Cannonball

Mightybec

Re: Cannonball

Originally posted by Mightybec

I'm trying to build a speedster that likes to run through things at high speeds (buildings, cars, villians, ect...). The only thing that I could think of is a large HA that is only active when running. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mightybec

Move Throughs with a force field that only protects against move throughs

Re: details

Originally posted by Patriot

Did you want to just run thru them(no damage), or were you looking for a world of hurt power?

I want the character to be able to run through the wall of a building (knock a hole thru) without braining himself, and be a living projectile vs vehicles and villians

Mightybec

Re: Re: details

Originally posted by Mightybec

I want the character to be able to run through the wall of a building (knock a hole thru) without braining himself, and be a living projectile vs vehicles and villians

Mightybec

You can add tunnelling

and have flight (must touch surface), PSL for Move Through, Force Field vs Move Through

• 1 year later...

Bringing this up from the past' date=' for the force field to be good only for the Move Through or Move By, what would be the modifier?[/quote']

When I was playing a speedster who wanted to perform a lot of movethroughs/bys, the GM allowed me to take armor with a -2 modifier--only for damage caused by those two maneuvers. It's not like Cannonball from the New Mutants, but I think it's closer to what you were looking for to begin with. You could choose to avoid the whole self-damage question if instead of a movethrough/by you used an Energy blast, linked proportionately with speed, with the special effect that it was really your speedster doing damage to others without hurting himself.

I also like the idea that others have put forward--tunneling linked to flight/movement.

Bringing this up from the past, for the force field to be good only for the Move Through or Move By, what would be the modifier?

I've actually been thinking of a character called Bantam, a short, cocky guy with an attitude with similar powers to Cannonball.

Although the protection would only be versus two maneuvers, you'd be using the power constantly, and to get rid of one of the major drawbacks of the maneuvers, so I'd go with -1 max. You'd only need non-resistant PD for this, though, to it'd still be pretty cheap.

Well, in some previous Champions publication, there was a speedster that had PD & Dmg Red. with a limitation of "only for Move throughs/move bys."

I personally wouldn't make it a force field, because it not only would cost additional endurance, but part of your cost would go to resistant defenses which is most likely a waste of points.

Just my opinion, "YMMV"

Guest stingray

I'm trying to build a speedster that likes to run through things at high speeds (buildings, cars, villians, ect...). The only thing that I could think of is a large HA that is only active when running. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mightybec

Try a 35PD forcefield that's always on and only works when running.