7 REC 2

30 END 0

30 STUN 4 Total Characteristic Cost: 126

Movement:

Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

40 Mental Energy: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) (40 Active Points)

25 Psychic Awareness: Elemental Control, 50-point powers

35 1) Mind Scanning : Mind Scan 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points) 6

25 2) Psionic Defense Reflex: Ego Attack 2d6 (Human class of minds), Damage Shield (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (50 Active Points) 5

72 Psychic Warrior: Multipower, 90-point reserve, (90 Active Points); all slots Visible (-1/4)

4u 1) Mental Healing: Healing INT or EGO 4d6, either Characteristic one at a time (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) 5

6u 2) Mind Lance Pulse: Ego Attack 3d6 (Human class of minds), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (75 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) 7

3u 3) Mind Lance: Ego Attack 4d6 (Human class of minds) (40 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) 4

4u 4) Psychic Siege: Drain Mental Defense 2d6, Ranged (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (50 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) 5

5u 5) Telepathic Shriek: Ego Attack 4d6 (Human class of minds), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) 9

75 Telepathic Savant: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Rapid Telepathy: Telepathy 6d6 (Human class of minds), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (75 Active Points) 7

7u 2) Telepathic Cacophany: Telepathy 8d6 (Human class of minds), Area Of Effect Nonselective (4" Radius; +3/4) (70 Active Points) 7

7u 3) Telepathic Overwhelm: Telepathy 10d6 (Human class of minds), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (75 Active Points) 7

7u 4) Telepathy: Telepathy 13d6 (Human and Alien classes of minds) (75 Active Points) 7

4u 5) Universal Mental Link II: Mind Link , Human and Alien classes of minds, Any Willing Target, Number of Minds (x8) (40 Active Points)

Extra Sensory Powers

3 1) Awareness: +1 PER with all Sense Groups

20 2) Discern Psychic Weakness: Find Weakness 11- with for all Mental Powers

37 3) Psi Stalker: Detect Minds 14-/13- (Mental Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Sense, Targeting, Tracking

17 4) Psychic Translator: Universal Translator 18- (25 Active Points); Must Involve Minds (-1/2)

Psionic Defenses

31 1) Group Shields: Mental Defense (46 points total), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (46 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 5

13 2) Mental Bastion: Power Defense (20 points) (20 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (attacks versus, or involving, mental/psionic powers; -1/2)

30 3) Mental Invulnerability: Mental Damage Reduction, 50%

20 4) Mind Shield (Personal): +20 Mental Defense (46 points total)

Talents

6 Missed me by that much!: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

5 Criminology 14-

3 Forensic Medicine 13-

3 Language: French (fluent conversation; literate)

2 PS: EMT 11-

7 Paramedics 15-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Human Biology (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) KS: International Law And Law Enforcement (3 Active Points) 13-

1 3) KS: Psionic Etiquette (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) KS: Superpowers (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: Supervillains (3 Active Points) 13-

1 6) KS: The Psionic World (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Medicine 13- (3 Active Points)

1 2) SS: Psionics 11- (2 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Surgery 13- (3 Active Points)

3 WF: Small Arms, Knives

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 547

Total Cost: 672

200+ Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Psionic Aura (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Hunted: Alien Slavers 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: Wants to make a difference (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Team/Friends (Common, Strong)

387 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 672

Background/History:

True Background Unknown

Honor Guard Back ground:

Felicia Keyes was a bit disappointed that she didn't get picked for the final team in WildGuard, Casting Call. Though she acquitted herself well in the two combats she was in, she simply didn't have enough exposure to be the "People's Choice" and her capture by the aliens in the first melee left her off the producers' roster.

Heading back to New Orleans, where she had begun her career, she detected unusual mental signatures periodically. Enough so that she guessed that they were following her. She ignored them while she was on the plane, no sense in subjecting the passengers to a possible superhero battle. But once she left the airport and still could detect them nearby, she reached out, found them, and confronted them.

Who are you? What do you want? She demanded.

Please, do not be alarmed, a woman's voice replied, You were not chosen for that WildGuard team, but you're performance didn't go unnoticed.

I see. Psi Mistress said, And you have come to offer me a place on your team, is that it?

Indeed, said one of the other voices, a male, You have great power and a bright spirit, we could use someone like you.

Right, said the last voice, also male, Especially since all of our telepaths seem to die.

Oh Hush, Dr. Pierce, Said the female voice, Will you listen to our offer?

Yes, said Psi Mistress.

The compound was impressive; their technology was beyond anything Felicia had ever seen. Mr. Warden and Virginia made good arguments; and she was impressed with the hard work and dedication that those who had already joined. Not to mention that this Captain America fellow was gorgeous. The longer she stayed and the more she saw, the more joining sounded like a great idea. In the end she really had no choice. This was going to be big. Bigger than reality TV, bigger than Soloing in New Orleans.

Personality/Motivation: Dedicated heroine who unsuccessfully tried out for the WildGuard superteam. Psi Mistress proved cool under fire in both the first attack of the alien slavers and in the final melee with Wandering Eye. She uses her powers to protect her allies first, trying to stay out of the cross fire. She'll use her attacks and draw attention to herself as a last resort.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Powerful Telepath; but not much else by way of combat ability; Psi-Mistress wears a light suit of armor and tries to stay away from trouble.

Campaign Use: Powerful Telepath with some Ego attack abilities and impressive mental defenses. She lacks physical defenses and is kind of frail. To weaken her scale back her Twin Multipowers or fold them together at 75 pts. To make her stronger, add some other combat abilities, mostly defensive (Armored costume, Force Field projector, some martial arts, increase her physical characteristisc, etc)

Appearance: Attractive and fit African American woman in a white bodysuit with red trim. She wears her hair in long cornrows.

Re: Psi Mistress

*blink*

She can't actually mentally hurt herself, except with a lucky Find Weakness, and then only feebly?

A fight with her mirror image would come down to wrestling, slapping, scratching, hair-pulling and choking?

Not that I'm complaining.. ;)

Finally a character with mental defense, that I approve!:P

Please, no armor suit! ???

No? You like sending your heroes out with 9 DEF? You're mean. :P

*blink*

She can't actually mentally hurt herself, except with a lucky Find Weakness, and then only feebly?

A fight with her mirror image would come down to wrestling, slapping, scratching, hair-pulling and choking?

Not that I'm complaining.. ;)

well you did read the message about her personal MD being 22 right? But yeah; She can't really whup up on herself.

Thanks. This is for the Draft A Superteam 2008 that Log's running over in the NGD.

Right now I've been posting my team like mad.

the comments about Telepaths always dying is actually a tweak at Prof X and Jean Gray...Psyloke, White Queen, Sage...It seems every telepath in the MU has kicked the bucket at least once.

Thanks. This is for the Draft A Superteam 2008 that Log's running over in the NGD.

the comments about Telepaths always dying is actually a tweak at Prof X and Jean Gray...Psyloke, White Queen, Sage...It seems every telepath in the MU has kicked the bucket at least once.

Luckily, every character in the Marvel Universe has Ressurection; some of them just have more Extra Time on it than others.

I really like it. I love the visable effects on the powers, make them a bit more like the CoH Mentalists.

The only thing I worry about is a DCV 5 and only 6 PD/ED none of which is resistant would be instant goo in the game I play in. Depending on your game I hope it's enough.

Well, she has one level of combat luck but yeah, i know what you mean.

Thats because they all purchased Gandalf the grey life insurance policys......

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my two cents,

It is a hard thing to do but you might be able to pull this off.

Try to bring into the game plants, yes psi plants and drugs.

It can make an interesting and a good game session or cause the whole game

crash and burn.

Also I do like the idea behind the character, but there are alot of points in

this write up.

Can this character be writen up under 300 points in character stats and powers?

I have played several years of champions and I have yet to see a game with

even a group of characters with this level of point spent on one.

It would be nice to see the first low power version posted here to compare.

I do like the concept.