Ultimate Martial Arts - revised

quozaxx

Re: Ultimate Martial Arts - revised

Actually, before it was mentioned. I've never even looked at Ninja Hero. Now I may just have to put it on my wish list. :thumbup: However, I was more interested in the martial art by martial arts listing that The Ultimate Martial Artist has. I recently lost my book (along with alot of other books {long story})

Stores are out and the only edition available on Hero Games is the damaged one (how damaged is damaged anyways?) and the PDF file. Which I may consider.

But... If there is any possiblity of revising The Ultimate Martial Artist.... I'd rather wait for it to come out. I really just wanted to know if Hero Games was even considering that, and what others think about a revised version. If enough people are interested....You get my point.

Quozaxx

Stores are out and the only edition available on Hero Games is the damaged one (how damaged is damaged anyways?) and the PDF file. Which I may consider.
Damaged can be as bad as bent way out of shape and scratches on it; however, I order Damaged books whenever possible because the worst I've received was a slightly dented cover. Generally, what HERO Games referrs to as "Damaged" is the same quality (and sometimes better) as the wear-and-tear you see on store shelves. I've received a few books where I had to look over more than twice to find the damaged area.

Damaged can be as bad as bent way out of shape and scratches on it; however' date=' I order Damaged books whenever possible because the worst I've received was a slightly dented cover. Generally, what HERO Games referrs to as "Damaged" is the same quality (and sometimes better) as the wear-and-tear you see on store shelves. I've received a few books where I had to look over more than twice to find the damaged area.[/quote']

I've had worse luck, but only one was worse off that what It would look like after 6 months under my ownership. The one worse had an obvious razor cut across the cover, not all the way through, about 1/2 the cover in depth...

To the extent I'd like to revise UMA, it would mostly involve re-organizing and rewriting it (or parts of it) to make it more like our more recent Ultimate books (TUM, UMM, USP, and so on) in terms of chapter order, materials presented, layout, and so on. That would probably involve swiping a bit of material from NH in terms of example powers.

However, an UMA-R is not likely to happen because we wouldn't sell enough of them to justify the work, resources, and printing costs. Unlike Champions, which is what we call an "evergreen" product (meaning that it keeps selling at a pretty steady and reasonable pace, long after its date of publication), UMA sold well early on and then fairly quickly dropped off (which is the way of most supplements). Most people who want one, have one, and our minimum print order would take up warehouse space and tie up cash for literally years, probably decades, at the rate the book was last selling. Even if we wanted to do it as some sort of print-on-demand thing, it's still not worth my time compared to producing a new book.

But never say never. At some point it may become feasible.

To the extent I'd like to revise UMA' date=' it would mostly involve re-organizing and rewriting it (or parts of it) to make it more like our more recent Ultimate books (TUM, UMM, USP, and so on) in terms of chapter order, materials presented, layout, and so on. That would probably involve swiping a bit of material from NH in terms of example powers.[/quote']

I'd love to be able to do the same for Ninja Hero, to make it match the newer xyz Hero books (specifically Fantasy Hero and Dark Champions).

To the extent I'd like to revise UMA, it would mostly involve re-organizing and rewriting it (or parts of it) to make it more like our more recent Ultimate books (TUM, UMM, USP, and so on) in terms of chapter order, materials presented, layout, and so on. That would probably involve swiping a bit of material from NH in terms of example powers.

However, an UMA-R is not likely to happen because we wouldn't sell enough of them to justify the work, resources, and printing costs. Unlike Champions, which is what we call an "evergreen" product (meaning that it keeps selling at a pretty steady and reasonable pace, long after its date of publication), UMA sold well early on and then fairly quickly dropped off (which is the way of most supplements). Most people who want one, have one, and our minimum print order would take up warehouse space and tie up cash for literally years, probably decades, at the rate the book was last selling. Even if we wanted to do it as some sort of print-on-demand thing, it's still not worth my time compared to producing a new book.

Just want to say that I'd be near the front of the line for a revised TUMA with the above-mentioned features. I know that won't make a difference in the decision, but it's something. :)

That's too bad. UMA is, in my opinion, the one book other than the main rulebook that is absolutely essential to running HERO System campaigns.

Perhaps after enough time has passed, and enough new people have come into the game, the interest would be sufficient to warrant doing this.

I wonder how close we are to that point? Methinks I smell a poll coming on. :sneaky:

I'm thinking 2010 or 2011 might be a good time for this, especially if there's a surge of popularity in both the Hero System and martial arts adventures along the way for some reason.