Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Well, it's a grilled dog, which I think gives it better flavor than boiled to start.

One day, if I ever get the chance if we can get in in Chicago, I want to visit Hot Doug's. :eg:

I have been there, the dogs are epic, go on a weekend, and get the duck fat fries...you will look down on french fries for the rest of your life after that.

Believe me, the duck fat fries are the other reason why I want to visit. :D

In other news, my in-laws got me for my birthday the cookbooks from Iron Chefs Morimoto and Kenichi. Tonight we tested out Kenichi's recipe for pork belly donburi and it turned out pretty good for a first attempt.

Well, the sauce I'll be making tomorrow probably belongs in the other thread, but since it's pizza sauce.

A flat of organic tomatoes that will be stemmed and seeded, roasted lightly, deskinned, then I'll slow cook them with red wine, garlic, onions, and a blend of spices. Once they're in the pot, 4-6 hours. About 1/2 way thru I'll take a hand blender to the mix.

Depending on thickness, I may add a potato.

It's Taco Tuesday again! :D

432242_382064711806320_203785576300902_1550810_625529828_n.jpg

Cajun Blackened mahi mahi taco (right) spiced green tomato jam and pepper, avocado slaw in a meyer lemon vinaigrette.

Chik'N Vermicelli (left) vegan chik'N with summer squash, peppers, onions and vermicelli pasta in a mojo aglio olio with spring greens.

Cinnamon allergy? Oh man' date=' that's gotta suck. Although, if you've never enjoyed cinnamon, I guess it's not a big deal.[/quote']

Sadly, it's a flavor & smell I really like. It's not a very serious allergy (and more accurately is an intolerance) that causes my mouth to break out in sores.

I used to get what I thought were cold sores.

One day, I tried Tom's of Maine Toothpaste, Cinnamon. My doctor had to coat my mouth with something and I was on pain meds for a week while I healed up. That's when we tested and if I avoid cinnamon, no mouth sores. (And yes, both types of cinnamon cause my reaction)

Presumably' date=' a bakery ATM differs from a vending machine in that you buy stuff from a vending machine, but you withdraw baked goods from an account you've opened previously with a baked-goods deposit from an ATM.[/quote']

Wow, setting up an account at a bakery could be very dangerous indeed. Hell, I'm proud of myself for not stopping at the Krispy Kreme on the way home!

Wow' date=' setting up an account at a bakery could be very dangerous indeed. Hell, I'm proud of myself for not stopping at the Krispy Kreme on the way home![/quote']

No, you're still thinking about buying baked goods. To be an ATM, you'd have to take baked goods in and deposit them, to be withdrawn later as you need them.

Although some sort of subscription service at a bakery would be kind of cool. Pay a set fee, and get up to 5 coffees and 5 doughnuts per week each month.... I'll add that to my things-to-do-when-I-inherit-a-doughnut-shop list.