Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Today I had lunch at a pizza buffet place, and I saw a few selections I had not heard of before. Loaded Baked Potato Pizza intrigued me enough to try it. It was interesting; definitely reminiscent of a baked potato, and it had no red sauce to get in the way. I couldn't tell if it had actual potato there, but it looked vaguely like a thin layer of mashed potatoes may have been under the profuse amount of cheese and bacon.

I've seen several dessert pizzas before, but they had a Pumpkin Pie Pizza which was new to me. I tried a bite, and was definitely pumpkin pie... then I remembered why I didn't eat pumpkin pie anymore. I didn't try the S'mores Pizza, but for some reason that didn't seem very weird to me.

Yes, I've had that reaction.

The one that comes to mind was the buttered tea I had in a Tibetan restaurant. That was weird enough I still don't know what to think of it.

That's kind of my reaction to the crab harumaki at the sushi restaurant I frequent. It always sounds so good on the menu, and the first couple of bites are really good, but as I keep going my aversion to meat + sweet taste kicks in and I end up being sorry I ordered it.

I've had that reaction a few times too. Does anyone else have any food that you only really crave at certain times? One for me os pumpkin pie. I really crave it around Thanksgiving/Halloween. But I'll eat a slice then not want it again until that time of year rolls around again.

I've had that reaction a few times too. Does anyone else have any food that you only really crave at certain times? One for me os pumpkin pie. I really crave it around Thanksgiving/Halloween. But I'll eat a slice then not want it again until that time of year rolls around again.

I'm that way with root beer. Sometimes I really want some, but a 2 liter is too much and it goes to waste after a glass or two.

I crave pancakes maybe once a year, too.

Does anyone else have any food that you only really crave at certain times? One for me os pumpkin pie. I really crave it around Thanksgiving/Halloween. But I'll eat a slice then not want it again until that time of year rolls around again.

Once in a blue moon I have a craving for Krystal burgers. The thing is, no matter how many I order it's always one too many, and the last slider ends up tasting disgusting.

Saturday I bought some cupcakes from a new store. I finished them last night. Today I couldn't stop thinking about how the cream cheese frosting tasted, so I got in my car and drove a half-hour,one way, to buy some more.

I'm F'n Nuts !

I do, but it's not really based on the time of year or anything. Just, all of a sudden, I'll go 'You know ... I'm really in the mood for (X).'

I will, however, always buy at least one McRib each time they come around. Unfortunately, I must eat them at the restaurant alone, as my wife absolutely cannot tolerate the smell of the sauce they use.

Come hell or high water, I WILL be trying these tonight... :eg:

418319_391344980878293_203785576300902_1575373_461445204_n.jpg

Steak & Egg taco (right)

Grilled strip steak, on a bacon potato encrusted tortilla with greens, a fried egg, colby and a white truffle ketchup

Vegan wonton tofu

Wonton wrapped tofu over vegan fried rice, with asian slaw, double fermented soy and wasabi peas

Once in a blue moon I have a craving for Krystal burgers. The thing is' date=' no matter how many I order it's always one too many, and the last slider ends up tasting disgusting.[/quote']

Big Macs are mine. I'll go for months, even a couple of years and not want one then out of nowhere I'll get a craving where nothing else will do and after that I'm "meh" at best about them.

BBQ chicken pizza

Grilled chicken, bacon, smoked onions and colby cheddar on a jerk spiced crust with red stripe bbq and lil sumpin sauce

424800_392226617456796_203785576300902_1577351_2128908492_n.jpg

Ancho-tomato coulis (densely flavored puree') topped with bacon, chopped hash browns and colby jack cheese. Garnished with scrambled egg, cajun mayonnaise and scallions

418132_392227127456745_203785576300902_1577352_1818065621_n.jpg