WWYCD?: Champions Universe Zombies

starblaze

Ok, let's say that your PC is involved in protracted battle with a supervillian who either has the ability to manipulate time and dimension or has a machine that does. At the height of the battle you are find yourself transplanted to somewhere in the city. Except that the city looks really messed up. Then you see them, superheroes heading you way. You see Defender and Ironclad, you see other supers. But there's something wrong. They look messed up themselves. Their flesh seems necrotized. The flesh is rotting away and they have big holes in them.

Then suddenly they converge on you, screaming for your flesh and blood, moaning about how hungry they are. Then before they can do anything a powerful energy blast takes down the lead one. More blasts hit and eventually one hits a gas tanker causing a big explosion giving you a chance to act. The originator of the blasts and you see hovering above you is the supervillain Holocaust (insert some other powerful mutant supremist if it pleases you).

He hold his hand and says,

"Come with me if you want to live".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Zombies

Re: WWYCD?: Champions Universe Zombies

Microman II: Go with Holocaust, natch. Though why the zombies are after an android, he won't get. . . If the rest of the Sentinels are there, then priority shifts from "Find escape" to "Find cure," though.

Hermes: Has no reason to be suspicious of Holocaust, so go with him. Likewise for the rest of the team. Priority would probably be escape, though; Hermes nor the others have the right abilities to really try curing a plague.

Oh, and at some point, Aral whacks Quetzlcoatl again, as odds are, he's responsible for us getting d-dumped. ;)

Agent Spencer: Vaguely out of his depth, though his likely companions will be making all kinds of snarks. Him, well. . . "So, this world was once filled with superheroes, except they all got turned into zombies. See, this is why we try and enforce a more stable reality. . ."

Well, the "Get Home" response is natural for all my characters, so I wont waste much energy on that. But along that same topic, I've always wanted to do a Zombie Holocaust survival horror game. The problem is that these things often turn out to be the end of the world, and so it would kind of kill the campaign. I mean I could send them to another world or something, but then the default automatically becomes "Survive until we get home." and I don't want that. I'd want to do a hole up somewhere and survive as long as you can game. No hope, no cure, no going home to the alternate dimension.

Like I said, kind of brings the game to a screeching halt after that.

You see Defender and Ironclad' date=' you see other supers. But there's something wrong. They look messed up themselves. Their flesh seems necrotized. The flesh is rotting away and they have big holes in them.[/quote']How does this differ from the official Champions Universe as already written? :nonp:

• 7 months later...

Vitus : This is not good. Ordinarily the lurching dead, on Aura, whilst a serious menace could be dealt with effectively by Samurian magic and technology. I direct you here, to learn more about the Samurian Undead, and the mystic power of beer.

Vitus has learnt about free-willed undead whilst planewalking (he wasn't happy ) but this is even worse. Free-willed super-powered CONTAIGIOUS undeath?

And Vitus knows how to open dimensional doors between worlds. Holy Shitcakes Batman.

Step One : Decapitate the stupid bastard that brought us here and incinerate the remains.

Step Two : Go with the Magneto-clone to find out how the hell the plague started, is it a theological phenomenon, as on Aura, etc. Are we already infected???

Step 3 : try to hold off the zombies long enough to collapse the planet up it's own singularity. Taking us with it if neccesary. If the superzombies look like overwhelming us, blow my own head off to prevent me leading my new zombie brethren across the dimensions, as Archlich Vitus.

My characters would accept the help and try to get back - eventually. Olorin, my mad mage may be able to get back himself - depends on the Gm. We would try to "cure" the heros and maybe the world. Neither would be easy, even with Olorins large variable power pool. This would be in the catagory of "This would take a bigtime wish, which is outside his purvue." He'd try though to fix it though, esp. if he can go home on his own. And oh, we'd watch the villain closely, to see if he is good here or just desparate. Siding with him even as a villain? Greater good and all that.