Stronghold Thoughts...

Dr. MID-Nite

While I haven't looked the book through cover to cover, I did thumb through it enough to give some decent first impressions...

Part 1 covers how to handle the trial and all the legal issues pertaining to arresting a bad guy and how the legal system handles superhumans in general. Given Steve's background, this is of course extremely detailed....and while I myself don't usally need so much detail, my players do...so the entire section will help me make it all more "real".

Part 2 covers the Stronghold prison itself in exhaustive detail. I especially appreciate the prisoner classifications, which identifies them based on ability to escape and record/potential for violence. There's even a list of who's currently locked up(though this will need to be modified for your own campaigns of course).

Part 3 has some prisoner writeups. Among them:

Glacier-Giant cold generating behemoth. An updated character from European Enemies. Yes....you read that right....EUROPEAN ENEMIES! The writeup is great. This monstrosity will give all but fire users an extremely hard time and even fire users will really have to work to take on this one..

Geothermal- Powerful earth/lava controller. Does massive damage and his agenda is to more or less wipe out most of humanity.

Requiem and Frost: Yeap...former members of Deathstroke. You'll have to buy the book to find out what happened to the other members. These represent what happens when you spend most of your life in Stronghold...as their point levels are low(no XP!).

Alchemica-Low level matter transmuter, but the nature of her powers got her sent to the super prison. My personal pick for a potential "redeemed" villain.

Point levels on these guys ranged from 270 to about 1000. Geothermal and Glacier are in hot sleep.(Though how long that could be effective on a walking iceberg is open to debate.)

Anyways...for those wanting a detailed super prison, here it is(with notes on changing aspects of it). Well worth it. I could have used more writeups, but I alwasy want more writeups...so don't let that stop you from picking this up.

Rob

Re: Stronghold Thoughts...

An updated character from European Enemies.

No, he's not. ;) They may be similar, simply because the name "Glacier" suggests a certain power set, but I absolutely, positively, guarantee you that I'm not going to be "updating" any characters from European Enemies.

No' date=' he's not. ;) They may be similar, simply because the name "Glacier" suggests a certain power set, but I absolutely, positively, guarantee you that I'm not going to be "updating" any characters from European Enemies.[/quote']

Aw shucks..they're close enough as to be clones...why not just go with it? :)

No' date=' he's not. ;) They may be similar, simply because the name "Glacier" suggests a certain power set, but I absolutely, positively, guarantee you that I'm not going to be "updating" any characters from European Enemies.[/quote']Except in the case of Doppleganger, I'd have to say that's no big loss.
All in all' date=' another brick thrown at Das Wall.[/quote']:slap:

Part 3 has some prisoner writeups. Among them:

Glacier-Giant cold generating behemoth. An updated character from European Enemies. Yes....you read that right....EUROPEAN ENEMIES! The writeup is great. This monstrosity will give all but fire users an extremely hard time and even fire users will really have to work to take on this one..

I wonder -- as Glacier is given no origin, maybe he could be a servant/creation of The Ice from Champions of the North?

I wonder -- as Glacier is given no origin' date=' maybe he could be a servant/creation of The Ice from [i']Champions of the North[/i]?

That'd be one to consider. In my campaign, he'll most likely be a servitor of an evil god....or a resident of Jotunheim(if I decide to add the Norse Gods to the others already present in my world).

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

As it does not seem to have shipped to the UK at all I had to get it by PDF.

and it is good. Major improvement on the original Stronghold and beats Lockdown quite handsomely. It stands up well against Grammercy Island and Escape From Alcatraz which are the other Super Prison books of note.

As it does not seem to have shipped to the UK at all I had to get it by PDF.

and it is good. Major improvement on the original Stronghold and beats Lockdown quite handsomely. It stands up well against Grammercy Island and Escape From Alcatraz which are the other Super Prison books of note.

Why didn't you order the hardcopy version from the Hero Store instead of the PDF?

TB

Why didn't you order the hardcopy version from the Hero Store instead of the PDF?

TB

Overseas postage and time to deliver. Overseas postage has a hefty bit onto the bill. Besides I had a discount from the Digital Hero stuff and there is only the colour cover to worry about. I have a double sided printer and used that.

Voila instant book.

Overseas postage and time to deliver. Overseas postage has a hefty bit onto the bill. Besides I had a discount from the Digital Hero stuff and there is only the colour cover to worry about. I have a double sided printer and used that.

Voila instant book.

Cool.

You are aware that shipping from the Hero Store is free to anywhere in the world, right?