Gestalt Now Available In Color

Balabanto

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gestalt Now Available In Color

Just got the B&W version' date=' it is really great without color. I guess Today's rolegamers can't even imagine their characters's costumes anymore if they can't see it in color.[/quote']

Actually, I can go either way. But the color is nice. And if Scott and Blackwyrm get a little more for the color version, I was happy to buy it.

Fun to read.

I assume there will be a villains style book? I noticed that Dr. Power and the Tyranny League were not written up. :)

Actually, I can go either way. But the color is nice. And if Scott and Blackwyrm get a little more for the color version, I was happy to buy it.

Fun to read.

I assume there will be a villains style book? I noticed that Dr. Power and the Tyranny League were not written up. :)

Dr. Power and the Tyranny League weren't there because the book would have felt too "top-heavy"; it might have been less useful to GMs starting a campaign if the book only included the heavyweights of the campaign.

Future books depend on the sales. If Gestalt manages to do really well over the next 3-4 months, I'll start commissioning some character art for the League, Power, and the others I have in mind for the book (plus anyone whom gamers would really like to see). If sales taper off, I'll post the stats on the BlackWyrm site.

We don't. It costs a lot more to print a 400-page color book.

Well Poo.

Dr. Power and the Tyranny League weren't there because the book would have felt too "top-heavy"; it might have been less useful to GMs starting a campaign if the book only included the heavyweights of the campaign.

Future books depend on the sales. If Gestalt manages to do really well over the next 3-4 months, I'll start commissioning some character art for the League, Power, and the others I have in mind for the book (plus anyone whom gamers would really like to see). If sales taper off, I'll post the stats on the BlackWyrm site.

I hope for brisk sales!

By the way...Scott, I love the package deals. I was looking for very similar things for my Fantasy Deity aspects.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Thanks for the info. Now' date=' decision making time.[/quote']

Okay, I bit the bullet. Hopefully I'll see the product in a few days.

Shipping was pretty steep and the check-out was not a bug-free process, but hopefully the book will be well worth it.

BC

I haven't heard of any problems with checkout before. What went wrong?

My process went like this (I'm kinda doing this from memory):

1. Click on the "Buy Color Book", get taken to Lulu web site

2. Click on "Add Book", and get taken to a shopping cart page

3. Click on "Save and Continue", and get a "Please sign in to continue" message

4. Provide an email address and fill in the "create password"/"confirm password" sections

5. The next page is almost blank and says "Database error" with a link to go back to the shopping cart.

I tried it a coupl'a times, and had the same result both times.

I figured it was probably barfing on the insert of a new user, so I tried creating my userid through the site registration process. After that I was fine.

This isn't intended as kvetching; I hope it helps to track down any bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My monies ran out... I can't even get the B&W right now. :(

But later this month... oh yeah, one of the two versions will be mine.

Does this have a place in the review queue yet?

I'm guessing even you can't review a book you don't have—although you must be using all the XPs for reviewing these books on something.

Does this have a place in the review queue yet?

I'm guessing even you can't review a book you don't have—although you must be using all the XPs for reviewing these books on something.

Dave sent me a copy of the PDF to Review. Dave is cool like that.

(and I spend all my XPs on more CDs)

I don't have this product yet, I'm hoping to get the pdf in the next couple of weeks (when I can get access to a broadband conection - YES, I'm still using dial-up, well at least until Christmas)

I was wondering how well the characters would translate to a standard CHAMPIONS campaign. I've been thinking of creating some Gestalt-style characters based on mythic beings or gods (basically avatars) but decided to put this off until the Gestalt book was available to see how it's done.

I really couldn't be doing with starting a brand new campaign on a brand new world after all the work I've put into building my own world over the past couple of decades, however I have frequent adventures to other dimensions and alternate Earths. This is why I was wondering if the Gestalt characters could translate well into a Champions campaign.

Thank you.

I really couldn't be doing with starting a brand new campaign on a brand new world after all the work I've put into building my own world over the past couple of decades, however I have frequent adventures to other dimensions and alternate Earths. This is why I was wondering if the Gestalt characters could translate well into a Champions campaign.

Thank you.

They're quirky, but if you traat "psionically empowered by the human collective iunconscious" as just another origin in your campaign, they'd translate well to a traditional game. Some of the odder archetypes (Food, Commerce) may be a little off-putting in a standard supers game, but they're easily ignored.

... "psionically empowered by the human collective iunconscious" as just another origin in your campaign' date=' they'd translate well to a traditional game...[/quote']

Cool, you've just given me an idea on how to do the "Spirit of London" NPC I was designing. Oh course I'll need to buy your book now... damn it I fell right into your cunning trap... curses! :-)

Thanks for your quick response.

Cool, you've just given me an idea on how to do the "Spirit of London" NPC I was designing. Oh course I'll need to buy your book now... damn it I fell right into your cunning trap... curses! :-)

Thanks for your quick response.

Yup, them Canadians are sneaky like that.

I have finally finished reading mine cover-to-cover, it was well worth the price I paid for it I think. I love it. Honestly :)

A couple of things:

Scott/Dave/Whoever - next time you have something coming out, please let me proofread it. I've noticed typos, repeated text, missing words, layout issues (mainly with using both sidebars on the same page and he binding making the 'inside' sidebar almost unreadable) and so on. Feel free to send a PM or email about it (don't want clog up the boards with nitty gritty details).

Also to see how Gestalt-type characters might work in in a standard superheroic setting, you don't really need to look further than DC's Legion of Superheroes. Cosmic Boy = Gestalt of Magnetism, Brainiac 5 = Gestalt of Intellignece and so on.