Storn Art From Idea to Full Picture Year 4

death tribble

Re: Storn Art From Idea to Full Picture Year 4

Wow' date=' an actual vampire ninja... what's the ooint of the ninja thing with the flashlight on his chest? :D [/quote']

IIRC, the cross caused him physical pain. He wore it to remind himself of his humanity.

How about an Alchemically based archer? Y'know, magical formulas and stuff.

I'd like to see this, but I'm biased since I have an alchemist archer :D

I also like the idea of the Canadian plant character. "Major Maple Leaf, or whatever ye call yerself..."

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I should use spoiler tags here in case you are planning on ever reading the Astro City comic, but I was able to figure out the mystery pretty quick, I think two issues, so I'm just going to lay it all out for you. Read no further if you want to avoid the spoiler.

Confessor was a Catholic priest helping build a huge cathedral in Astro City in its early years. He was smitten by a young lash and eventually bitten. It turns out she was a vampire. She drained him and left him in a pile of garbage. The next evening he arose as a vampire. He immediately realized that it was his sinful nature that brought him to that point in his life and set himself to repent in what ever manner he could. Years later the first of the superheroes began to appear and he realized that there was a way for him to have human contact once again and also a way to serve. So he donned a costume - all black with a face mask; very ninja like - and on the front of it was a huge cross that caused him pain. The pain was to help him focus and forget about the hunger that he felt. He used his vampiric powers to fight crime and his base of operations was the vestry that had never been consecrated because they walled it up knowing that he was inside. He eventually got a sidekick - Altar Boy - whom he trained and challenged to find out his secret. He did and was quite torn, but in the end saw the good the vampire had done and ended up becoming the new Confessor which he found somewhat humorous as everyone still thought he was a vampire and tried to use holy water, garlic and crosses against him.

Great storyline, collected in a TBP, which I believe I have somewhere.

So... I wonder if there's another variation of the vampire priest crimefighter that would be interesting enough for a pic (to get us vaguely back on track).

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, well, since we're looking for more suggestions, how about these...

I didn't see a restriction on power armor, and there are so many out there, but I'd like to see something in power armor that's large and in charge. Instead of the usual blaster types, I'd like to see a goliath brick. A big bad with exhaust screaming out of it from the excess heat generated by its high-science generator. Large through the legs and arms but not clunky, something slick with a small head. Something anime-ish, I guess, but minus the missile launchers and giant guns, maybe in a pose like pro-wrestler. Do it up in a blue and gold color scheme or even black and purple. =) I wanna see big feet and hands, overarmored forearms, but smooth is the overall theme rather than clunky.

Or...

A super-slick character, as in slippery, a guy who moves like glass over oil. Slim, sleek, body-tight clothes with a few aerodynamic flares in a pose that makes him look like he's sliding ultra-fast over pavement or the like. A facemask with a slit visor to protect him and help him perceive the movement or at least process it. Perhaps some kind of grapple-line shooters to help him make turns by shooting out a line around a pole to make sharp turns, and traction pieces on him so that he can brake and change directions some. =) Now that I think about it, I kind of want to play this character... hmmm... just neat sfx, I guess.

Urban Elemental - Made up of concrete, asphalt, steel and glass. Spray painted graffiti here and there. Steam coming out of cracks in its body. A manhole cover. Maybe some weeds or tuffs of grass growing out of some of the cracks as well.

Urban Elemental - Made up of concrete' date=' asphalt, steel and glass. Spray painted graffiti here and there. Steam coming out of cracks in its body. A manhole cover. Maybe some weeds or tuffs of grass growing out of some of the cracks as well.[/quote']

Landfill-Man!

I was imagining something more like a street corner coming to life with part of a building, the street, maybe even a nearby car. So it has "design" and isn't just a pile of stuff.

Urban Elemental - Made up of concrete' date=' asphalt, steel and glass. Spray painted graffiti here and there. Steam coming out of cracks in its body. A manhole cover. Maybe some weeds or tuffs of grass growing out of some of the cracks as well.[/quote']

Something about this manhole cover thing got the mice running the wheels in my head... what about a Captain America variant, but rooted in the city, a vagrant or the like that has become more than just a man. With his superhuman ability, or the rekindled spirit of a gladiator of old, he takes up his mantle... except he has no money or resources, thus he dons the detritus around him. He uses a manhole cover as a shield, perhaps an old pipe as his sword, becoming the defender of the common man... only really cheesy names come to mind, but you get the picture at least. =)

I was imagining something more like a street corner coming to life with part of a building' date=' the street, maybe even a nearby car. So it has "design" and isn't just a pile of stuff.[/quote']Maybe an entire city block... then you could call him "Blockhead." ;)