Most common super hero jobs

JmOz

Re: Most common super hero jobs

Professor must be one of them. And Doctor.

Good 2

1) Education (Students, profesors, Teachers, etc)

2) Doctor

3) Wealthy (Aka Playboy, dilitante, rich)

4) Journalist

5) Scientist, Inventor

6) Lawyer

7) Diplomat/Politician/Royalty

8) Medical Doctor

9) Law Enforcment/military

10) Artistic

------

When we get to 10 we will edit as more appropriate comes up, maybe combining some as we did with Scientist/Inventor if they seem similar enough

If we talk about source materials, I will list what I remember from DC and Marvel:

1. Reporter - Superman, Spider-man (photographer), The Question.
  2. Independently Wealthy - Batman, Green Arrow, Iron Man
  3. Scientist - Flash (Barry Allen and Jay Garick
  4. Police Officer - Specter, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter
  5. Engineer - Green Lantern (Alan Scott and John Stewrd
  6. Lawyer - DareDevil, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
  7. Military Officer - Green Lantern (Hal Jorden), Captain Atom, Captain America
  8. Artist - Green Lantern/Ion (Kyle ??), Sentry.
  9. Professional Hero - Booster Gold,
  10. Medical Doctor - Dr. Midnight, Dr. Strange, Thor

This is far from a scientific 'survey' of the characters 'Jobs'

Other Positions held in the Comic books include National Ruler (Namor and the Earth One Aquaman, GeoForce).

Test Pilot - Originally Hal Jordan and Ben Grim in the 616 universe.

Student - Spider-man (for a time), Firestorm (other half whos name escapes me)

That is all I could think of at this time.

Okay enough from the peanut gallery.

Guy was a lawyer?! I'm almost afraid to ask in what specialty...:nonp:

She-Hulk was a lawyer as well.

He was originally a defense lawyer when he was made Hal's backup, but an attack against the ring it self caused brain damage. He refers to being a lawyer previously, but I do believe that he is presently a restaurateur (he is trying to up grade his business)

Student belongs in the top ten. It includes every single teen hero ever at one point or another, from Robin and Superboy onwards.

Hal Jordan was a test pilot for a private company, not the air force. (It would seem logical that he could have been in the air force at one point, though.)

Guy Gardner was originally a high school teacher.

I would drop artist from the top ten, and replace it with student. If we needed another slot, we could probably amalgamate engineer with scientist. Not strictly accurate, but near enough for our purposes.

Other candidates: law enforcement (Morningstar of the Elementals), soldier/military (Steve Rogers in wartime, Bucky in wartime, Nick Fury), industrialist (Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Reed Richards), pilot (Ben Grimm, Johnny Storm), teacher (X-men, Peter Parker), child/student (New Mutants, Power Pack, Peter Parker, Monolith, various Marvels, some versions of Johnny Storm), artificial being.

Student belongs in the top ten. It includes every single teen hero ever at one point or another, from Robin and Superboy onwards.

Hal Jordan was a test pilot for a private company, not the air force. (It would seem logical that he could have been in the air force at one point, though.)

I would drop artist from the top ten, and replace it with student. If we needed another slot, we could probably amalgamate engineer with scientist. Not strictly accurate, but near enough for our purposes.

As far as Guy Gardner Goes, It is from the continuity just before the last crisis (In Emerald Dawn I believe, Guy shows up as a defense lawyer for Hal Jorden, This is not the Original story line but near present or present continuity). Also Hal Jorden in the present continuity is a US Air Force Officer and his commanders know his secret.

(They change back stories over at DC faster then some people change their furnace filter.)

As far as Guy Gardner Goes, It is from the continuity just before the last crisis (In Emerald Dawn I believe, Guy shows up as a defense lawyer for Hal Jorden, This is not the Original story line but near present or present continuity). Also Hal Jorden in the present continuity is a US Air Force Officer and his commanders know his secret.

(They change back stories over at DC faster then some people change their furnace filter.)

IIRC Guy shows up as a social worker, then a coach, not a lawyer. The story you are thinking of was when he was a caseworker

If we talk about source materials, I will list what I remember from DC and Marvel:

1. Reporter - Superman, Spider-man (photographer), The Question.
  2. Independently Wealthy - Batman, Green Arrow, Iron Man
  3. Scientist - Flash (Barry Allen and Jay Garick
  4. Police Officer - Specter, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter
  5. Engineer - Green Lantern (Alan Scott and John Stewrd
  6. Lawyer - DareDevil, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
  7. Military Officer - Green Lantern (Hal Jorden), Captain Atom, Captain America
  8. Artist - Green Lantern/Ion (Kyle ??), Sentry.
  9. Professional Hero - Booster Gold,
  10. Medical Doctor - Dr. Midnight, Dr. Strange, Thor

This is far from a scientific 'survey' of the characters 'Jobs'

Other Positions held in the Comic books include National Ruler (Namor and the Earth One Aquaman, GeoForce).

Test Pilot - Originally Hal Jordan and Ben Grim in the 616 universe.

Student - Spider-man (for a time), Firestorm (other half whos name escapes me)

That is all I could think of at this time.

Okay enough from the peanut gallery.

Doctor is good,

Military, cop, and detective seems to be similar to me, probably good for one line

Artist is good, likely to be in, thinking it could be more inclusive (Artist, Performers, etc...)

Engineer I would include under Scientist, and For the record John Stewart was an arcitect

Agreed on Student, but think it cna be combined with teacher/profesor for a basic Education line

Lawyer' date=' and Politician/Royalty (Reporter already on list) added[/quote']

Medical doctor. Comic book writers feel compelled to give almost every superhero with a "doctor" in his name an actual doctorate. Doctor Strange, Doctor Druid, Doctor Mid-Nite, Thor, Doc Samson, Doctor David Banner (from the TV series)

Archaeologist. It's out of style now but at one time digging up magic gimcracks in ruins was an acceptable origin for a superhero. Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, Hawkman for example.

Good 2

1) Education (Students, profesors, Teachers, etc)

2) Doctor

3) Wealthy (Aka Playboy, dilitante, rich)

4) Journalist

5) Scientist, Inventor

6) Lawyer

7) Diplomat/Politician/Royalty

8) Medical Doctor

9) Law Enforcment/military

10) Artistic

------

When we get to 10 we will edit as more appropriate comes up, maybe combining some as we did with Scientist/Inventor if they seem similar enough

here is the current list, I'm wondering if Archeologist should be addded or not, probably with Museam curator , but not sure what would be removed or combined for it

Top 10 Villain Careers:

1. Career criminal.

2. Potentate/democratic president for life/national leader.

3. Religious figure/god/sorcerer.

4. World conqueror.

5. Terrorist.

6. Clown.

7. Ecologist.

8. Inventor.

9. Game manufacturer/toy maker/puppeteer/clock maker-repairman.

10. Cable guy.

I doubt is common but one of my players in a very light hearted champions game was one of the guys that re-fills vending machines. and his super hero was "The Vendor" who essentialy had a multipower of soda can powers inc. flash of sight (soda stream in eyes), Energy Blast (Shaken up cans thrown at people) and so on.

Another in the same game was a chinese ice cream stand owner who spoke out if sync and was hunted by "random people" 14- essentualy he may be selling ice cremes in the park then a random guy walking near there might pull out an uzi and shoot him, most likly also out of sync in a very dodgy martial arts movie kind of way.

Professional Hero: The Whole Legion of Super Heroes, Wolverine

Independently wealthy: add the Wasp to that list

Inventor: Hank Pym

Entertainer: Dazzler

Resistance Fighter: Anybody from the future or another dimension seems to have started out their career as a resistance fighter.