Thia Halmades

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Re: HERO: Combat Evolved [Equipment Posts & Comments]

Okay.

So I've devoted ALL of my time and resources to my current campaign (to all my players: You're welcome) and let this project sit idle for a bit, which means that I'm ready to go back to it. A lot of the stuff I need to do "next" is already DONE, somewhere. I'm going to get with Aroooo to put it all together on StarHeroFanDom. I'm down to mostly "busy work" and doing my "cut & paste" enemy construction, which is something I've been dreaming about for a while now.

Once that's done, it'll be ready for Beta. Sorry this has taken so long, but being me, I take on too many projects at once and then let them sit for extended periods of time. I'm not promising anything, but you should see new material inside of two weeks.

Actually. Keep it up and then some, because I just remembered something.

Next fall I'm (almost definitely) going to be pausing my current Fantasy campaign in lieu of something that can be run for a shorter period. The reason being that one of my current players will be studying abroad during that term, and that I (hopefully) will be in South America during the second term. Thus I'm looking for something I can run from August to December, start to finish.

I'm going to offer my players a number of options through a teaser text document that is a one paragraph "sell" of the campaigns I'm willing to run.

One will be Halo.

So, what thoughts do we have on the post-Halo 3 environment? I'd imagine significant tensions between the humans and the Covenant, while the Covenant are still fighting at least some loyalist elements back home. Groups on both sides will want to resume the conflict for various reasons. There is apparently at least one ring in which the Flood have escaped containment. There are other rings to find...

Why is Lord Hood called Lord Hood? What exactly is the structure of human society at this point? Now that the Covenant are ceasing their aggressions (for now, at least) will humanity begin to rebuild under this unified leadership that has developed in the face of extinction, or will old divisions emerge?

Where did the Flood come from? What other races/mysteries are referenced or could be invented?

Somewhere... you'll have to dig it up or have QM dig it up (or Lord Liaden; either of them are super-wizards with finding old material on the boards) I wrote an entire compressed story arc that sets up "my vision" of V+20yrs; V for Victory, that is. In other words, I don't generally recommend running "in the same time" as the HALO saga itself. It's a closed ended arc; but seeing what happens "after" is pretty much why I wrote this. Anyway, there's a whole pre-written adventure (by yours truly) that is on these very boards. I thread-killed with the completeness of it. ;)

Nah... dammit. What was it? Someone posted a "write a con game" type of thread and that's when it came up. So I wrote a good 10 - 15 entries on a full con plot, in distinct sections. It was certainly HALO based, I know that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, lots of thoughts. I'm going to try to type something up, and then of course I'll send you a copy. Can't post it, since one of my players has finally begun to nose around the boards (which is a good thing! I'll just miss my days of posting impunity...).

• 3 months later...

Bump:

I just read through every part of this thread again, since I'm designing characters for my upcoming Halo campaign.

Here's some suggestions, Thia, that will allow you to make yourself feel productive in five minutes (if you wish for that warm glow of satisfaction with little work)-

-Edit the first page and update it with the Proto-hunter, Scarab, Wraith, Prowler, Unggoy, and Sanghelli files. They are close to the end of the thread and not brought back to the first page, like most everything else.

Perhaps in a month or so I'll be posting characters for review... I've got a good chunk of the team's demo guy done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, maybe you've run into this before, but here's a link to the Lego HALO Forum at a Lego fan-site.

http://outsidethebrick.com/forums//index.php?showforum=15

I know it does have anything to do with Thia's ongoing project... it at least seemed topical and just kinda cracked me up.

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...

I don't know who has gotten what use out of this material up to this point; I need to reorg it and place it on a master server (most like starherofandom) and I will also need to roll it all over to 6th Ed (whee...)

Meanwhile, I've fallen behind as I haven't played the new RTS (meh) but I will more than likely purchase, play, beat and discard ODST. Which means we'll have new gear to roll out. So look out for that in the coming months.

heh. i've gotten some use out of it, although i never have actually used for a game, as it wasn't really finished enough for my purposes (plan was to do a Covenant campaign but that stuff is not as finished as the rest) and i just haven't had time to finish it. if you ever get it all collected, that would be awesome, as its about the only Sci-Fi game i can interest my wife in other than Star Wars (although we are in the planning stages of a homebrew :D)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Thia, although my group is not actualy playing a Halo campaign, we are still going to make extensive use of everything you've posted, great work!!

Did you ever write up MJOLNIR Armor? If you did I missed it.

Anyway, great work!

God Bless!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow. Just realized how old this thread is.

A: Not all of the ships are finished, but me 5+ years of experience later would likely redesign it all anyway. Oh, wicked, wicked, irony. What's the demand level for HALO: Combat Evolved 6th Ed?