Thunderbird Questions

Corven_Ren

Re: Thunderbird Questions

Right, his whole thing was he was low end super human level in about everything, better strength, better senses, better speed, etc...but he was not the first line guy (Colossus was stronger, Nightcrawler was faster, Wolverine had better sense, etc...)

You could probably make him with 30's-35's or so across the board with physical stuff' date=' a little bit of running and leaping, a bit of armor, and a plus 3 or 4 or so on perception tests, I'd bet.[/quote']

Sounds good, probably a high end speed (6-7)*

Probably also give him a good ego & PRE (15-20), above average INT and Com (13-15 range)

With the high speed a couple of inches would go for all the movement he needed, maybe a couple inches for leaping/swimming

*Assuming guidelines in Champions

They got him pretty much right' date=' he was second fiddle to all the other x-men. I think he was created all along to get killed.[/quote']

True enough, but in my Universe he survived, and his younger brother does not have any powers. I'm still debating on which other X-Men are going to be there.

Actually, they felt Thunderbird and Wolverine were too similar, so they decided to off one of them.

Wolverine was a (slightly) established character, otherwise he could have been the one they wrote out of the series.

World could have been a very different place had Logan jumped on that plane, eh bub? ;)

Thunderbird - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_%28comics%29

Warpath - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warpath_%28comics%29

Thunderbird - Marvel Universe Database Wiki

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Thunderbird_(John_Proudstar)

Warpath (James Proundstar) - Marvel Universe Database Wiki

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Warpath

Marvel RPG.net - Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe

http://www.marvelrpg.net/

Cheers

QM

James Proudstar's stats from the TSR MSH game X-Men supplement are as follows:

Fighting Ex (Regular, formal training. Ex: Cyclops/Nightcrawler)

Agility Gd (Some training in dexterity and accuracy. Ex: Invis Woman/Colossus)

Strength In (Able to Press 10 tons, Spidey-level)

Endurance Rm (Intensive Exercise. Ex: Captain America/Cyclops)

Reason Gd (Repair and install 80's (current IOW) technology. Ex: Capt Am.)

Intuition Rm (Detective Skills or Background. Ex: Cyclops/Spider-Man)

Psyche Rm (Trained in resisting outside forces. Ex: Hulk/Mr. Fantastic)

Body Armor Gd (stops normal handguns)

Tracking Rm

He's bilingual in Apache/English, has tracking/survival/outdoor skills, American Indian history and student talents.

Fighting is the character's overall hand to hand competence. There are martial arts talents that can bump the column you roll on for different aspects of hand to hand, but James has none of those.

Agility is used to determine ranged combat hits. Again, no great shakes here.

A Hero DEX of about 18-21 is probably appropriate based on the above. SPD is probably around 4.

Strength lifting capacity is based on an overhead press, not a deadlift. So STR around 45-50 is probably appropriate.

Endurance is max 30 for a normal Human. That's why Cap is one of their examples for that level of End. In MSH, Mutants get a bonus to END, so that's why Cyclops is sitting there. Otherwise, he and Thunderbird would be sitting at EX. I'd say a RM probably rates him at 23-25 in most hero games simply because of the number of "normal" human ranges. I tend to think of them along the lines of Typical = 8, Good = 13, Ex = 18, Rm = 23, or thereabouts.

Reason in Marvel is more a measure of how good you are at manipulating technology rather than thinking ability overall.

Intuition = PER.

Combning the two, I'd give him 13 INT and a couple of overall PER levels, for an INT roll of 12- and a PER roll of 14-.

Psyche is basically EGO. His SFX for the high Psyche score is resistance to mental attacks trained by Xavier. You can go several routes with that. I'd say maybe 11-14 EGO (for the ECV levels) and either a little Mental Defense or Resistance perk levels.

Good Body Armor is enough to stop a pistol or rifle in Marvel terms, so maybe 10-15 resistant defenses.

Everything else could be bought with skills.

That's what Clairmont has always claimed.

Humm, in my world there is a team made of those that didn't quite make the cut to be X-Men, Tempest, Black Cat, Humus Sapiens, Vampyre, a few others, wonder if I should add John to that group?

I don't think he necessarily had Regen.

Of course, at 30+ REC, you basically gain back a point of BOD per day of rest so he does probably heal fast relative to a normal person still.

Hmmm...I swear I can remember an issue where T-bird is running through some woods and comes to a cliff and is thinking about jumping to prove himself. Storm stops him and asks what he is doing and he tells her can regen. She says she knows, but its not as good as Wolverines.

Then again I've hit my head a few times since then so who knows.

Hmmm...I swear I can remember an issue where T-bird is running through some woods and comes to a cliff and is thinking about jumping to prove himself. Storm stops him and asks what he is doing and he tells her can regen. She says she knows, but its not as good as Wolverines.

Then again I've hit my head a few times since then so who knows.

Actually I believe she said "His bones do not break."

James Proudstar's stats from the TSR MSH game X-Men supplement are as follows:

You do realize James is John's younger brother Warpath, right?

At present James is bigger, stronger and tougher than John ever was. He also has much more powerful enhanced senses, can fly and dual wields vibranium knives that are balanced for throwing.

It's questionable which of them is the bigger grouch though.

That said, I believe John's MSH game stats were pretty much the same as what you listed, though he had a EX (20) for Agility (or at least, in one of the books he did).

Humm' date=' in my world there is a team made of those that didn't quite make the cut to be X-Men, Tempest, Black Cat, Humus Sapiens, Vampyre, a few others, wonder if I should add John to that group?[/quote']

He would fit in that group better than the x-men....