Dr. Destroyer

kidsavior

I just picked up Conquerors, Killers and Crooks... And WOW!!

The new Doctor is SO much tougher than before. Before he was tough, but none of my players really saw him as a massive threat, but now? Whoa boy. I'm starting a story arc with the good Doctor as the major villian and I can't wait until the big final when the heroes confront him. The first one that underestimates him is in for a BIG suprise.

So Steve and Co. good job!! CKC is a great book and all the re-writes are cool. Thanks for all the hard work. 5th is and was worth the wait.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hero or villian with the proper points spent the right way can take down almost anybody... but the same also applies to them.

That having been said, the new Dr. D. did surprise me, though. I mean, a 30d6 attack?!? A 20d6 Eb that costs 0 END? I used to think a basic 20d6 was over the top!

Re: Hmmm.

Originally posted by Patriot

With that said Agent X , I might just be able to take him

(I was kidding before)

Well after Dr. Destroyer MPAs you with his 30d6 and 20d6 attacks once or twice we'll let you know how the rest of the battle turned out when you wake up in the hospital a week later. :)

Im not that easy

30 d6 averages 100 stun

- 61 for defenses

=39-25% dr

=29 not stunned, and its my turn

1/2 moved up at a flight of 70

1/2 move down

25D6 Detonation+str and move thru damage

Last Ditch power 90 +11d6

X10 End

Note this Pc(Patriot) is semi-retired, he stays at base and answers questions to the press,and for the team.

Hes has a Disad Hatred Of Dr.D

And he has used his last ditch power a total of 5 times in 12 years,Please dont think my games are all this high powered, they are not.

Re: Hmmm.

With that said Agent X , I might just be able to take him

(I was kidding before)

25% pd/ed resistent DR

61 Res X2 hardend def

a lot of stun

And a explosion attack which can be AP

Almost a 1700 pt Pc

Cosmic level brick

Not as diverse as Superman though

THAT sounds like a mighty character.

I think it was on Natoman's temporary discussion boards where someone gave what I think was a cogent description of the threat from the new Dr. Destroyer:

The first time he encountered the Justice League, they could probably take him without too much trouble. But the second time, the Leaguers would have a major fight on their hands.

If he shows up a third time, the League had better call the Justice Society, the Titans and anyone else they can find.

Re: Im not that easy

30 d6 averages 100 stun

- 61 for defenses

=39-25% dr

1/2 move down

X10 End

Note this Pc(Patriot) is semi-retired, he stays at base and answers questions to the press,and for the team.

And he has used his last ditch power a total of 5 times in 12 years,Please dont think my games are all this high powered, they are not.

I wouldn't care if they were all that high powered. Pretty cool. I remember the old Dr. D giving our team fits. I sat down and plotted for two hours the tactics that would allow us to beat the guy, IF nobody rolled really bad.

Re: Im not that easy

30 d6 averages 100 stun

- 61 for defenses

=39-25% dr

1/2 move down

X10 End

You have a -14 OCV if you're doing a movethrough at 70". Odds are that you'll miss even with an explosion attack.

Re: Re: Im not that easy

Originally posted by Gary

You have a -14 OCV if you're doing a movethrough at 70". Odds are that you'll miss even with an explosion attack.

I get the feeling he has plenty of skill levels. Plus, if you miss by two hexes, does it really matter that much with an explosion that size?

Re: Re: Re: Im not that easy

Originally posted by Klytus

Then you don't aim for Dr. D., just the hex he's standing in.

The hex would still have a DCV 17 in such a case. Not that easy. Also, I would need info about relative dexes and speeds between the 2 to get a better idea.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Im not that easy

Originally posted by Gary

The hex would still have a DCV 17 in such a case. Not that easy. Also, I would need info about relative dexes and speeds between the 2 to get a better idea.

Would it be a DCV of 3 or 0? If you have an area affect attack the dcv at melee range is 0. Incidentally, I am about to make my 1000th post over on the Agent X thread.

Powerman could have taken a few shots from DD and it really depends on weather Destroyer rolls well with that first one. Powerman has 125 STR and a martial strike. So if he pushes his strength he gets 31d6. He has 10 pts of Defense on DD and they both have 50% damage reduction.

Neither can stun the other and in 4 shots its over for someone.