Skrull vs. Avengers

Egyptoid

Re: Skrull vs. Avengers

the latest Annihilation, with the inter-play between Groot

and Rocket Raccoon, awesome stuff.

I decided to have several powered skrulls in my upcoming game.

Meta-Skrull Powers of Infinity Watch

Over-Skrull Powers of Shiar Imp.Guard

Power Skrull Powers of X-Men

Super-Skrull2 New one Powers of Fant.Four

Warskrull Powers of Avengers

I decided to have several powered skrulls in my upcoming game.

Meta-Skrull Powers of Infinity Watch

Over-Skrull Powers of Shiar Imp.Guard

Power Skrull Powers of X-Men

Super-Skrull2 New one Powers of Fant.Four

Warskrull Powers of Avengers

Which X-Men? Classic? All New, All Different? Blue? Gold? New? X-Treme? Astonishing?

Which FF? Classic? New (Ghost Rider, Hulk, Spider-Man, and Wolverine)? New New (Black Panther, Storm, Thing, and Human Torch)?

Which Avengers? Classic? West Coast? Mighty? New?

is that YAMBAF ?

smells like yambaf to me ..... :D

No, it's an honest question -- unless you're giving Power Skrull the powers of everyone who's ever called themselves an X-Man or -Woman (which is at least 20 people), you'll need to determine which team of X-Men he's mimicking. Same goes for the revolving roster of the Avengers.

• 4 months later...

:: clicks link::

Were Quicksilver, Thor, Hulk, Cap and Hawkeye ever on the same Avengers squad? Hulk being the odd man out there...

Well, if you mean active avengers at one time, I think there was a "Kang" type situation where just about every avenger was active at once, but why would the skrull have to be limited to just those active at one time. It looks like the skrull gene-splicing (or whatever it is) doesn't need to scan the heroes like the Super-Adaptoid or Amazo.

Why did they leave off wolverine? Wasn't he a member of every superteam that ever existed?

:: clicks link::

Were Quicksilver, Thor, Hulk, Cap and Hawkeye ever on the same Avengers squad? Hulk being the odd man out there...

I'm thinking, no, at least not formal members at the same time.

(Of course, they were all part of the the Avengers Project in Ultimates, but that's a different universe.)

but why would the skrull have to be limited to just those active at one time. It looks like the skrull gene-splicing (or whatever it is) doesn't need to scan the heroes like the Super-Adaptoid or Amazo.

All of the new Super Skrulls seem to have powers and costumes derived from various hero and villain teams.

Apparently, when the Skrulls pick a theme they stick with it ;)

Yeah, there's a "Leftover X-Men" Superskrull with Polaris, Havok, Sunfire, and Banshee powers thusfar shown, one or three Avengers ones (One with Cap's shield, for instance, another with Giant Man size, but not shown other powers yet), a few more.

All told, there's probably a dozen Amalgamations and dozens of one-hero-duplicator types.

Plus gobs and gobs of normal Skrulls.

Not a fan of teh story, no.

What I've long wanted to see is a storyline featuring the last of the Skrullian Eternals. The Skrulls were supposed to have had "normal" and "Eternal" strains due to Celestial experimentation, until the shapeshifting "Deviant" branch of the race achieved dominance.

I imagine the last and strongest Skrull Eternal having fought and hunted the Deviant Skrulls alone for eons, until they finally captured him (or her). The Skrulls imprisoned and tortured the SE in revenge for many millennia, which is why we've never seen or heard of him. But something happens which finally frees him. Maddened from his long torment he goes on a rampage, seeking to exterminate the Skrulls even if it means destroying the universe along with them. As humans have had the greatest success thwarting the Skrull Empire, his quest eventually leads him to Earth...

Why did they leave off wolverine? Wasn't he a member of every superteam that ever existed?

There's gotta be an equation that correlates over-exposure and diminishing returns. He was my favorite character in the early eighties. Now, I just kinda groan inwardly when I see him, and I see him EVERYWHERE. :thumbdown:

What I've long wanted to see is a storyline featuring the last of the Skrullian Eternals. The Skrulls were supposed to have had "normal" and "Eternal" strains due to Celestial experimentation, until the shapeshifting "Deviant" branch of the race achieved dominance.

I imagine the last and strongest Skrull Eternal having fought and hunted the Deviant Skrulls alone for eons, until they finally captured him (or her). The Skrulls imprisoned and tortured the SE in revenge for many millennia, which is why we've never seen or heard of him. But something happens which finally frees him. Maddened from his long torment he goes on a rampage, seeking to exterminate the Skrulls even if it means destroying the universe along with them. As humans have had the greatest success thwarting the Skrull Empire, his quest eventually leads him to Earth...

Wow. Why aren't YOU writing the Avengers?

I'd like to see the Super-Skrull assigned to the Great Lakes Avengers/Lightning Rods/Great Lakes Initiative. Especially if, in mimicking Deadpool (who at least was a member at one time), he got stuck in that form.

Also, as cool as Liaden's idea is -- and it is! -- I think it's been said the (Deviant) Skrulls killed all the other (non-Deviant) Skrulls ages ago. But, it's not like Quesada & Co. are above ignoring continuity for storytelling, so maybe....

I'd like to see the Super-Skrull assigned to the Great Lakes Avengers/Lightning Rods/Great Lakes Initiative. Especially if, in mimicking Deadpool (who at least was a member at one time), he got stuck in that form.

Also, as cool as Liaden's idea is -- and it is! -- I think it's been said the (Deviant) Skrulls killed all the other (non-Deviant) Skrulls ages ago. But, it's not like Quesada & Co. are above ignoring continuity for storytelling, so maybe....

I thought the Dire Wraiths were the deviant skrulls.

Also' date=' as cool as Liaden's idea is -- and it is! -- I think it's been said the (Deviant) Skrulls killed all the other (non-Deviant) Skrulls ages ago. But, it's not like Quesada & Co. are above ignoring continuity for storytelling, so maybe....[/quote']

Thank you for the kind words. :o Just to clarify, what I was proposing is the last of the Skrull Eternals. The Deviant Skrulls did indeed kill all the other species ages ago... all but one. This "one that got away," the last of his kind, had been fighting a lonely, bitter war of revenge against the Skrulls for hundreds of thousands of years before his capture. Something like the oath Hannibal swore to his father, never to make peace with the Romans. (I admit to liking antagonists with tragic, sympathetic backgrounds.) After eons of conflict with the Skrulls, and millennia of torture at their hands, he would be psychotic and totally obsessed with destroying the Skrulls whatever the cost; but perhaps not totally irredeemable.

With his age and experience, he could be as powerful and deadly as any Eternal who ever lived, perhaps even rivalling Thanos. I would expect the Skrulls to be terrified of him and to panic when he escapes. All sorts of events could be set in motion as they desperately try to recapture or destroy him.

No - they were an offshoot of them' date=' who started to practice magic. They went their own way after the deviants killed off the rest.[/quote']

Which is why the "we can mimic/counter magic" thing the Skrulls are showing now comes across as so odd to me. They exiled or killed all their magic-users centuries ago.

But, maybe this facet of their improved shapechanging ability is a boon from the Skrull Gods.

Which is why the "we can mimic/counter magic" thing the Skrulls are showing now comes across as so odd to me. They exiled or killed all their magic-users centuries ago.

But, maybe this facet of their improved shapechanging ability is a boon from the Skrull Gods.

I think they got the magic thing from the genes of Dr Strange (ok, so that doesn't make sense unless Marvel has genetic-linked magic - but that is what the Scarlet Witch is now). They supposedly got their technique of copying superpowers when they captured the Illuminati, and Dr S was a part of that (IIRC).

But the magic use might be a boon - they've been pushing the Skrull God bit in the Incredible (Hulk) Hercules (seriously, how lame is it that a character can't get his own comic but has to steal it from another, not to mention the absurd Red Hulk/Moon Thor bit). :sick::stupid::cry:

seriously' date=' how lame is it that a character can't get his own comic but has to steal it from another[/quote']

Would you classify it as more, less or about as lame as the following:

Having your own book for 5 to 8 issues, when it gets cancelled out from under you;

so you get slotted into a Super team where you don't fit and last less issues than your original run;

but those writers just won't give up, so they fit you in as a backup feature in someone else's book;

then you take over the lead in that book;

and then it gets renamed to this character's name past its 100'th issue?

Would you classify it as more, less or about as lame as the following:

Having your own book for 5 to 8 issues, when it gets cancelled out from under you;

so you get slotted into a Super team where you don't fit and last less issues than your original run;

but those writers just won't give up, so they fit you in as a backup feature in someone else's book;

then you take over the lead in that book;

and then it gets renamed to this character's name past its 100'th issue?

Hmm...the whole story (it sounds as if we're talking about the same guy) makes it even more lame. (the whole is lamer than just stealing the comic is what I mean).

But then, there are a lot of things like that in comics. But is that situation more or less lame than having one or two characters in virtually every book in existence? Said characters can't have time to go to the bathroom with their busy schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible Hulk/Hercules 120. The Eternal Skrull's name is Kly'bn, and He Loves You. That's about all the spoiler I will give unless other people are curious and want to see it. I'm not sure how to do that spoiler thing where you have to click on it, or highlight it. It's twisted, all right.