Tum, Tum, Tum!

Dust Raven

I love acronyms as much as the next guy, but isn't the Ultimate series getting a bit out of hand? It's almost as bad a Force Wall vs Find Weakness!

The Ultimate Mentalist

The Ultimate Martial Artist

The Ultimate Metamorph

The Ultimate Mystic

The Ultimate Skill

The Ultimate Speedster

The Ultimate Brick

The Ultimate Base

and so on...

How do we tell the difference between them?

Re: Tum, Tum, Tum!

Well, this section of the Hero Games FAQs contains a number of "official" abbreviations for various HG books, including the Ultimate line. Here's what it has for the various Ultimates:

TUM: The Ultimate Mentalist, Hero Games’s book of advanced rules for psionics and Mental Powers.

TUS: The Ultimate Skill, Hero Games’s book of advanced rules for Skills.

TUV: The Ultimate Vehicle, Hero Games’s book of advanced vehicle creation and use rules.

UB: The Ultimate Brick, Hero Games’s book of advanced rules for Strength and characters with high Strength.

UMA: The Ultimate Martial Artist, Hero Games’s book of advanced martial arts rules.

UMM: The Ultimate Metamorph, Hero Games’s book of advanced rules for Body-Affecting Powers and shapechanging characters.

UMY: The Ultimate Mystic, Hero Games’s book of information about and advanced rules for mysticism and magic in HERO System games.

USP: The Ultimate Speedster, Hero Games’s book of advanced rules for movement and Movement Powers.

Of course we only have a couple more Ultimates to go; then we can take the time to sort 'em all out. ;)

I couldn't tell if this was 'Tum Tum Tum' or 'Turn Turn Turn.' Turn Turn Turn would have been more interesting. :P

So how many turns does combat last in your games? It's had a habit of taking an average of 3 for the major battles in mine. Anything with agents is usually over by Segment 8 of Turn 1 though.

So how many turns does combat last in your games? It's had a habit of taking an average of 3 for the major battles in mine. Anything with agents is usually over by Segment 8 of Turn 1 though.

I find with high SPDs (almost everyone around 7+) it goes about a Turn and a half to 2 for serious super battles.