1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp allspice

2 oz unsweetened chocolate

1/2 lb butter

1 cup boiling water or coffee

1 cup dark brown sugar

1 cup light molasses

4 lg eggs

Adjust rack 1/3 up from bottom of the oven. Preheat oven 325 degrees. Butter 9x13 baking pan and dust it with fine breadcrumbs (I omitted the crumbs). Sift flour through allspice together and set aside. Place chocolate in the top of a small double boiler over hot water on low heat. Cover until chocolate is melted. Set aside, uncovered, to cool slightly.

Place butter in large bowl if electric mixer. Add boiling water and mix until melted. Add brown sugar and mix well. Mix in molasses. Add eggs all together and beat until well mixed. Mix in chocolate on low speed. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and beat only until they're incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and tilt pan to level the batter. Bake for about 50 minutes. Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes. Cover with cookie sheet or rack and invert. Remove pan. Reinvert right side up for cake to finish cooling.

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I think we should all converge in Cleveland and take over this restaurant!

Hmm...any good gaming cons in/near Cleveland?

I wish I knew about this place the few times I went through there years ago. No, actually, it's probably a good thing I didn't :D

And just in time for Fat Tuesday!

396533_377544712258320_203785576300902_1538019_352893560_n.jpg

Shrimp Etouffee

420090_377547688924689_203785576300902_1538042_1444687835_n.jpg

Steak Taco: "The Gree-yad" Thin slicked blackened beef tenderloin with creole cream cheese, a cajun tomato bayou sauce and a sweet corn maquechoix

Vegan gumboTaco: Black-eyed pea gumbo with a trio of peppers, okra, sweet corn and vegan "dirty" rice

Every Tuesday, Lion on Lorain offers two specialty tacos as well as their usual tacos. The owner always makes sure one is a vegan option (so you can order one of each or just the vegan or just the meat or just the normal ones). He posts the pics on his facebook account (where I find them to share with the masses :)).

430648_379450622067729_203785576300902_1542605_1841698536_n.jpg

Featured Sandwich: "The Arthur Treacherous" Ale battered fillet of tilapia with a smoked ancho remoulade sauce, crisp house slaw, lettuce, tomato and onion. Served with a pickle and choice of signature jojos or sweet potato tater tots.

430339_379566465389478_203785576300902_1542964_151721958_n.jpg

The Lion's Sinner & Saint Lenten Fish Fry.

The Sinner

Giant homemade pierogi stuffed with cheddar potato pierogi filling, roast beef, swiss and horseradish. Fried crisp and topped with our sweet onion slaw

The Saint

Giant fish fry pierogi stuffed with cheddar potato pierogi filling, panko crusted tilapia and ancho remoulade, fried crisp and topped with sweet onion slaw