The Monster As Hero thread

death tribble

Re: The Monster As Hero thread

Because it would be hard to get them out of the water for land-based adventures that the comics do so often with them. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but Aquaman is useless out of water anyway (and the target of much ridicule). Now with a Kraken, you're stuck in the water, but if anyone gets near your turf, they have an apocalyptal monster to deal with. Careful, with global warming, the sea is geting higher :sneaky:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally last night the dreaded phrase that the Hero Gamers have feared the most: 'Death Tribble has had an idea'

What are most people afraid of ?

Your ideas! :D

Here's one:

http://www.uber-world.com/characterpage.php?cid=172

I have no idea who designed the character.

The character description said Neil Ma. :thumbup:

Finally last night the dreaded phrase that the Hero Gamers have feared the most: 'Death Tribble has had an idea'

What are most people afraid of ? Sharks

So what is more monstrous that a shark with superpowers ? And then making that a good guy ? Forget the air brushing that can make people think that something can look cute ie the Sasquatch Harry in Harry and the Hendersons, this is a man shark with big teeth.

Has anyone ever come across a shark or man shark as good guy ?

that would be the 1970's cartoon hero jabberjaw

"Three times I've sent you back from me

Three times my bones gone dry

And three times I've seen the shooting shark

Lighting up the sky"

-BOC

Another Blue Öyster Cult fan? YES!!! By the way, that's one of my favorite BÖC songs.

(How the heck do you type an umlaut anyway?)

How I did it: I went to http://blueoystercult.com/main.html, clicked on studio, selected the Imaginos album, and copied the song title Blue Öyster Cult.

How you should do it: Just copy it from my message and save it somewhere. Or use the insert special character feature in Works Word Processor and select the Times New Roman font. Happy umlauting!

What are most people afraid of ? Sharks

So what is more monstrous that a shark with superpowers ? And then making that a good guy ? Forget the air brushing that can make people think that something can look cute ie the Sasquatch Harry in Harry and the Hendersons, this is a man shark with big teeth.

Has anyone ever come across a shark or man shark as good guy ?

Street Sharks. They're jawsome!

Man, you beat me to mentioning Street Sharks. I remember when they showed that after school right before Biker Mice From Mars.

The obvious idea to me would be Frankenstein's monster. Particularly since the original literary character is effectively superhuman without any of the stupidity or shambling clumsiness of the Hammer Horror style creature.

And while I'd call him an extreme anti-hero rather than a monster the Psycho or killer as hero is possible. One could get quite cute and call such a character an Anti-Villain i.e one who acts out murderous desires for their own pleasure but for some reason chooses to target criminals or killers. (Although I suppose that techically an Anti-Villain would be a criminal mastermind who happened to be a really nice guy who was kind to children and animals, gave to charity and was truly apologetic when he had to kidnap, kill or otherwise inconvenience someone).

The Punisher and Dexter have been mentioned and there are plenty of superheroes and vigilantes who do kill e.g. Spawn, The Authority, Rorschach, The Crow. It is not impossible that a darker hero could take on the persona of a masked killer in order to terrify his villainous victims. There are quite a few stories of people returning from the dead, (or seeming to), in order to take a bloody revenge on their killers. Alternatively a Dexter style serial killer could have some warped idea of higher justice, perhaps seeing themselves as an aid to the law or as a servant of divine retribution.

In a game such a character could be a very disturbing encounter for PCs. Ok so he saved you from DEMON but can you really sit by while he tries to decide what blade he's going to use to dispatch the villain he just captured?