Character: Socially Conscious Man!

OddHat

Re: Character: Socially Conscious Man!

So, basically, SCM expects the public to be educated and vigilant, and elected officials to be honest and accountable.

Yeah, lemme know how that works out for ya. :D

Urges, not expects. Socially Conscious Man is compassionate and idealistic, not clinically insane. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Socially Conscious Man rocks. I hope he seems himself as just one socially conscious individual, rather than the only socially conscious man. I am sure he does as SCM would fully understand that others are also striving to be socially conscious. In fact, would not Socially Conscious Man have positive and encouraging thoughts about others striving to be socially conscious :D

Y'know, you could get a few more points for SCM by taking Hunted (More Powerful, NCI, Harsh): Conservative and Corporate Bloggers. I mean, he's gonna get vilified by them anyway, may as well take the points.

I love this character, Socially Conscious Man would make a wonderful supervillian!

"You come home to your rundown apartment. Only to find that it is no longer there. In its place is a beautiful modern skyscraper. It takes you awhile to figure out where one of these luxarous rooms belongs to you. But, when you arrive, all you stuff is there, right where you left it (relatively speaking). You wonder if somehow this is all just a dream until you find a note on the door...

'Due to the recent renovations, your rent will now increase to reasonable marketvalue of its worth. If you are unable to be last month's rent and this month's new rent by the end of the month, we regret to inform you that this will be a breach of contract and that this will serve as your eviction notice.'

Great, hundreds of new apartments and no one who can afford to live in them."

And I haven't even gotten started with all the other "quick-fix" solutions.

The police being unable to arrest anybody, "What did he look like?" "Man, don't judge, we're all God's children." "Was he male?" "I don't know, I wasn't planning on dating him or her." :eg:

Great character. And the powerset, while tounge in cheek, does show just how much a 100 pt cosmic pool can do if a player wanted to think outside the combat box. Love it.

Oh and to be slightly off topic

0 8) Save the World: Healing BODY 1d6, Can Heal Limbs, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), BOD, COM, INT, STR simultaneously (+1), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Continuous (+1), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (97 Active Points) Real Cost: 97 Note: Covering a smaller area than most of Socially Conscious Man's powers, Save the World merely heals everyone in a thousand kilometers 0

I actully used something like this on a much smaller scale. My character had a 30 pt cosmic (IIRC). One of the team had been shot in secret ID, and was in the hospital - and the team didn't want to destroy his cover, so my PC went in, and used a small area of effect, and healed everyone in the hospital, rather than just the PC. :) (this was fourth, so we just had an area of effect Regen).

Great character. And the powerset' date=' while tounge in cheek, does show just how much a 100 pt cosmic pool can do if a player wanted to think outside the combat box. Love it.[/quote']

Thanks. As GMs we're sometimes so used to looking for ways to limit, restrict and generally nerf powers like Transform and frameworks like VPP that we forget just how much they can actually do within the rules, especially outside of combat.

I actully used something like this on a much smaller scale. My character had a 30 pt cosmic (IIRC). One of the team had been shot in secret ID, and was in the hospital - and the team didn't want to destroy his cover, so my PC went in, and used a small area of effect, and healed everyone in the hospital, rather than just the PC. :) (this was fourth, so we just had an area of effect Regen).

Cool use of the power. :)

I love this character, Socially Conscious Man would make a wonderful supervillian!

"You come home to your rundown apartment. Only to find that it is no longer there. In its place is a beautiful modern skyscraper. It takes you awhile to figure out where one of these luxarous rooms belongs to you. But, when you arrive, all you stuff is there, right where you left it (relatively speaking). You wonder if somehow this is all just a dream until you find a note on the door...

'Due to the recent renovations, your rent will now increase to reasonable marketvalue of its worth.

That would only happen if it was an isolated instance. If he improved housing on a massive scale the market valuation of a domicile of a given level of quality would go downward because of the increase in supply.

That would only happen if it was an isolated instance. If he improved housing on a massive scale the market valuation of a domicile of a given level of quality would go downward because of the increase in supply.

Eventually.

WHEN the perceived value went down. OTOH, while people kept being willing to pay the higher price, the price would remain elevated.

Captain Apathy' date=' Ennui Woman and their henchman Status Quo have a Megascale UAA Power Defense device. They call it "The Television!" Socially Conscious Man has met his match.[/quote']

Otherwise known as the boob tube. :D