What a drag!

Great Beyond

So last weekend, my poor abused archer Scarlet used her suction cup arrow (bascily a big plunger arrow on a line leading back to her - a 50 strength TK useable only to pull an object towards her) to suction cup a arch villian's mech that was about to kick in the rocket boosters and get away from the scene. The intent wasnt so much to hold it back but to get dragged along when it flew away.

But that's not really the spirit of Telekinsis, is it? Fortuatly it wasnt an issue since the flight boots were knocked out next round (and thank goodness, considering I've have no idea what to do once the mech got to wherever it was going), but for the future - I might want to sort out these little details.

Anyone got good suggestions on how to model a "being dragged behind a Rocket/speed boat/Truck full of Nazis carrying the lost ark/whathaveyou" power? A modifier to add to the TK, perhaps, that I've overlooked?

Re: What a drag!

So last weekend, my poor abused archer Scarlet used her suction cup arrow (bascily a big plunger arrow on a line leading back to her - a 50 strength TK useable only to pull an object towards her) to suction cup a arch villian's mech that was about to kick in the rocket boosters and get away from the scene. The intent wasnt so much to hold it back but to get dragged along when it flew away.

But that's not really the spirit of Telekinsis, is it? Fortuatly it wasnt an issue since the flight boots were knocked out next round (and thank goodness, considering I've have no idea what to do once the mech got to wherever it was going), but for the future - I might want to sort out these little details.

Anyone got good suggestions on how to model a "being dragged behind a Rocket/speed boat/Truck full of Nazis carrying the lost ark/whathaveyou" power? A modifier to add to the TK, perhaps, that I've overlooked?

I think a limited form of stretching would work best here.

Ah, phooey. Both the stretching and the Clinging wont fit in the Arrow Multipower, thanks to the Real Weapon limitation I've got on the pool - at least according to the Hero Designer, that is.

Oh - wait. It lets you do Linked powers into a pool (for some reason I was under the impression that it wouldnt). Ok, that'll work then.

Well, while stretching would be the most correct power for this, as a GM I would have had no problem with your character being lifted and dragged along. It is certainly within the spirit of both the special effect and the genre. :)

Once upon a time, Entangle had an optional dragline built into the power. That is, you could choose whether the target of the Entangle was tied up by the entangle and connected to you by a line of the Entangling material, or not.

Wonder if there's an adder for that these days? Because Entangle with "Won't prevent movement" and the tow-line adder would be very popular, I imagine.

This is almost exactly how I've built this. Not sure if this was lifted from someone else though.

2u 13) Suction-Cup Arrow: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 24 Real Cost) Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points) (Real Cost: 5) plus Stretching 2", x8 Noncombat, 3 Recoverable Continuing Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (+0), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); Limited Body Parts (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Range Modifier Applies (-1/4) (Real Cost: 14) plus Swinging 3", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (4 Active Points) (Real Cost: 2) plus +2 Skill Levels with Acrobatics, Breakfall, Climbing (6 Active Points) (Real Cost: 3)