to go to layout.

2. We can then have some of the other products converted to Hero, and laid out.

3. All the monies that ComStar gets from these initial releases is still going to be spent on supporting and promoting the heck out of Traveller Hero. I think that if we can get some strong sales, it will help promote Traveller Hero, which will in turn help promote Star Hero. The more people purchase Star Hero, and other companies see the popularity of the Hero system and want to license it, the more additional sales will come for Hero's own Star Hero products. This could have the effect of increasing Hero's support for Star Hero.

4. Since the products are all interchangeable, these make a great resource for any other Star Hero game (even if you are not going to play in the Traveller universe). The aliens, starships, civilizations, equipment and NPCs could still make a great addition to your game.

Take care!

William

Hi all,

Just a quick update: Steve has reviewed our first two products and given his approval for their release. He had a couple of very good suggestions, and we are looking into implementing them. Although he is not requiring the changes, we certainly do want to make the products as good as we can make them.

I am hopeful that we can get them out within next several days.

William

It would be wise to be sceptical about release dates for Traveller Fifth Edition. Expect it when you see it.

Worse, it looks like it will die in the market, since it is unlikely either to attract new players or please the grognards.

Traveller Hero has a better chance of success.

Unfortunately, I have to agree, especially after giving the playtesting rules the once over. Even though I have MegaTraveller .pdf's on disc, it will be a cold day in Hades before I ever get a group to suffer through that system, but I've got a group that loves the simplicity of the original LBB's.

I guess that makes me one of the "grognards" but I am still quite interested in Traveller Hero. :) GURPS Traveller did give me some interesting ideas to drop on my players in the last campaign. Hopefully, Traveller Hero will do the same.

(Nope, I don't have original concepts in my games -- I just steal what I like from everyone else.)

Matt "Grognard-pride" Frisbee

as one of the driving forces behind Traveller Hero I can say this, I am quite proud of what we've done so far, yes some of the delays have definately been been at least partially my fault, but I really think it will be worth the wait, having also seen bits and pieces of whats been done for T5 so far, I am disapointed. I think we can do better..

I will undoubtedly buy T5 when it comes out just to have a copy, but I am going to throw my wholehearted support behind traveller hero, Polaris and the folks at Com-Star have come up with a very good product, and I am happy to help bear the flame of trying to keep traveller alive in whatever form.

Traveller Hero will also have a lot of useful material for other star hero or other hero games. granted there wont be a lot of compatibility with the Terran Empire Setting without a bit of work, but how would the malvans react to meeting the ancients?

Ideally, Traveller Hero and T5 will create the synergy that everyone is hoping will benefit both lines.

Like shadowcat, I will be buying both, partly since my Traveller history goes back to the "black box" days, and partly because some of the T5 improvements in Char-gen so farlook interesting.

We're liars!

Hi all,

Our website says that Traveller Hero is live right now, but that is NOT true. There was a bad mistake made, and it is being corrected. I will post here when it is correct (very likely to be later today).

Thanks, and I am very sorry about the misunderstanding.

William

Re: We're liars!

Hi all,

Our website says that Traveller Hero is live right now, but that is NOT true. There was a bad mistake made, and it is being corrected. I will post here when it is correct (very likely to be later today).

Thanks, and I am very sorry about the misunderstanding.

William

So... by bad mistake do you mean that TH is not live right now, or do you mean that it is not yet ready to be made live?

By posting here later do you mean that you will post later today that TH is now live and available, or do you mean that you will post that the webiste has been updated to remove the TH live announcement?

:think:

LOL...:)

I mean that there is a mistake in the products and they needed to be removed until they are fixed. The fix is quite quick and easy (as soon as our tech guy can be contacted), and it should be fixed and made live later today. I will post here to let anyone that is interested know that it is live.

William

LOL...:)

I mean that there is a mistake in the products and they needed to be removed until they are fixed. The fix is quite quick and easy (as soon as our tech guy can be contacted), and it should be fixed and made live later today. I will post here to let anyone that is interested know that it is live.

William

So... is this the later post or wil there be a later later post? :D

** Ducks back into the cockpit of his scout ship and jumps before the evil implerials can blast him ** :dyn

Hi all,

After all the delays, we are VERY happy to announce that Traveller Hero ("THero") has finally launched! The first couple of products (of what will be many, many products going forward) have been made available.

In honor of the long awaited launch of THero, we are running a sale of 20% off everything in our entire store until April 6.

You can find us at http://www.comstar-games.com Please help spread the word...:)

William

Quick question on alien races in Traveller Hero.

The Vargr have a subrace that is larger and tougher than the standard version, but the name of this subrace escapes me. Will they be included in the final version of Traveller Hero?