Answers & Questions

Klytus

A: If you don't mind, Mom, I'll eat in the cafeteria today. It's safer.

Q: Hey kid, you want the coupon for the free regular rat from Rat On A Stick, or the full punch-card from Dominic's Day-Old Sushi?

A: He puts the double-tap in double tapioca.

A: You say I'm evil. I say I'm awesome. It's all a matter of perspective.

Q - You made a half-pony half-monkey monster to try to please the beautiful woman you've abducted to your secret lair? That's just evil!

A - I won't come down today.

A - I have no idea what you're asking me to do.

Q: Integrate along the relativistic worldline for a starship that accelerates uniformly at 1 g in its frame of reference for some rest frame distance R, reverses the direction of its acceleration in mid-trip, and comes to zero velocity at rest frame distance 2R from its start point, and obtain the time elapsed during the trip for a passenger in the accelerated frame. Evaluate this numerically for the distance to M31, about 700 kiloparsecs.

A: More than some. Not as many as lots.

Q: Integrate along the relativistic worldline for a starship that accelerates uniformly at 1 g in its frame of reference for some rest frame distance R, reverses the direction of its acceleration in mid-trip, and comes to zero velocity at rest frame distance 2R from its start point, and obtain the time elapsed during the trip for a passenger in the accelerated frame. Evaluate this numerically for the distance to M31, about 700 kiloparsecs.

A: More than some. Not as many as lots.

Q - How many students will score more than zero points on the question above?

A - I think I need a penguin upgrade.