The Most Powerful Laxative Known To Man

I have a general effect in search of a game effect.

The basic attack is a super-soaker loaded with a chemical that causes extreme incontinence and diarrhea. Beyond the immediate effect of causing the target to soil his pants (and the attendant embarrassment), this can also cause abdominal cramps, dizziness, and (over time) dehydration.

I have a pretty good idea what Power Modifiers to use here -- Focus, Limited Range, Gradual Effect, Does Not Work Against Targets With Appropriate Life Support, and so forth. I'm wondering what the base Power (or Powers) should be. A Drain to COM and CON could be a start; possibly also DEX and PRE. But maybe someone has some other idea, and I'd like to hear about it.

Re: The Most Powerful Laxative Known To Man

Mind Control, Set Effect: Be Utterly Grossed Out; AoE Radius; Linked to (primary power) (or, "Only If [primary power] Causes Visible &/or Smellable Effect To Target).

Have to cover (:snicker:) the result to those around the target. :winkgrin:

I'm sure I've seen the video of this being used somewhere..

Wasn't a link posted on these boards not too long ago?

The microwave beam thing that causes loss of sphincter control?

Someone's gotta remember it.

Diarrhoea Damage' will mainly be from dehydration, so is unlikely to be immediately incapacitating in itself: a small variable drain that removes END and STUN then, when it is all gone, BODY.

However you also have agonising cramps going on, which is probably something like a DEX drain.

You've got the pants full of poo, which is probably a PRE drain coupled with a bonus to anyone tracking you by scent.

So, basically, a multiple characteristic drain is the most straightforward way to do it in my opinion.

This is one of the meanest power concepts I have encountered to date.

I think change environment with a variable combat effect of lower OCV or DEX rolls, actually just about any negative stat modifier could be justifiably based on the description of cramping and err… having leakage… Man, this is a really terrible thing to do too someone. Is this a NPC or Player idea?

Ok, I want to use this against some players now.

Is this a NPC or Player idea?
It's technically for a PC -- a gadgeteer superhero with a clown theme. This particular attack is supposed to go with the following quote:

"I know what you're thinking. 'Does he really think he can scare me with just a Super Soaker?' But the truth is, I have two of these. One's filled with plain water. The other has a mixture of castor oil, strained liver, concentrated lactose, blackberry juice, and eighty-seven other ingredients, making it the most powerful laxative known to man. Which one did I pack? In the rush to get over here, I kind of lost track myself. So you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

I'd do a CON based Entangle (just like an EGO based but with CON). There are a bajillion ways to handle it but in large part you are immobilized because of the mobility of your bowels, the cramping, and semi-involuntary nature of the whole soiled affair. If... If you have the iron fortitude and ability to force your body beyond what it is meant to endure then the poo-poo attack means little to you but if you are of normal mean then you my friend can't even defend yourself much less fly around firing energy blasts in those smelly little brown tights of yours.

"I know what you're thinking. 'Does he really think he can scare me with just a Super Soaker?' But the truth is' date=' I have two of these. One's filled with plain water. The other has a mixture of castor oil, strained liver, concentrated lactose, blackberry juice, and eighty-seven other ingredients, making it the most powerful laxative known to man. Which one did I pack? In the rush to get over here, I kind of lost track myself. So you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"[/quote']

Of course a regular water pistol might not be enough, so perhaps he should modify it with the addition of a vintage double-sized Champagne bottle as the pressure chamber. A '44 Magnum would be ideal ;)

As important as getting this right is, having it useable is just as important. This:

Sluice Gate: Drain BODY 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points), Ranged (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2), Four 'dehydration effects' simultaneously (Drains DEX, PRE, COM, STUN; +1) (60 Active Points)

Drains 2 DEX, 6 PRE, 12 COM and 6 STUN per application, which is relatively easy to keep track of as it all recovers at the same rate. You can add in all sorts of limtiations like (doesn't work against non-human physiology, stopepd by LS and so on) to bring the cost down. It is not a devastating attack but it does put oppoents at a real disadvantage as part of a team strategy.

Mind Control vs Con, one command only: **** Yourself.

Any other effects are up to the GMs and parties role play skills. Note that the victim won't be able to stop trying to follow the command until he makes a break-out roll, which will probably, well, eliminate him from combat.

I'd do a CON based Entangle (just like an EGO based but with CON). There are a bajillion ways to handle it but in large part you are immobilized because of the mobility of your bowels' date=' the cramping, and semi-involuntary nature of the whole soiled affair. If... If you have the iron fortitude and ability to force your body beyond what it is meant to endure then the poo-poo attack means little to you but if you are of normal mean then you my friend can't even defend yourself much less fly around firing energy blasts in those smelly little brown tights of yours.[/quote']

I like this Idea, maybe with a small Drain (Dex, Int) attached and a Limitation that reflects there might be some things the victim might still be able to do but with difficulty. A major Pre/Com Drain might applicable too or that could be left to role playing and modifiers.

Unless the effects are very long term* Stun/Body Damage wouldn't be applicable in IMO.

*Or the game is comedic then ****ing yourself unconscious (or to death) could be just the mood. :)

I have a general effect in search of a game effect.

The basic attack is a super-soaker loaded with a chemical that causes extreme incontinence and diarrhea. Beyond the immediate effect of causing the target to soil his pants (and the attendant embarrassment), this can also cause abdominal cramps, dizziness, and (over time) dehydration.

I have a pretty good idea what Power Modifiers to use here -- Focus, Limited Range, Gradual Effect, Does Not Work Against Targets With Appropriate Life Support, and so forth. I'm wondering what the base Power (or Powers) should be. A Drain to COM and CON could be a start; possibly also DEX and PRE. But maybe someone has some other idea, and I'd like to hear about it.

Wouldn't the character have to hit the target in the mouth or in somewhat that made them swallow the concoction or will that be under special effects?

Wouldn't the character have to hit the target in the mouth or in somewhat that made them swallow the concoction or will that be under special effects?
Arguably, and that's a good point especially given the sample ingredients I've mentioned, but I'm giving a bit of dramatic license here.

Arguably' date=' and that's a good point especially given the sample ingredients I've mentioned, but I'm giving a bit of dramatic license here.[/quote']

Fair enough, I've seen "Blinding powder" and "Threw sand on their eyes!" type powers written up as Flashes without requiring specific targeting .

Mind Control vs Con, one command only: **** Yourself.

Any other effects are up to the GMs and parties role play skills. Note that the victim won't be able to stop trying to follow the command until he makes a break-out roll, which will probably, well, eliminate him from combat.

And this year's Oscar for the worst pun in a Hero Forums Post goes to...

Well, this thread seems to have pooped out... so thanks to everyone who posted and gave their input. Probably I'll stick with my original thought, at least for the most part; however:

Images/Change Environment: Because unfortunately' date=' the victim is a lot easier to smell...[/quote']This may become a Linked Power to the Drain.

• 2 weeks later...