Black Lagoon HERO

Susano

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Black Lagoon HERO

I was sent some suggestions for edits, and will probably implement them. So stay tuned to the website for news of the updates, I won't be reposted them all here (that's just way too much work!).

Didn't Roberta actually manage to hit Revy with a bullet during their big throwdown?

Maybe, but I had to ignore that. You try to account for that fight scene and everything goes to heck. I mean, the fist fight lasts for 20 of Balalaika's cigars!

Maybe' date=' but I had to ignore that. You try to account for that fight scene and everything goes to heck. I mean, the fist fight lasts for 20 of Balalaika's cigars![/quote']

True, I assumed allot of them glaring at each other panting and bloodied but refusing to call it quits (IE: both of them taking recoveries in Hero terms. :D)

True' date=' I assumed allot of them glaring at each other panting and bloodied but refusing to call it quits (IE: both of them taking recoveries in Hero terms. :D)[/quote']

There's an awful lot of shooting in which things explode but our two warrior women aren't even scratched. And considering how strong Roberta is shown to be, Revy should have been flattened in just a punch or two.

Yeah, I know, it's was somewhat amusing, but (IMO) threw the power scale off.

There's an awful lot of shooting in which things explode but our two warrior women aren't even scratched. And considering how strong Roberta is shown to be, Revy should have been flattened in just a punch or two.

Yeah, I know, it's was somewhat amusing, but (IMO) threw the power scale off.

I was referring to the their "Let 'em get it out of their system" fist fight more then a running gun battle among the trailers,

You consider those the same battle?

To be honest. I wrote off that entire sequence. I watched it (twice) and said "forget it." It just didn't fit (for the most part) with everything else. To much GM handwaving so certain characters wouldn't get killed.

Incredible work, Susano!

You've got a mini-sourcebook here. If you could get the BL license and a Hero license, you'd be sitting on a gold mine.

Keith "Well, I'd buy a copy, anyway" Curtis

PS. I'm not sure Revy's ability to use her DCV levels requires a half move. Aren't there lots of scenes of her just standing there, evading bullets by her sheer badass-ness.

Keith "I've got a big gun/I took it from my lord" Curtis

To be honest. I wrote off that entire sequence. I watched it (twice) and said "forget it." It just didn't fit (for the most part) with everything else. To much GM handwaving so certain characters wouldn't get killed.

I can understand that entire. I've run into the same thing when trying to convert characters from fiction, especially very cinemetic fiction. There's some events and circumstances you have to write off as "that happened because the writer said so" or you'll go nuts. You're really put an incredible amout of work into these write ups though, thanks again!

Incredible work, Susano!

You've got a mini-sourcebook here. If you could get the BL license and a Hero license, you'd be sitting on a gold mine.

Keith "Well, I'd buy a copy, anyway" Curtis

PS. I'm not sure Revy's ability to use her DCV levels requires a half move. Aren't there lots of scenes of her just standing there, evading bullets by her sheer badass-ness.

Keith "I've got a big gun/I took it from my lord" Curtis

Thanks!

I'll be posting some updates to the characters to my website, so check there for time to time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched the dubs yet but I have watched all of the extras on the second disk of the limited edition. The voice actor for Dutch seems pretty good, I didn't hear Benny enough to form an opinion, ditto with Rock. I am not sure I'll like the voice of Revvy, the voice actress seems a bit too soft, not fanatic enough.

I have noticed that if I see the sub of an anime first it really makes an impression about the voices. The dubs never seem quite right after that. But if I listen to a dub as my first viewing of an anime that isn't as much of a problem. First impressions are important.

Having the music video of Red Faction by MELL is nice.