Power suggestions for a "Perfect" human being

nexus

What sort of powers would be a appropriate for a human being that is "perfect" That is has reached the heights of human potential mentally and physically. Many of the Talents would work and of course high Attributes across the board but what other sorts of gimmicks and powers could help enforce the feel?

Re: Power suggestions for a "Perfect" human being

Overall levels. All skill enhancers. As you said, many talents, especally Eidetic Memory and Perfect Pitch. Probably Danger Sense.

An ability to detect when someone is lying, a power, talent,or skill; maybe a few dice telepathy with invisible power effects and "only surface thoughts."

Any of the Superskills.

50% Stun Only Damage Reduction through pain control.

Find Weakness through Super Intelligence.

All the weird options from Ultimate Skill.

1 body per hour regenerative trance (more Yoga).

1" Stretching just for Super-Escape Artistry (makes him immune to grabs and some entangles).

Immunity to Imperfection

Joking aside, on a low level scale a few extra inches of Running, Swim and Leaping maybe a bit of mental defense as well as a few Overall Skill levels or Overall CSLs.

For a High Scale I would think things like Find Weakness, Danger Sense,

Lack of Weakness and the life supports like slowed breathing and diminished eating

Take it further and there's room for Armor or Damage Reduction, Regeneration and depending on the setting maybe something like Telepathy or other Psionic powers.

I have an NPC* built on this idea. Let me see what I did...

Characteristics at human max (NCM)

Run, Leap, Swim at human max (NCM)

Full Ambidexterity

Double Jointed

Eidetic Memory

Lightning Calculator

Lightsleep

Perfect Pitch

Rapid Healing

Speed Reading (x10)

Life Support: Sleeping - Character only has to sleep 4 hours per night)

As I intended the character to be a 'max-end normal' in a supers campaign, I didn't delve into Characteristics beyond NCM or Super-skills. As I generated this character before Ultimate Skill came out, I would probably refer heavily to that book for a revised version of the character. Of the other recommendations above, Immunity to Diseases is the first one I'd consider for my own build, with Mental Defense next.

Now, if you are building a super off of that concept, then take the characteristics up to 30 (scaling the Figureds and movement likewise; i.e. to 150% numerically of NCM) and Get Happy with Super-skills. In terms of archetypes (as the Champions genre books defines them), Gadgeteer, Martial Artist, Patriot, and Weaponmaster all commend themselves; the rest seem to require something beyond 'human perfection'. (OK, maybe Mentalist... Mystic would be a stretch in terms of character concept, coming close to mixing archetypes. Powered Armor as an extension of Gadgeteer might pass muster, depending on the campaign point total; Brick, Energy Projector, Metamorph, and Speedster seem to me to be in the 'requires something more' category.)

*Oh, did I mention that the NPC is female? 'XX' being 'chromosomally perfect'...

A couple dice in Luck. Combat Luck and other Talents. At least 1pt in Mental Def. 1pt Longevity, Immunities, Extended Breathing. 1 or 2d6 HA. Martial Arts. Jack of All Trades, Linguist, Scholar, Scientist. Nightvision. Find Weakness. Lack of Weakness. Low powered Missile Deflection. +?" Running. +?" Swimming.

Grimble

The satirical action series The Destroyer had the practicioners of "Sinanju" - the "sun source" of martial arts attain what could be considered human perfection. Abilities included being pretty much unhittable in melee or ranged combat, sensory powers like being able to tell if someone is carrying a weapon merely by the way they walk and body control like being able to regulate their heartbeat, body temperature, and breathing (life support, simulate death, etc.)

An interesting disadvantage was that while their bodies could reject most poisons, they could not handle most foods that we eat. Remo Williams was once hospitalized after eating a hamburger.

Depending on how "realistic" you want to be, you could look through the Ultimate Martial Artist for ideas. Legendary martial arts masters have supposedly been able to extinguish fires, teleport, and do all sorts of other things that we would consider "unrealistic".

If you're trying to keep things more "realistic", you could always give him a huge gadget and weapon pool and mastery over all of the gadgets and weapons.

5thER' date=' 388, sidebar.[/quote']

I must have an earlier printing of 5thER... either that or I'm not associating the contents of the sidebar on that page (which, in my printing, does discuss escaping grabs) with "Immunity to Grabs" as a superskill.

I must have an earlier printing of 5thER... either that or I'm not associating the contents of the sidebar on that page (which' date=' in my printing, does discuss escaping grabs) with "Immunity to Grabs" as a superskill.[/quote']

At the GM's discretion, a stretching character can use his malleability to escape from grabs automatically. 3rd paragraph in the sidebar on p.388. If the GM chooses to allow it, it makes for a great super-skill for a yogi or kung fu master.

I have been toying with the idea of a package for humans who have had their DNA cleaned-up and bodies purified. Over the past couple of hundred years, with improved medical care, the average human lifespan has roughly doubled. Human perfection resulting in a resistance or an immunity to disease could mean another doubling or quadrupling or more of lifespan.

In game terms,

LS: Immunity to Disease

LS: Slowed Aging 200 or 400 years

CON +5

REC +5

END +20

STUN +10

30's across the board (or whatever your campaign's ultimate human maximum is) for every stat, some running/swimming/leaping, skill bonuses, and a bunch of talents (ambidexterity, lightning reflexes, eidetic memory), stuff like that. It'll eat points pretty quick.

At the GM's discretion' date=' a stretching character can use his malleability to escape from grabs automatically. 3rd paragraph in the sidebar on p.388. If the GM chooses to allow it, it makes for a great super-skill for a yogi or kung fu master.[/quote']

I saw that and failed to make the connection to a super-skill. Thanks for the spotlight!